Blackmore's Night

Knowing very little about the band, I bought Ritchie Blackmore's renaissance rock/folk band's two most recent CD's, Secret Voyage and Autumn Sky, and I LIKE it! 1022.gif I knew what kind of music it was, but I didn't know any of the songs. IMPRESSIVE. Some tunes are more folk/easy listening than others, but there are some really good jams.

GOOD STUFF.... new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

http://www.durchdeswelt.de/wp_old/blackmores_night_pic_1.jpg

http://darkerthanblue.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/blackmores-night.jpg

QUOTE (Wartypig @ May 7 2012, 10:54 PM)
Saw/photographed them last year and they were superb....A solid three hour show ..... Highly recommended

Hey! At least one other member here likes the band! 1022.gif 1022.gif

I wish they would tour more in the USA. I'd go see them in a heartbeat. They seem to prefer playing in Germany. I guess I'll have to go there..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 8 2012, 05:45 AM)
Nothing against this band, it just pains me that one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time would rather do this f***ing castle music.

Nothing against you, but I think the real pain is that of people selfishly expecting famous musicians to play only one type of music forever and ever. It seems to me that Blackmore and other great guitarists are musicians before anything else. They don't have to obey anyone's demand to play "metal" 24/7.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 8 2012, 06:55 AM)
QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 8 2012, 05:45 AM)
Nothing against this band, it just pains me that one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time would rather do this f***ing castle music.

Nothing against you, but I think the real pain is that of people selfishly expecting famous musicians to play only one type of music forever and ever. It seems to me that Blackmore and other great guitarists are musicians before anything else. They don't have to obey anyone's demand to play "metal" 24/7.

I agree with Storm Shadow. I'd MUCH rather see Blackmore playing his electric guitar.

Blackmore should have more respect for his rock and roll roots. Not necessarily play metal 24/7, but he completely renegades his past, doesn't even want to autograph Deep Purple albums anymore, and has nothing but complaints about his former bandmates.

As for Blackmore's Night, I've heard it but didn't like it...

QUOTE (RodrigoAltaf @ May 8 2012, 08:12 AM)
Blackmore should have more respect for his rock and roll roots. Not necessarily play metal 24/7, but he completely renegades his past, doesn't even want to autograph Deep Purple albums anymore, and has nothing but complaints about his former bandmates.

Blackmore is doing exactly what he should be doing - whatever he wants. He is not beholding to ANYONE. If certain selfish fans don't like what he's playing now, they can suck on it. They have no right to criticize any musician for playing whatever he wants.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 8 2012, 11:06 AM)

Blackmore is doing exactly what he should be doing - whatever he wants. He is not beholding to ANYONE. If certain selfish fans don't like what he's playing now, they can suck on it. They have no right to criticize any musician for playing whatever he wants.

I'm not saying he should play this or that, but at least acknowledge the fans and the band that gave him the freedom to do whatever he wants to do today.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 8 2012, 12:06 PM)

You're taking it a little too seriously. I just wish the guy would also play some metal again. That's all. Sorry, my lord.

*Puts on ruffle shirt and breeches and prances out of this thread*

I will say this, his wife is smokin biggrin.gif . I wish he would have did one more tour with Rainbow while Dio was still alive, i know they hated each other but as a fan it would have been great to see

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ May 8 2012, 12:32 PM)
*Puts on ruffle shirt and breeches and prances out of this thread*

This made me laugh out loud z7shysterical.gif

My name is Enigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die....

I think that it is fine that he is doing what he wants and that he doesn't play metal anymore. I don't care for it, but what for what it is, he does a good job. From 67-92 he was one of my favorite guitarists. Still love to pull out Burn, Stormbringer, and Fireball...In Rock still gives me chills.

Rainbow was a great band as well. I love the Dio era and have a special place for the JLT era as well. Stone Cold...Street of Dreams...

What is with the look though? I thought the Puritan look of the 70s was kind of strange but this Mandy Patankin look is really over the top...

QUOTE (metaldad @ May 8 2012, 02:39 PM)
I will say this, his  wife is smokin biggrin.gif  . I wish he would have did one more tour with Rainbow while Dio was still alive, i know they hated each other but as a fan it would have been great to see

I feel like I either heard or read that before RJD died there was some discussion about a Rainbow reunion of sorts, but I'm not sure if Blackmore or his son was going to be involved. I too would have loved to hear the Rising lineup (sans Cozy, RIP) play together live.

QUOTE (Wartypig @ May 8 2012, 01:15 PM)
The guitar work on this is excellent if you give it a chance ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMepth3J0zc

Locked Within The Crystal Ball - I listen to it every single day. All eight minutes of it. The video is a bit on the cheap side, but the song is brilliant...... 1022.gif

QUOTE (micgtr71 @ May 8 2012, 02:32 PM)

I think that it is fine that he is doing what he wants and that he doesn't play metal anymore. I don't care for it, but what for what it is, he does a good job. From 67-92 he was one of my favorite guitarists. Still love to pull out Burn, Stormbringer, and Fireball...In Rock still gives me chills.

Rainbow was a great band as well. I love the Dio era and have a special place for the JLT era as well. Stone Cold...Street of Dreams...

I'm with you, I love everything Blackmore did through the DP and Rainbow years, one of my fave guitarists. I haven't heard any of this new stuff he's doing, except for a few small samples, so I can't judge it one way or the other. I'd probably like it a little but not enough to go out and buy it.

If this is what Ritchie wants to do, then I don't begrudge him for it. In the end ya gotta make yourself happy. I have numerous Deep Purple and Rainbow albums and tons of bootlegs to make me happy, so if he never picks up an electric guitar ever again, it doesn't bother me.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ May 8 2012, 11:06 AM)

Blackmore is doing exactly what he should be doing - whatever he wants. He is not beholding to ANYONE.

This ^

And it applies to every artist.