What song from Test for Echo

losingit2k

What song from T4E would you want Rush to Play on CA tour?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What song from T4E would you want Rush to Play on CA tour?

• Test For Echo
    • Driven
    • Half The World
    • The Colour of Right
    • Time and Motion
    • Todem
    • Dog Years
    • Virtuality
    • Resist
    • Limbo
    • Carve away the Stone

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preferably none of the above, but I wouldn't mind Driven. The live versions of that tune are great. It'd also be cool to hear Carve Away The Stone but I'm pretty sure the rest of the audience would storm the stage with pitchforks if they busted that one out.

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ May 14 2012, 09:21 PM)
Preferably none of the above, but I wouldn't mind Driven. The live versions of that tune are great. It'd also be cool to hear Carve Away The Stone but I'm pretty sure the rest of the audience would storm the stage with pitchforks if they busted that one out.

You got that right!

1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

1287.gif 1287.gif : 1287.gif 1287.gif 1287.gif

Edited by losingit2k

I was one of the fortunate ones to hear Time & Motion played at the start of the tour before they dropped it after a couple weeks. My vote goes to the title track since they had the cool stage effect of having satellite's set up at the back of the stage with lasers shooting out of them. If they play the title track again they need to bring back that effect.

One of my favorite Rush songs... The Color of Right.

I'd be cool with hearing a lot of these tunes, though... Driven, Carve Away the Stone, Time and Motion, Totem, Virtuality (fat chance!). I do not want to hear Resist, however.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 14 2012, 09:29 PM)
I was one of the fortunate ones to hear Time & Motion played at the start of the tour before they dropped it after a couple weeks. My vote goes to the title track since they had the cool stage effect of having satellite's set up at the back of the stage with lasers shooting out of them. If they play the title track again they need to bring back that effect.

They might have lasers and the intro movie, but unless they can make the Satelite dishes part of the CA stage I don't think they'd have those!

Personally I think the song would be enough!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ May 14 2012, 09:34 PM)
Time and Motion, for sure!

Well thinking about what we've heard from CA so far, Time and Motion would probably be the closest sounding song from T4E followed by Driven.

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

QUOTE (Cyclonus X-1 @ May 14 2012, 09:31 PM)
One of my favorite Rush songs... The Color of Right.

I'd be cool with hearing a lot of these tunes, though... Driven, Carve Away the Stone, Time and Motion, Totem, Virtuality (fat chance!). I do not want to hear Resist, however.

The Color of Right is one of my faves too, and it's my clear choice for this poll. But I'd also love Carve Away the Stone. Geddy's voice is pretty mellow/midrange throughout this album, so it probably wouldn't be much of a stretch for him.

Test for Echo was the first Rush song I really loved and even today it still sounds so unlike other Rush material.. I'd love to hear that one live.

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ May 15 2012, 09:12 AM)
I voted for Dog Years simply because I don't like any one song off this album particularly much, but watching them play Dog Years would make my life complete just to see everyones faces! laugh.gif laugh.gif

Pretty sure you win this thread.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 15 2012, 09:50 AM)
Any of them would be fine with me cool.gif

Exceeeeeeeept Dog Years...

QUOTE (Khan @ May 15 2012, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ May 15 2012, 09:50 AM)
Any of them would be fine with me  cool.gif

Exceeeeeeeept Dog Years...

Honestly, I don't care. If they pick one, I would be fine. I didn't much like Stick It Out live (again), I would have liked to see something else off of CP, but hey - it's Rush. I love Dog Years... minus the lyrics, but the song is very fun.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ May 14 2012, 09:29 PM)

Perhaps they could borrow these?