pre-sale ticket advice

MJH

I am going to the Buffalo show oct 26th.I always hear about pre-sale ticket offers.what is the best way to get good seats? thanks,

MJH

Over on Rush.com there's a mailing list you can sign up for at the bottom of the page after the tour dates are listed. Once you subscribe to that it'll mail you any presale info. With most presale's you usually get a "secret password" mailed to you a day or two before it starts. When the presale starts there will be a box for you to type it into on the page where you purchase the tickets and you'll be good to go.

Hopefully that explination made sense to you. See you at the Buffalo show trink39.gif

Yeah, i also was wondering about the pre-sales. I signed up for the news letter and it said it had emailed me something but there's nothing there. confused13.gif

Because tickets go on sale really soon, a little more than a week, I'm kinda worried I'm going to miss the pre-sale...

Has anyone else gotten pre-sale emails yet?

QUOTE (Yokkov @ Apr 19 2012, 04:46 PM)
Yeah, i also was wondering about the pre-sales. I signed up for the news letter and it said it had emailed me something but there's nothing there. confused13.gif

Because tickets go on sale really soon, a little more than a week, I'm kinda worried I'm going to miss the pre-sale...

You won't get an e-mail until next week when tickets start going on sale. The presale usually starts two or three days before the general on sale date. I would expect an e-mail sometime early next week.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 19 2012, 06:00 PM)
QUOTE (Yokkov @ Apr 19 2012, 04:46 PM)
Yeah, i also was wondering about the pre-sales.  I signed up for the news letter and it said it had emailed me something but there's nothing there.  confused13.gif

You won't get an e-mail until next week when tickets start going on sale. The presale usually starts two or three days before the general on sale date. I would expect an e-mail sometime early next week.

I hope so ohmy.gif Pre-sale will it get me better seats?

It's true that presales don't always garuntee you the best seats but it at least makes sure you get seats in the event the show might sell out when they go on sale to the public.

I know that a lot of venues give you the "choose your own seats" option now. If they offer that than the presale will work when it comes to getting the best seats. Unfortunately, i've never seen an arena use that option. I've only seen it with amphitheaters.

It's a crap shoot really. I've heard and experienced good seats via pre sales. I've heard bad stories too.

Best way to get the BEST tickets? Brokers -which is not cool and pricey pricey pricey.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 19 2012, 07:45 PM)
It's a crap shoot really.  I've heard and experienced good seats via pre sales.  I've heard bad stories too.

Best way to get the BEST tickets?  Brokers -which is not cool and pricey pricey pricey.

and, for real primo seats, risky if its electronic delivery. edit: meaning stubhub, razorgator, ticketliquidator. but they do often have AWESOME seats if you have the scratch to pay.

Edited by lerxt1990

Ever since you could buy tickets on the internet, I've never had good seats to a Rush show. I've done fan pre-sales, credit card pre-sales, and regular sales. 50th row is probably the best I've ever gotten. Every time, I am clicking for tickets within a few seconds of when the 'buy tickets' button becomes available.

I have also tried the methods of refusing seats and trying again (have gotten closer to the stage but never real close).

I guess I am just unlucky. Ironically, I have gotten great seats for other bands on the net.

The only thing I haven't done is waiting until the day before or the day of the show to try to get those great seats that were returned/become available.

I will rant about the 'good old days' again. I miss camping out for tickets. On Presto tour, I had 2nd row and 7th row. For RTB, I had 5th row. HYF was GA, so I had a great spot for that as well. Plus, you didn't spend more than $25 a ticket. Other than the time I won great tickets from a radio contest, I've had shitty seats every show since.

I think I'm going VIP this time. With my luck, I'm sure I will be row 14 or 15.

trink39.gif Thanks so much for the advice everyone!! I have seen them

every tour since m.p. 81...never really had good seats before,but still

super pumped!! can't wait!!

Pre-sale suck . They don't get you better seats 90% of the time

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 19 2012, 07:53 PM)
I've gotten front row from Music Today a couple of times and within the first 5 rows several times.

But it is luck of the draw..
I've also been shut out.. *shrugs*

I'm unfamiliar with Music Today. confused13.gif I tried going to the website (musictoday.com), but I was sent a Ticketmaster merchandise page.

What's it all about? confused13.gif confused13.gif

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 20 2012, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 19 2012, 07:53 PM)
I've gotten front row from Music Today a couple of times and within the first 5 rows several times.

But it is luck of the draw..
I've also been shut out.. *shrugs*

I'm unfamiliar with Music Today. confused13.gif I tried going to the website (musictoday.com), but I was sent a Ticketmaster merchandise page.

What's it all about? confused13.gif confused13.gif

Music Today pre-sales are the worst . Plus it takes them months to send your tickets

My advice would be (with apologies to Douglas Adams) Don't Panic! Last Rush show in Salt Lake City, I didn't like the seats in the presales and refused to pay the VIP extortion prices but checked the venue website a couple of times a week all the way to the concert. About three weeks before the concert, I got seventh row center (non-VIP and better than many seats I had seen under VIP). For Alanis Morrisette I saw front row tickets mysteriously become available on the venue website the week of the show while my wife got 5th row when she went to the venue box office the minute sales opened up. A few weeks ago Dead Can Dance ticket sales started and I got 4th row center much later in the afternoon on the first day, which were by far the best seats that I had seen to that point.

Obviously this is something of a crapshoot but the point is don't accept a seat you don't like because it's in the presale or you are worried about the show selling out. Think of it like a greedy businessman, anyone buying in the presale is a rabid fan and will probably go to the show no matter what seats they get. It makes financial sense to give those people bad seats and to save the good seats for casual people who might be more enticed to go to a show if they had great seats. Evil but that's the way the world works nowadays.

Edited by Apollo