Would you approve of this setlist?

Does anyone really want to hear Radio as the first song agian ? btw, i like the list but not in a million years do we get anything like that Edited by metaldad

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Apr 6 2012, 04:13 PM)
The entire Signals tour setlist + Clockwork Angels section?

SET 1
The Spirit Of Radio
Tom Sawyer
Freewill
Digital Man
Subdivisions
Vital Signs
The Camera Eye
Closer To The Heart
Chemistry
The Analog Kid
Broon's Bane/The Trees
Red Barchetta

SET 2
Clockwork Angels section (7 to 8 songs)
Drum Solo
The Weapon
New World Man
Limelight
Countdown

ENCORE (medley)
2112 Overture/The Temples Of Syrinx
Xanadu
La Villa Strangiato
In The Mood
YYZ

Sorry, can't say I'm a much of a fan of this setlist. Too similar to the last couple of tours imo. I'd at least want to see some material from PoW/HYF era. And Jacob's Ladder would always be welcome smile.gif

They darn well better play some songs from Power Windows! Big Money or Mystic Rhythms would complete my life! common001.gif

QUOTE (CrossedSignals @ Apr 9 2012, 06:41 PM)
They darn well better play some songs from Power Windows! Big Money or Mystic Rhythms would complete my life!  common001.gif

Would love to see either of those two, but I'd REALLY want the band to play Grand Designs, Middletown Dreams or Emotion Detector more than those two, especially Middletown Dreams.

Edited by PolarizeMe

I'd really like to hear Vapor Trail (the song) on the upcoming tour.... that'd be neat. smile.gif

It's hard to believe they haven't played that one live....

Edited by CrossedSignals

An early prediction.

SET 1

2112 Overture/Temples

Far Cry

Dreamline

Clockwork Angels song

New Instrumental

Clockwork Angels song

Middletown Dreams

(short Signals 30th anniversary video)

Subdivisions

The Analog Kid

The Weapon

New World Man

Countdown (with amazing video footage and killer light show)

SET 2

About 40-minutes of Clockwork Angels

Tom Sawyer

The Enemy Within

Drum Solo

Acoustic interlude

The Trees

Jacob's Ladder

Freewill

The Spirit of Radio

Encore:

Hemispheres Prelude

Xanadu (full)

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2012, 03:49 PM)
Does anyone really want to hear Radio as the first song agian ? btw, i like the list but not in a million years do we get anything like that

Honestly, I'd rather they just leave out Radio altogether.

Will it happen? No. But I'd love for them to shelve it.

As for these setlists...I really don't understand how anyone can be pulling for any or all of CA to be played??

We haven't heard any of it yet. I think the first thing you want to do is actually LISTEN to the album first before deciding which songs you'd like to see on tour.

Don't get me wrong...I anticipate loving the album too. But what if you dislike the album...would you really want to hear it??

To me, it goes like this. I want to hear songs that I LOVE...especially some songs that I've never seen live (seeing Marathon and Presto are great examples). I remember going to see Joe Satriani a few years back, and was so disappointed because he had played like 9 out of 13 songs off the new album. The album was good...but too many of those tracks caused other songs that I would rather hear to be pushed aside.

Rush's catalog is simply too vast to spend so much time on one album.

This is all just my opinion of course.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Apr 10 2012, 12:27 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 9 2012, 03:49 PM)
Does anyone really want to hear Radio as the first song agian ?  btw, i like the list but not in a million years do we get anything like that

Honestly, I'd rather they just leave out Radio altogether.

Will it happen? No. But I'd love for them to shelve it.

As for these setlists...I really don't understand how anyone can be pulling for any or all of CA to be played??

We haven't heard any of it yet. I think the first thing you want to do is actually LISTEN to the album first before deciding which songs you'd like to see on tour.

Don't get me wrong...I anticipate loving the album too. But what if you dislike the album...would you really want to hear it??

To me, it goes like this. I want to hear songs that I LOVE...especially some songs that I've never seen live (seeing Marathon and Presto are great examples). I remember going to see Joe Satriani a few years back, and was so disappointed because he had played like 9 out of 13 songs off the new album. The album was good...but too many of those tracks caused other songs that I would rather hear to be pushed aside.

Rush's catalog is simply too vast to spend so much time on one album.

This is all just my opinion of course.

I'm guessing what they might play, not what I want them to play.

But I would rather them shelve most (or all) of Moving Pictures over The Spirit of Radio. Spirit is just too much of a high energy song that gets the audience really going.

QUOTE (GangsterOnBoats @ Apr 6 2012, 05:41 PM)
Although I love Signals more than 2112, and would love for them to play that as a full album, I would much rather them play the entirety of this new album. I think pulling apart a concept record that they put so much time into would not be a good way to set off on this tour.

it depends on how the new album sounds. if it's sucks like s & a, limit the number of new songs.

I'm hoping for about half of Signals, some non-suite CA songs in the first set, the suite in the second set, and the rest mixed up. I have too many latter-day songs I want included (for example, Cut To The Chase) to be happy with mostly Signals-era and CA, even though Signals is my third favorite album, and I want the Weapon all kinds of badly.

I think they should ease into the set with something smooth like Rivendell....it would be better than Dreamline...I liked Big Money as an opener, though it is dated now. If I could choose the opener, it would be Animate. I always thought that would be a good tune to open with.

