Possible Headlong Flight Lyrics?

Nate1647

The lyrics will be the lyrics. I do wish that Geddy could find a way to get a decent vocal melody into some of them, at least.

In the end, as long as the music is solid with plenty of jams, that's all I really care about. 1022.gif

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 5 2012, 11:12 AM)
I cannot believe we've achieved the level of critiquing music and lyrics that we have not even heard yet! laugh.gif

I heard the upcoming tour really sucks ass, and that compared to Rush shows in the past, the playing is sloppy and emotionless. ph34r.gif

laugh.gif

No kidding eh? Leave it to Rush fans to criticize the stuff we know nothing about thus far.

Not including the actual length of wait times for this album, we've already seen some bitching about the following:

1) *Possible* Album cover

2) Other *possible* album art

3) *Possible* Lyrics

4) The title "Headlong Flight"

5) "Shoe-horned lyrics" (that we haven't heard yet)

6) People's opinions of what it sounds like (70's vs 80's vs 'blender')

wacko.gif

Pound of Obscure,

I beg to differ on your opinion of good songs. Some songs by any artist out there are immediately accessible and catchy right off the bat. Sometimes cuts that are often more complex and deep require multiple listens to understand and hear everything that is going on. My first listen of any new CD is just to give it a run through to let me hear it without analysis. Since it is new to me, I just take it in as a whole. Upon later listenings I am able to hear more of the individual instruments, rhythms and lyrics which begin to open up the song more to me. It really bothers me when people listen to any CD just one time and then make a full judgement on its quality at that point. Regardless, the new Rush will rock out and I can't wait to jam it out. 2.gif

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Apr 5 2012, 12:03 PM)
Should one have to listen over and over to "get" the song?

Having to do this usually means its not very good, but we love Rush, so we are determined to like it. Good songs don't require this.

Maybe this is why Rush gets no airplay of anything new since everybody  but us gave up on them after RTB.

I completely disagree. A lot of Rush song have been like this throughout their career and not every song hits you instantly like say, Tom Sawyer or Spirit of Radio. This isn't an indictment of the "quality" of songwriting.

There is a reason why such a small minority of their songs have become radio freindly"standards" while the vast majority of their catalogue has not.

Rush music is weird.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by eshine

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Apr 5 2012, 11:17 AM)
Pound of Obscure,

I beg to differ on your opinion of good songs. Some songs by any artist out there are immediately accessible and catchy right off the bat. Sometimes cuts that are often more complex and deep require multiple listens to understand and hear everything that is going on. My first listen of any new CD is just to give it a run through to let me hear it without analysis. Since it is new to me, I just take it in as a whole. Upon later listenings I am able to hear more of the individual instruments, rhythms and lyrics which begin to open up the song more to me. It really bothers me when people listen to any CD just one time and then make a full judgement on its quality at that point. Regardless, the new Rush will rock out and I can't wait to jam it out. 2.gif

Yep, I agree with this completely. Most of the songs I hear by any artist that I "get" on the first or second listen are the ones that get boring to me fast. Taking time to appreciate the song is not in any way the same as "trying to make yourself like it" in my experience. Hell, I'm still hearing things in songs that I've listened to for decades and finding new things in them.

QUOTE (vprtrls @ Apr 5 2012, 12:17 PM)
Pound of Obscure,

I don't disagree with any of that actually. More complex material typically requires that I think. Having said that I think a good song announces itself pretty quickly. If it take me too many listens to get it, as much of Rush has done of later years, I wonder if I really like it because it is great or because I really want to like it. Have I looked really hard to find something to appreciate in it, so I can say I like it?

People really need to calm down here. If some bozo who had heard HF said, "It's Hemispheres Part Deux!" I know for a fact that people would be like, "Yeah.... right. I'll believe THAT when I hear it."

