Headlong Flight Announced to be played!

losingit2k

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Apr 17 2012, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 16 2012, 10:59 AM)
RIAB UPDATE - 4/16@11:59AM: Reader ianian65 mentions in the comments that Darren Reddick from UK digital radio station Planet Rock has just announced on air that he will be playing the world's first exclusive hearing of Headlong Flight at approximagely 2:12PM (9:12AM EST) on April 19th.

Sweet, they have an internet link you can hear it on!

http://www.planetrock.com/on-air/

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

This will be the best Rick roll ever...

rofl3.gif rofl3.gif

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those in the Philly area, I saw that WMMR 93.3 will be playing it Thurs, but no time was mentioned. I wrote their music director and got a reply right back:

"All I know is we get it tomorrow. I will follow up with my Roadrunner rep today and get an exact time and post it on wmmr.com. I hope it is 9AM so Preston can debut it. If not I am sure Pierre will do just as good if it is 2PM. I know 9AM record companies like cause L.A. will get it 6AM. Song is great, reminded me of something off of "Counterparts" very rock."

I'll check back in when I get the time. I'll have to go to my car during work to listen. Web police filter heavily, and I couldn't jam there anyway. Needs to be listened to on a good system. And, if Counterparts wasn't mentioned, there ya go. I think we've heard it sounds like just about every Rush album by now tongue.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 18 2012, 05:36 AM)
Those in the Philly area, I saw that WMMR 93.3 will be playing it Thurs, but no time was mentioned. I wrote their music director and got a reply right back:

"All I know is we get it tomorrow. I will follow up with my Roadrunner rep today and get an exact time and post it on wmmr.com. I hope it is 9AM so Preston can debut it. If not I am sure Pierre will do just as good if it is 2PM. I know 9AM record companies like cause L.A. will get it 6AM. Song is great, reminded me of something off of "Counterparts" very rock."

I'll check back in when I get the time. I'll have to go to my car during work to listen. Web police filter heavily, and I couldn't jam there anyway. Needs to be listened to on a good system. And, if Counterparts wasn't mentioned, there ya go. I think we've heard it sounds like just about every Rush album by now tongue.gif laugh.gif

wmmr.com has updated, says "hear the full song Thurs morning with Preston & Steve". They are MMR's excellent morning show and Preston is a huge Rush fan so this is great. I'll check my email when I get home to see if I got an exact time, but looks like around 9AM EST tomorrow on MMR. And of course, you can listen live on your fancy thinking boxes smile.gif

Of course we all want to hear this as soon as possible on the radio but it seems a certainty that it will be all over the web shortly afterwards anyway, if you can't hear the radio broadcast I doubt you'll have to wait long to find it elsewhere. I'm really excited that evidently the full 7:20 version will be available for download before long, too. No matter what I think of the new song it just won't be a fair impression with 2 to 2 1/2 minutes cut out. That's a lot.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 18 2012, 12:55 PM)
Yeah... um... I'm not sure this thread really matters anymore tongue.gif LOL

Just thinking the same thing! rofl3.gif

QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 18 2012, 12:53 PM)
OK, I played the whole song on the radio from the Rolling Stone stream this afternoon starting at 12:14 PM. What radio station played it earlier than me???

No station (including yours) has reported it via yes.com

Probably because nobody has it properly tagged.

If you're playing a stream I would imagine yes.com cant identify it.

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 18 2012, 12:18 PM)
QUOTE (Cygnus The God Of Balance @ Apr 18 2012, 12:53 PM)
OK, I played the whole song on the radio from the Rolling Stone stream this afternoon starting at 12:14 PM.  What radio station played it earlier than me???

No station (including yours) has reported it via yes.com

Probably because nobody has it properly tagged.

If you're playing a stream I would imagine yes.com cant identify it.

I did play it directly from the stream this afternoon. I was a little nervous, because there were a couple of hiccups at the beginning when I started to play it on the air.

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Apr 19 2012, 07:10 AM)
According to the Planet Rock website, they played the album version of HF at 1pm UK time (about 10 mins ago at the time of writing). Another kick in the teeth for the DJ who had the "world premiere"!

Yeah I saw that, I don't think he'd be playing it again 1 hour and 12 minutes later!

no.gif