Truth you WISH were lies about this upcoming tour

friendlyfloridian

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 24 2012, 01:29 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ May 24 2012, 11:51 AM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 24 2012, 12:43 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ May 23 2012, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ May 23 2012, 04:09 PM)
They will have Unfunny videos before, during and after the show

What!?! You are kidding me.

Your going to tell me you thought the vid's they had for the R30 and S&A tours were funny ?

The contrary is certainly not true. Other than Alex, Ged and Neil are droll. Seeing them both lighten up, especially Neil, made me laugh out loud.

I did not mind the TM vids but Doug and Bob need a slap

I agree with The Larger Bowl one not being that great.

I was watching the S&A DVD the other day...and remembered how unfunny it really was. Not my favourite moment...and also, it really has nothing to do with the song content.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 24 2012, 12:32 PM)

Your going to tell me you thought the vid's they had for the R30 and S&A tours were funny ?

The contrary is certainly not true. Other than Alex, Ged and Neil are droll. Seeing them both lighten up, especially Neil, made me laugh out loud.

I was watching the S&A DVD the other day...and remembered how unfunny it really was. Not my favourite moment...and also, it really has nothing to do with the song content.

So Cheesy and so unfunny

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ May 24 2012, 12:32 PM)

It tickled me when I first saw it. It might have had something to do with it being my first Rush concert.

I will agree that not all of the videos are funny. But they at least amuse me slightly sometimes.

I can take them or leave them, but the only one that's really made me LOL was the South Park one. Even now, the "riding on a raft with a black guy!" line and the "I'm Geddy Lee and I'll sing whatever I want!" lines make me chuckle.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 24 2012, 01:37 PM)
I can take them or leave them, but the only one that's really made me LOL was the South Park one. Even now, the "riding on a raft with a black guy!" line and the "I'm Geddy Lee and I'll sing whatever I want!" lines make me chuckle.

I don't know the Outtake with the "Real Fans" from I love you man was pretty funny! The South Park Intro ahs been the best intro so far through! I also liked the asian sounding intro to Distant Early Warning on the GUP Tour! I wish they make more like those!

cool.gif

I don't know the Outtake with the "Real Fans" from I love you man was pretty funny! The South Park Intro has been the best intro so far through! I also liked the asian sounding intro to Distant Early Warning on the GUP Tour! The Ones with Jerry Stiller were funny as well! Not so long! I wish they make more like those!

cool.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (OGr8imL84AD8inF8sBlackSedan @ May 23 2012, 04:53 PM)
Lawrence Welk won't be conducting the orchestra.

That the audience will have committed the faux pas of failing to wear tuxes and white gloves and forgetting to bring jars of Grey Poupon to properly enjoy with the highbrow entertainment.

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 24 2012, 11:43 AM)

I take it you didn't like the videos.

You'd be in the minority, at least at the shows I went to.

But nothing tops That Darn Dragon.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ May 24 2012, 05:27 PM)

I don't know the Outtake with the "Real Fans" from I love you man was pretty funny! The South Park Intro has been the best intro so far through! I also liked the asian sounding intro to Distant Early Warning on the GUP Tour! The Ones with Jerry Stiller were funny as well! Not so long! I wish they make more like those!

cool.gif

South Park was Okay.

But That Darn Dragon... come on! It was classic!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ May 23 2012, 06:14 PM)
QUOTE (ThinkingBig @ May 23 2012, 04:41 PM)
Some fans will never be happy no matter how much money and time RUSH puts into creating a unique rock show experience.

As long as I'm paying $300 for me and my wife to attend, I'm not going to pretend that "you'll get what you get and like it" is the proper philosophy to adopt.

(And that's just the tickets - there's travel costs, dinner out that night, and other expenses involved.)

[edited to add - that's not to say I'm someone who's never happy. I have the time of my life at every show. But I reserve the right to criticize the band for things I disagree with.]

at what point did someone hold a gun to your head to go?

never?

thought so.