But then someone says it reminds him of Caravan and people believe it right away and start slamming things and putting rolling eye smileys. Practically crapping themselves and believing one opinion over another. I mean, yeah, I would tend to agree that the song could sound a little more like Caravan than Hemispheres, but if you're going to pick and choose what to believe based on your own opinion of past songs, then you're not leaving yourself very open to hearing it in the first place.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Apr 5 2012, 10:50 AM)

The first people who gave short reviews said: #1--It sounds like 81-90 Rush with a lot of keyboards
#2 said: It sounds like 74-77 Rush.

Everyone is getting their panties in a wad over nothing tongue.gif Just be patient we'll all know and be able to judge for ourselves soon enough

how can one hear 74-77 and the other 81-90? confused13.gif they were two completely different era's.

QUOTE (likeclockwork @ Apr 5 2012, 08:52 AM)
1. Everyone has their own opinions and interpretations of what they hear.
2. Headlong Flight is part of the Clockwork Angels story.
3. Don't forget - the people posting about it have generally been radio or industry people (in coordination with a PR campaign), not the diehards who know the band inside and out and likely have different opinions.
4. I'd venture to say that the poster who mentioned hearing various songs and that it sounds like the 80s and whatever else didn't actually hear it.
5. If the lines I mentioned from Neil's post are in the song, then you know I've heard it. Ask him to quote a line.
6. I wouldn't say this is S&A Part 2 by any means. It rocks musically and has a lot more balls to it. It's just that, to me, it still seems like Neil now writes blog entries and novels that are sung as songs rather than songs that rhyme and have hooks and choruses etc. In that sense it reminds me of Caravan a lot. You all might feel differently.

All the journeys...

Where did you hear it? I'm still skeptical.

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Apr 5 2012, 01:42 PM)
He said it sounds Vapor Trails-y! That's gonna put a lot of people off before they hear it laugh.gif

I'm going in with an open mind, let's hope it lives up to the hype!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

He also compared it to at least three 70's/80's Rush songs. This is going to be bad a**. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Apr 5 2012, 02:42 PM)
He said it sounds Vapor Trails-y! That's gonna put a lot of people off before they hear it laugh.gif

I'm going in with an open mind, let's hope it lives up to the hype!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

I will listen with an open mind, regardless of my taste for VT. I really hope Alex solos a bunch, unlike VT.

Why sigh? Or maybe cry

This website I'm reading makes me want to move on

New song or maybe am I wrong

It's time that I hear it before I ramble on

Headlong Flight is all I hear

Change my plight again

Headlong Flight still in my ear

My iPod is searching but no song coming on

Sunrise, no new surprise

On Google this morning but no lyrics to surmise

In bed, the ramblings I dread

New RUSH we all seek but it's nowhere in sight

Change my plight again

My iPod is searching but no song for our fights.

Start a new topic

Find what we all want

It's coming any day

The change of a reviews

Enough of a preview

To send the fanboys off

Silent or verbose

The premiere is so close

Seven minutes tick away

Fleeing my homepage

Searching a new way

Another parody is all thats played

Change my plight again

Headlong flight still in my ear

My iPod is searching but no new song for this fight

QUOTE (Snaked @ Apr 5 2012, 02:26 PM)
Why sigh? Or maybe cry
This website I'm reading makes me want to move on
New song or maybe am I wrong
It's time that I hear it before I ramble on

Change my plight again
My iPod is searching but no song coming on

Sunrise, no new surprise
On Google this morning but no lyrics to surmise
In bed, the ramblings I dread
New RUSH we all seek but it's nowhere in sight

Change my plight again
My iPod is searching but no song for our fights.

Start a new topic
Find what we all want
It's coming any day
The change of a reviews
Enough of a preview
To send the fanboys off
Silent or verbose
The premiere is so close
Seven minutes tick away
Fleeing my homepage
Searching a new way
Another parody is all thats played

Change my plight again
Headlong flight still in my ear
My iPod is searching but no new song for this fight

Very Well done sir! It actually has that Neil Peart flow to it! Reminds me of Losing it!

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif 1287.gif trink39.gif