Where's the 1-minute tease

GeddyRulz

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Apr 5 2012, 03:07 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Apr 5 2012, 01:47 PM)
In case this hasn't been posted yet, from RIAB. This is a very active subforum!

UPDATE - 4/5@1:38PM: Here are some of DJ_Carter's comments regarding the radio-edit of Headlong Flight that he listened to:

... The opening chords sound almost EXACTLY like a heavier version of Bastille Day. ... There's some Bastille Day rhythms, a more raw guitar tone that sounds less polished and more Hemispheres-y, an absolutely bone-shattering drum break in the middle that sounds like a modern version of Neil's break in By-Tor, and some really audible and fun shifts in the structure of the song, a la the transitions in Natural Science. If I had to encapsulate the sound in just a few words, it would be Caress of Steel crossed with Vapor Trails. Headlong Flight doesn't feel as heavy as BU2B; it's very much Vapor Trails-y, but with much more tasty bass. Truly, the bass in this song is killer. I think we can count on seeing a lot more of the Leave That Thing Alone live solo stuff on this record. ... One thing that was really encouraging about this track was the fact that Neil's drumming was very fast in certain places. BU2B was ... heavy but plodding, not challenging or rhythmically complex. Headlong Flight is totally different. This is Neil at his best, and the break I mentioned earlier feels like his classic fills. There is indeed a guitar solo, towards the end of the track. But it's a solo in the sense that Alex's solo from Caravan was a solo. He's shredding, no doubt about it, but it isn't like a Freewill type of shredding that has a pattern and a resolution. Very frenetic and exciting, though! ...

1022.gif  trink38.gif  2.gif

I bet it sounds nothing like that...

tongue.gif laugh.gif

My thoughts exactly.

So... am I the only one, or is everyone else checking the "CA" sub-forum here at TRF daily, and checking RIAB several times a day, thinking there will be news that a 1-minute snippet or 2-minute snippet, or the entire radio version of the song may have been leaked?

These are the days when a Rush fan is smart to stay close to the computer and vigilant about checking his "sources."

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 9 2012, 03:46 PM)
So... am I the only one, or is everyone else checking the "CA" sub-forum here at TRF daily, and checking RIAB several times a day, thinking there will be news that a 1-minute snippet or 2-minute snippet, or the entire radio version of the song may have been leaked?

These are the days when a Rush fan is smart to stay close to the computer and vigilant about checking his "sources."

Me too

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 9 2012, 04:15 PM)
i heard they're going to give us a 5 second snippet in a few days and than add another 3 seconds to that snippet 2 weeks later. sarcasm.gif

No, no. They're going to have a listening brunch where they allow 11 people to hear 6 seconds of 2 of the new songs played through a Spanish translator machine, and then another 3 seconds delivered on 8 track to radio stations located in Antarctica.

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 9 2012, 05:12 PM)

Me too

. . . . me three wink.gif

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Apr 9 2012, 04:46 PM)

+1

QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Apr 9 2012, 09:22 PM)
Friggin' blimps.... comp26.gif

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k377/safetygirl2112/blimp.png

rofl3.gif I wish those friggin blimps would crash or something. At least THAT would be a change on the page. I think the Rush members forgot they have a website. yes.gif

I've not received anything yet here at the radio station. Let's not forget, the boys have a new record company this time around, so I'm sure Roadrunner will do things differently than Atlantic used to do, plus they'll handle the release exactly the way Rush wants it done.

Roadrunner is a pretty aggressive promoter, so it will be interesting to see how well they support Rush on what is technically the first album release under the new deal.

QUOTE (MUSICinTheABsTrAcT @ Apr 9 2012, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Apr 9 2012, 05:12 PM)

Me too

. . . . me three wink.gif

Quatro.. exacto

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 10 2012, 02:27 AM)
QUOTE (safetygirl2112 @ Apr 9 2012, 09:22 PM)
Friggin' blimps.... comp26.gif

rofl3.gif I wish those friggin blimps would crash or something. At least THAT would be a change on the page. I think the Rush members forgot they have a website. yes.gif

Pointed out over at RIAB, and seemed worth reposting here:

#89 - Posted 4/9/12 @8:59PM by Rushhead

If we depended on Rush.com for updates we would not know the following...

1. Headlong Flight even existed
2. the release date for Clockwork Angels
3. The fact that Clockwork Angels is finished being recorded
4. the 2012 tour
5. There was a listening party for CA
6. All the tidbits about CA from interviews from the band members. (how could that not be official?)
7. The fact that the Time Machine DVD was nominated at the Juno Awards

The list goes on.. I love what they do with Rush.com but DAMN can we at least get a little more info? the last time the site was updated was Feb 7th.

QUOTE (Rush-O-Matic @ Apr 10 2012, 07:31 AM)
#89 - Posted 4/9/12 @8:59PM by Rushhead

If we depended on Rush.com for updates we would not know the following...

1. Headlong Flight even existed
2. the release date for Clockwork Angels
3. The fact that Clockwork Angels is finished being recorded
4. the 2012 tour
5. There was a listening party for CA
6. All the tidbits about CA from interviews from the band members. (how could that not be official?)
7. The fact that the Time Machine DVD was nominated at the Juno Awards

The list goes on.. I love what they do with Rush.com but DAMN can we at least get a little more info? the last time the site was updated was Feb 7th.

goodpost.gif

This is a band which always embraced and rode the front edge of new technologies, yet they can't even maintain their website. What up wit' dat?

Absolutely unacceptable. Something "official" from them is long overdue.

I know most fans here probably don't care, but John Mayer's new album Born and Raised is due out on May 22nd, a supposed week before Rush's Clockwork Angels. His album is now up for pre-order today as well as t-shirts available featuring the new logo. The first single, Shadow Days, was put out on itunes over a month ago. So what's going on with Rush here? Are we even going to get this album on May 29th?