I tried to make the most REALISTIC setlist I could. I've made some notes on the bottom. Please bear with me

-Set I-

Limelight

The Big Money

Driven

YYZ

Manhattan Project

Subdivisions

The Analog Kid

Chemistry

Digital Man

The Weapon

New World Man

Losing It

Countdown

-Intermission-

Caravan

BU2B

Clockwork Angels

The Anarchist

Carnies

Halo Effect

Seven Cities of Gold

The Wreckers

Headlong Flight

BU2B2

Wish Them Well

The Garden

Between the Wheels

Bravado

Closer to the Heart

-Encore-

Tom Sawyer

The Spirit of Radio

OK. Notes

1) I think it may be too early to have a definitive setlist because we haven't heard any of the new songs yet. It may make sense to split them up or it may make sense to keep them all together. These setlists are similar to all the mock drafts I read for the NFL Draft. There are SO many of those floating around.

2) We're all slowly finding out that the artwork that has been going around is legit. Therefore, I think Signals will be played in its entirety.

3) Two albums in one show? Sure. Pink Floyd did it in the Seventies on their Animals tour (their shows were only two hours long). While it may sound like a drag, it's Rush- we're blessed were seeing them two years before a 40th anniversary.

4) Signals makes sense for a few reasons:

a) 30 years theme (R30 tour, Moving Pictures during the TMT)

cool.gif To those who think the band will never play an album that has nothing to do with their new album: Watch/listen to the PULSE DVD by Pink Floyd. They played a good chunk of their Division Bell stuff while playing all of Dark Side of the Moon.

c) For this section, we have to assume the orchestra is part of the concert. If not, Losing It gets tossed, and the whole Signals theme might just be a 4 or 5 songs from the album.

5) To be honest, the Time Machine Tour setlist was hardly exciting IMHO compared to the S&A tour setlist. S&A was A LOT of older stuff mixed in with the S&A theme. We have to remember that the boys are supporting a new album and don't have to make this a greatest hits tour. I feel like R30 could fall into the same category as TMT because it was too similar to the VT setlist.

6) For the songs that are not on Signals and CA:

a) For this section, again, we have to assume the orchestra is involved.

cool.gif Utilizing the orchestra for the songs an actual orchestra was present on makes more than enough sense. That's why Manhattan Project was included.

c) I feel as though (and you may not agree) the band is going to play a few more synth tunes this tour, only because of

1) The bands heavier sound of recent years meshes SO WELL with the keyboard era. The mix of the two eras is literally a joyous sound to hear (Marathon on TMT was EPIC)

2) The orchestra can take care of some of the synth parts, which will please Geddy, as he can move around more; and Alex, who,yes, can move around more.

d) Driven? Yes, Driven. They haven't played anything from T4E with the full band for ten years. You may not like it, but its time.

e) I included Between the Wheels and Bravado because they were left off of the TMT (as Neil reported in his new DVD).

f) Okay, No drum solo? I'm probably wrong with that assumption. I tried to fit as much music into 160 mintues as I could. The set rounds out to around 2 hours and 40 minutes, keeping in line with the past few tours.

g) Nothing from Hemispheres and only 1 song from Permanent Waves. Geddy is 58, and will be 59 when the tour starts. Can he still sing The Trees? I'd love to hear it, but I just have a hunch we won't hear it. The boys also only took one song from PW on the R30 tour, so it's not unprecedented.

h) I tried to place songs in here that are right in Geddy's wheelhouse.

i) Manhattan Project will be that surprise song on the tour. Could it be Middletown Dreams, Prime Mover? Maybe, but I doubt it. I'd rather be proven wrong on this.

OK, that's it!

Edited by Joesaracer

QUOTE (Joesaracer @ Apr 14 2012, 06:55 PM)
I tried to make the most REALISTIC setlist I could. I've made some notes on the bottom. Please bear with me

I don't know how much of it will pan out (I'm still not sold on the "all of Signals" idea) but you get major props for putting some thought into the list instead of just picking your favorite obscure songs like everyone else does.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Apr 14 2012, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (Joesaracer @ Apr 14 2012, 06:55 PM)

I don't know how much of it will pan out (I'm still not sold on the "all of Signals" idea) but you get major props for putting some thought into the list instead of just picking your favorite obscure songs like everyone else does.

Thanks for the kind words.

I understand people's sentiments in regards to Signals being played/ not being played. I just hope people will realize that if they end up playing it, It will be a great experience no matter what. If they don't play it, there will be plenty of other songs that can fill up that space. It's a win-win for everyone. It shouldn't be divisive.

QUOTE (savagegrace26 @ Apr 10 2012, 12:22 PM)
An early prediction.

SET 1
2112 Overture/Temples
Far Cry
Dreamline
Clockwork Angels song
New Instrumental
Clockwork Angels song
Middletown Dreams
(short Signals 30th anniversary video)
Subdivisions
The Analog Kid
The Weapon
New World Man
Countdown (with amazing video footage and killer light show)

SET 2
About 40-minutes of Clockwork Angels
Tom Sawyer
The Enemy Within
Drum Solo
Acoustic interlude
The Trees
Jacob's Ladder
Freewill
The Spirit of Radio

Encore:
Hemispheres Prelude