All of this hype about HF

gedfan

Anybody else have that sinking feeling that all the hype, and then the delay before the release, is going to backfire? sad.gif

I feel like the tweets got everyone pumped/excited...and now the delay has everyone really itching to hear this new awesome tune (supposedly)...but I am now fearing that it won't nearly live up to the hype... unsure.gif

This isn't to say that I think HF won't be a good tune, just that expectations are high on all levels and now the song has a lot more to live up to it might not have had otherwise. confused13.gif

It is going to be awesome but Roadrunner needs to quit jerking around the fans. Rush fans are loyal and will buy it regardless. Screw the hype and let us hear the friggin song. An official update now and again wouldn't hurt as well. I don't like the way all of this is being handled being that they know we have been waiting for two years for this release.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 10 2012, 07:17 PM)
It is going to be awesome but Roadrunner needs to quit jerking around the fans. Rush fans are loyal and will buy it regardless. Screw the hype and let us hear the friggin song. An official update now and again wouldn't hurt as well. I don't like the way all of this is being handled being that they know we have been waiting for two years for this release.

We have. 99% of Rush fans (hardcore and casual) don't check sites and forums. So pretty much everything that Roadrunner has done is fine, people here just get frustrated because they've tracked every single move and it seems like they're jerking us around, when really we're over analyzing their every move.

meh...probably will not have heard it by this time tommorow....I just have a feeling...people will be more frustrated by 9 pm Wed..... schla03.gif

QUOTE (Gilbertk @ Apr 10 2012, 04:41 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 10 2012, 07:17 PM)

We have. 99% of Rush fans (hardcore and casual) don't check sites and forums. So pretty much everything that Roadrunner has done is fine, people here just get frustrated because they've tracked every single move and it seems like they're jerking us around, when really we're over analyzing their every move.

goodpost.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (gedfan @ Apr 10 2012, 06:59 PM)
Anybody else have that sinking feeling that all the hype, and then the delay before the release, is going to backfire? sad.gif

I feel like the tweets got everyone pumped/excited...and now the delay has everyone really itching to hear this new awesome tune (supposedly)...but I am now fearing that it won't nearly live up to the hype... unsure.gif

This isn't to say that I think HF won't be a good tune, just that expectations are high on all levels and now the song has a lot more to live up to it might not have had otherwise. confused13.gif

This is pretty much always the case with me. Remember how hyped up One Little Victory was after we all thought the band was finished? Turned out I really hate that song.

4 years later Far Cry was being hyped up here forever, turns out I didnt like that one too much either.

Few years later, Caravan being hyped to death here. Dont like it very much. Although that also came out with BU2B which I do like, so it's a split there.

Bottom line is hype like this rarely works out too well for me with Rush. Seems every time I get convinced before I hear the song that its going to be incredible, and it usually ends up bad or just average at best, nothing mind blowingly amazing in many years. I guess the last single that was hyped up a lot that I ended up really loving was Dreamline. Kind of a while ago.

I'm not sure if it will backfire. Then again, i'm not reading all these threads that are devoted to the new album and single because I just don't think there's much to talk about yet since the new single hasn't been released.

I'm actually not even that excited and i'm blown away by how many threads there are about this considering we've got so little to go on. When I hear the new song, then it will be time for me to talk about it.

Edited by J2112YYZ

If the music fails to be at least average, I anticipate some pretty irritable fans.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Apr 10 2012, 06:38 PM)
Anybody else have that sinking feeling that all the hype, and then the delay before the release, is going to backfire?  sad.gif

This isn't to say that I think HF won't be a good tune, just that expectations are high on all levels and now the song has a lot more to live up to it might not have had otherwise.  confused13.gif

If the music fails to be at least average, I anticipate some pretty irritable fans.

Maybe,

But life goes on and you get over it. biggrin.gif

What hype? There's been some rumors posted on RIAB, and a few tweets from a handful of people who previewed it. That's not much. Most of the hype is here on this forum.

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 10 2012, 10:07 PM)
What hype? There's been some rumors posted on RIAB, and a few tweets from a handful of people who previewed it. That's not much. Most of the hype is here on this forum.

Speculation and hype are the fun things about a new record getting ready to hit, 1022.gif Just wait til we actually HEAR the freakin song. This board will be lit up like a Christmas tree. Funny thing is......I can almost predict right now which members will like it and which won't. yes.gif