Off topic... Fans of Horror movies

druid13

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 26 2012, 10:31 PM)
Tony is right about the off-topic posting, but he's going way overboard with the namecalling. Calling druid "retarded" and "stupid" and going ballistic at him was completely unnecessary given the nature of the crime. Tony, despite your rep as a smartass, your posting in this thread is way beneath you.

Druid is a guy we've banned a couple of times. Just noticed the connection to the other two accounts. Posting an off-topic thread isn't banworthy by itself, but his history of being a banworthy person is a different story.

It's not beneath me at all. He's a f***ing idiot and whatever else I said. Call a spade a spade where entitlement is concerned.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 05:37 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 26 2012, 10:23 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 02:36 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 26 2012, 08:31 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 26 2012, 08:16 PM)
yeah it's usually those that have to toss around stuff like "Attention Whore" who have the actual problem they diagnose to begin with...

Congrats on your provocative post.
eh.gif

No, you posted about a horror movie in a forum dedicated to the Rush album Clockwork Angels.

Are you stupid?

I post a post marked Off Topic...if it bothered you so much, don't read it....

better yet who is stupid that they read the words "Off Topic" and not understand what they mean?

Bonus point in your provocation by using the word "retard" though.

Have not heard that since 5th grade.

So how do your carers refer to you now?

Mentally-challenged? Entitled pipsqueak? Attention Whore, what?

Well, THIS carer calls her mentally retarded, autistic son "Stephen," because that's his name.

Call me overly PC. Call me being a "Rush board thread nazi." I don't care.

But this kind of trivial shit, this throwing around of the words "retarded," "mentally challenged," etc. as convenient, ready-made insults just drives me over the edge.

It makes me sick to see intelligent people act so stupidly.

I'm not going to get in a discussion about "that" here. however:

Using those terms pejoratively, I'm not sure you can set yourself up as arbiter of this.

And yes, I've read every entry in your wonderful, informative, heart-rending blog. (I'm not being sarcastic, I think it's fantastic)

No matter how you want to dissect this, you went way overboard at someone for posting an off-topic thread. It's that simple. Throwing in "retarded" and similar insults just made it worse.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ Apr 26 2012, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 03:52 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 26 2012, 09:49 PM)
Yeah, well the dude did say that it was off topic...but Tony is right, it should be moved, but it was completely unnecessary for him to be that way to druid13. Just say that it needed to be moved. No point being a tool and calling him an attention whore or a retard...it only adds insult to injury.

I'm not being a "tool" sonny. I'm pointing out that some entitled prick has started a thread where it shouldn't be because he's a puerile attention whore.

It's not a capital offence but his lack of awareness should be.

I agree that the thread should be in the other area but I think the way your handling the situation is just as bad. In fact I would say the way you're laying into druid with insults just screams "attention seeker" - I don't see anyone else making such a big deal out of it. And then to go and actually call him an "attention-seeking whore"? That's irony if ever I saw it. This isn't intended as a personal attack, it's just the way I'm seeing it.

Well given that he's a "known" troll, I get to say, ya boo to you! tongue.gif

wink.gif

And guess who's feeding him? wink.gif

QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ Apr 26 2012, 10:39 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (Drummerrobin @ Apr 26 2012, 10:36 PM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 26 2012, 09:49 PM)
Yeah, well the dude did say that it was off topic...but Tony is right, it should be moved, but it was completely unnecessary for him to be that way to druid13. Just say that it needed to be moved. No point being a tool and calling him an attention whore or a retard...it only adds insult to injury.

I'm not being a "tool" sonny. I'm pointing out that some entitled prick has started a thread where it shouldn't be because he's a puerile attention whore.

It's not a capital offence but his lack of awareness should be.

I agree that the thread should be in the other area but I think the way your handling the situation is just as bad. In fact I would say the way you're laying into druid with insults just screams "attention seeker" - I don't see anyone else making such a big deal out of it. And then to go and actually call him an "attention-seeking whore"? That's irony if ever I saw it. This isn't intended as a personal attack, it's just the way I'm seeing it.

Well given that he's a "known" troll, I get to say, ya boo to you! tongue.gif

wink.gif

And guess who's feeding him? wink.gif

<<sigh>>

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 08:04 PM)
Isn't there a forum for off-topic discussion?

Oh yeah. It's called "anywhere but the main Rush forum".

Here's my opening gambit.

Entitlement boy decided not to do the decent thing. I acted accordingly.

ph34r.gif

And here's druid's idiotic reply:

QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 26 2012, 03:06 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 02:04 PM)

Come on Tony...no one is there. This is the hot spot and I wanted to share with fellow Rush fans....

Jeeezzz....

"No one is there"? facepalm.gif

No one is arguing about druid being a troll here, and his overall posting habits along with his history of being banned twice just got him banned again. But Tony, I stand by my (and GG's) assessment that you went overboard here.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 26 2012, 10:47 PM)

Come on Tony...no one is there. This is the hot spot and I wanted to share with fellow Rush fans....

Jeeezzz....

