Roadrunner UK shut down.

Tony R

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Apr 27 2012, 01:58 AM)
this barely has anything to do with the new album, this belongs more so in mots, you *derogatory name* *derogatory name* *derogatory name*

Nobody goes there, so he put it wherever he wanted. So there.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Apr 27 2012, 03:59 AM)
this barely has anything to do with the new album, this belongs more so in mots, you *derogatory name* *derogatory name* *derogatory name*

Your mother goes there!! And I better mention something about a basement and and an obsession with Star Trek! So there! 1287.gif

And to stick on topic, I do not think that Rush would be affected by this as they are one of the larger bands on RR... If anything, I would think they would get shuffled to another one of Warner's labels.

The other bands without the same kind of notoriety might fall through the cracks though.

I didn't see Rush or Clockwork Angels mentioned in this story. This is the Clockwork Angels subforum, but hey, that's cool. I got no problem with that. Don't want no trouble smile.gif

It's a sad story. Pretty damn shitty. Really sorry to hear about this, and I'm sure Rush isn't pleased.

I love how he blames piracy for the whole thing but then the article goes on to say that a festival was canceled due to low ticket sales.

Roadrunner [uK], a rock and metal label, is shut down due to low sales of their artists. The rock and metal festival is canceled due to non-interest. How about, instead of the piracy boogeyman, maybe, just MAYBE, nobody in the UK is all that interested in rock and metal right now? Could that POSSIBLY be it?

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 27 2012, 07:55 AM)
I love how he blames piracy for the whole thing but then the article goes on to say that a festival was canceled due to low ticket sales.

Roadrunner [uK], a rock and metal label, is shut down due to low sales of their artists. The rock and metal festival is canceled due to non-interest. How about, instead of the piracy boogeyman, maybe, just MAYBE, nobody in the UK is all that interested in rock and metal right now? Could that POSSIBLY be it?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slow down there, tiger. Don't go bringing facts and logic into this.

Back when I was in highschool (many, many years ago), somebody in my class would by a new cassette tape and then copy it about 6-8 times to hand it out to others. (Everybody I knew had a double cassette deck stereo. I wonder what those were designed for, RIAA.) And, everybody made mix tapes like nobody's business. I don't remember bands complaining about that. Because their music was being heard, and that was what mattered.

If you make good music, people will want to hear it. And, they'll pay a reasonable amount to hear it. CD's staying at the $15 price point for such a ridiculously long time also had a huge impact on declining sales, but none of the artists that care so much about the record label employees ever seem to bring that up.

Matt is very scared that his shit band won't have a label come wed . Take it to the bank , his band along with the likes of Ratt will be dumped faster than a hooker with 2 dicks . Rush, Kiss , Skipknot and bands of that nature will stick around until the office is shut for good . No band , including Rush , can be happy about this

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 27 2012, 05:30 AM)
I didn't see Rush or Clockwork Angels mentioned in this story. This is the Clockwork Angels subforum, but hey, that's cool. I got no problem with that. Don't want no trouble smile.gif

It's a sad story. Pretty damn shitty. Really sorry to hear about this, and I'm sure Rush isn't pleased.

Well the subtitle under the thread title is "will this affect the release of CA". So even if the article doesn't address it, the poster is asking us to consider the notion in our discussion. That pretty much makes it relevant to the forum. biggrin.gif

I dont understand why people think the deal with RoadRunner comes as a surprise to anybody... it began in 2006.

RUSH knew full well that WMG was taking over well before signing on. The '06 deal gave WMG some 73% of RR stock, making them a subsidiary of WMG. The deal to purchase the remaining shares was completed in '10.

Lets not forget, RUSH has been with WMG since Presto. Atlantic is also a WMG company. The move to RR was nothing more than fitting the band with the best promotional machine within the parent company.

Relax, this will have zero impact on RUSH.

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 27 2012, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 27 2012, 05:30 AM)
I didn't see Rush or Clockwork Angels mentioned in this story. This is the Clockwork Angels subforum, but hey, that's cool. I got no problem with that. Don't want no trouble  smile.gif

Well the subtitle under the thread title is "will this affect the release of CA". So even if the article doesn't address it, the poster is asking us to consider the notion in our discussion. That pretty much makes it relevant to the forum. biggrin.gif

I see. So any topic that may be vaguely related to Rush, I can start that topic here.. such as about the working conditions at the cd pressing plant that is producing Clockwork Angels, as long as I ask if this may affect the release of CA.. or something similar?

Err.. I don't want any trouble man. Be cool man. Everybody just cool out!

rofl3.gif

Is every thread Tony starts going to get the same responses? Come on - Tony is Tony. His "angry" reactions (compared to the rest of a civilized society) are really his "mildly irritated" reactions, so take it with a grain of salt.

When he says "Go jump off a bridge you f***ing piece of shit idiot." He really means "Interesting point, I don't quite agree... but let's agree to disagree"

If anyone ever has questions, let me know. I only charge $5 an hour for translation services.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 27 2012, 04:02 AM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Apr 27 2012, 03:59 AM)

Your mother goes there!! And I better mention something about a basement and and an obsession with Star Trek! So there! 1287.gif

LOL!. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

This is the funniest thing you have posted yet!!! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 27 2012, 03:10 PM)
Is every thread Tony starts going to get the same responses? Come on - Tony is Tony. His "angry" reactions (compared to the rest of a civilized society) are really his "mildly irritated" reactions, so take it with a grain of salt.

When he says "Go jump off a bridge you f***ing piece of shit idiot." He really means "Interesting point, I don't quite agree... but let's agree to disagree"

If anyone ever has questions, let me know. I only charge $5 an hour for translation services.

Thanks mother.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 27 2012, 09:13 AM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 27 2012, 03:10 PM)

Thanks mother.

z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 27 2012, 06:31 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Apr 27 2012, 10:10 AM)

laugh.gif

So true.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/gifs/1282045979_girl-in-mirror.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 27 2012, 01:11 PM)

laugh.gif

So true.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/gifs/1282045979_girl-in-mirror.gif

That's scary!!

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 27 2012, 02:11 PM)

laugh.gif

So true.

unsure.gif