No one is arguing about druid being a troll here, and his overall posting habits along with his history of being banned twice just got him banned again. But Tony, I stand by my (and GG's) assessment that you went overboard here.

I hope no "idiots" were offended by your post.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 05:52 PM)

Jeeezzz....

I didn't call druid an idiot. I said his reply was "idiotic." Which is was. Not the same as namecalling, is it... wink.gif

Jeeezzz....

I was not offended so you can rest easy. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 26 2012, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE (rummut71 @ Apr 26 2012, 05:56 PM)
So... This thread is not getting moved then?

It will, eventually. Probably closed, too. It's a rather useless thread, isn't it?

You'd be busy closing a shit ton of threads if that was the criteria! trink39.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 26 2012, 10:55 PM)

Jeeezzz....

I didn't call druid an idiot. I said his reply was "idiotic." Which is was. Not the same as namecalling, is it... wink.gif

Err yes it is.

You said his post had the hallmarks of an idiot, that is what "idiotic" means. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Apr 26 2012, 05:58 PM)

It will, eventually. Probably closed, too. It's a rather useless thread, isn't it?

You'd be busy closing a shit ton of threads if that was the criteria! trink39.gif

The CA forum has its share of redundant threads, but none of those contain the sheer uselessness of this one.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 05:59 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 26 2012, 10:55 PM)

Jeeezzz....

Err yes it is.

You said his post had the hallmarks of an idiot, that is what "idiotic" means. tongue.gif

Err, no it isn't. Non-idiots can make idiotic comments.

We can do this all day! I'd rather not.

You and I have had our share of disagreements over the years. Sometimes you've proven me wrong, sometimes I've proven you wrong. I steadfastly maintain that you went overboard in this thread, whether you want to admit it or not.

I'll let you get the last word in, then we'll be done here. Have a nice night, Tony.

Edited by 1-0-0-1-0-0-1

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 11:36 AM)
yeah it's usually those that have to toss around stuff like "Attention Whore" who have the actual problem they diagnose to begin with...

eh.gif

No, you posted about a horror movie in a forum dedicated to the Rush album Clockwork Angels.

Are you stupid?

better yet who is stupid that they read the words "Off Topic" and not understand what they mean?

I can't decide who I should side with here, you both fail so much.

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Apr 26 2012, 03:08 PM)

eh.gif

Are you stupid?

tons o fail going on here but it was an interesting diversion.

I wish 73 could tell us who Druids alts were smile.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 26 2012, 04:01 PM)

The CA forum has its share of redundant threads, but none of those contain the sheer uselessness of this one.

I can remember a couple that you closed that were high value... People all complaining about too many Headlong Flight threads and stuff. There are way more now! bolt.gif

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Apr 26 2012, 12:49 PM)

Well, you certainly put it better than I.

The young prophet.

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Apr 26 2012, 06:13 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Apr 26 2012, 04:01 PM)

I can remember a couple that you closed that were high value... People all complaining about too many Headlong Flight threads and stuff. There are way more now! bolt.gif

And that's when I posted that cute little Suggestions thread pinned atop this forum, which not everybody has read, obviously.

It gets to the point where you can't monitor every thread. But imagine what it will be like in here the day the album comes out. Yikes.

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 26 2012, 12:52 PM)
QUOTE (druid13 @ Apr 26 2012, 02:31 PM)

eh.gif

Are you stupid?

Forunately you caught Tony in a good mood. He's usually not this jovial. Makes my eyes mist with joy seeing Tony be so compassionate to another human being. Usually he's a right bastard.

z7shysterical.gif

You should see him when he's upset.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Apr 26 2012, 06:10 PM)
QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Apr 26 2012, 03:08 PM)

eh.gif

Are you stupid?

tons o fail going on here but it was an interesting diversion.

I wish 73 could tell us who Druids alts were smile.gif

Druid's first two accounts were low-profile. Nobody anyone would remember, nobody who has been missed.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 04:37 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Apr 26 2012, 10:23 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Apr 26 2012, 02:36 PM)

eh.gif

Are you stupid?

Well, THIS carer calls her mentally retarded, autistic son "Stephen," because that's his name.

Call me overly PC. Call me being a "Rush board thread nazi." I don't care.

But this kind of trivial shit, this throwing around of the words "retarded," "mentally challenged," etc. as convenient, ready-made insults just drives me over the edge.

It makes me sick to see intelligent people act so stupidly.

I'm not going to get in a discussion about "that" here. however:

Using those terms pejoratively, I'm not sure you can set yourself up as arbiter of this.

And yes, I've read every entry in your wonderful, informative, heart-rending blog. (I'm not being sarcastic, I think it's fantastic)

Yeah, I suppose considering pejorative use should ease my distaste, but funnily enough it just doesn't. I'm just THAT sensitive.

I wasn't setting myself up as an arbiter. I was expressing my opinion.

Thank you, sincerely, for reading my blog. Not many people do.

Despite being in the wrong spot I did find this video quite amusing. Only in Japan fo sho!

Oh and for the record, if someone makes a mistake and posts something in the wrong spot, they can always learn from that and become better. When someone is a weapons grade asshole however, it tends to stick with them for life.

applaudit.gif