Headlong Flight

iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 01:36 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 30 2012, 10:28 PM)
QUOTE (ak2112 @ Mar 30 2012, 09:46 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 28 2012, 02:48 PM)
And over 7 minutes, too. Awesome.

Just because its over 7 minutes long doesnt mean its going to be a great or even good song. Remember, most of the songs on Vapor Trails were over 5 minutes....and almost every song on that album sucked ass. Lets hope the mew album is as melodic and awesome as Snakes and Arrows. Thats what I'm hoping for at least.

Speak for yourself. I like VT better than SnA.

I like getting the Flu more than i like S&A

rofl3.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif icon_really_happy_guy.gif

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 12:36 PM)

Just because its over 7 minutes long doesnt mean its going to be a great or even good song. Remember, most of the songs on Vapor Trails were over 5 minutes....and almost every song on that album sucked ass. Lets hope the mew album is as melodic and awesome as Snakes and Arrows. Thats what I'm hoping for at least.

that stretch of 5 consecutive tunes from s & a to start the second set on that tour, it felt like i was standing in place at a checkout line for an hour.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 2 2012, 02:46 PM)

that stretch of 5 consecutive tunes from s & a to start the second set on that tour, it felt like i was standing in place at a checkout line for an hour.

Splitters!

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 2 2012, 01:46 PM)

That was flat out painful and a very dumb idea

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 2 2012, 12:40 PM)
S&A rules!!!!! It's better than anything non-Rush to ever come out of the metal world.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 03:04 PM)

Thank all that is good it wasn't done for the VT tour or there would have been a mass exodus!

tongue.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 02:04 PM)

I remember well. As soon as they came out of that stretch and into Subdivisions I think it was the crowd suddenly came alive again. It was weird laugh.gif

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 2 2012, 02:10 PM)

I remember well. As soon as they came out of that stretch and into Subdivisions I think it was the crowd suddenly came alive again. It was weird laugh.gif

Everyone came running back from the bathroom laugh.gif

QUOTE (metaldad @ Apr 2 2012, 02:26 PM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 2 2012, 02:10 PM)

Everyone came running back from the bathroom laugh.gif

Well I for one was very happy with S & A second set, Basically cause I really liked S & A! I guess you just didn't like the Songs too much!

no.gif

QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 2 2012, 02:08 PM)

Thank all that is good it wasn't done for the VT tour or there would have been a mass exodus!

tongue.gif

Judging by this post and those like it, Rush is really nothing more than a nostalgia band that should be playing the county fair circuit.

If you want to hear Garden Road and Here Again, take a trip down the Airport Ramada Inn. I'm sure there's an awesome cover band playing. I, for one would rather hear Alex's Faithless solo then Subdivisions for the 3000th time. I suppose I'm in the minority, but when I cough up 150.00 to see Rush, I actually look forward to hearing new music.

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the Moving Pictures tour back in 81' but I'm sure there were fans totally distraught by the number of songs they played off of that HORRIBLE album! "F@#K Camera Eye, they should play Necromancer!"

Haters really do suck.

QUOTE (HigherWater @ Apr 2 2012, 04:34 PM)
QUOTE (Gompers @ Apr 2 2012, 02:08 PM)

tongue.gif

Judging by this post and those like it, Rush is really nothing more than a nostalgia band that should be playing the county fair circuit.

If you want to hear Garden Road and Here Again, take a trip down the Airport Ramada Inn. I'm sure there's an awesome cover band playing. I, for one would rather hear Alex's Faithless solo then Subdivisions for the 3000th time. I suppose I'm in the minority, but when I cough up 150.00 to see Rush, I actually look forward to hearing new music.

I didn't have the pleasure of seeing the Moving Pictures tour back in 81' but I'm sure there were fans totally distraught by the number of songs they played off of that HORRIBLE album! "F@#K Camera Eye, they should play Necromancer!"

Haters really do suck.

Well said.

Keep in mind that Clockwork Angels is a conceptual work, so it's very possible they may choose to play a good bit of it in one big block. Gonna be all pissed off about that?

What if all or most of CA is conceptual and they came out and played all of it as the 1st or 2nd set? Porcupine Tree played The Incident in its entirety from the start of each show on their last tour, so not completely unheard of.

No it was actually a great idea - I remember grinning ear to ear the entire time, knowing how pissed off some fans would be that Rush had the audacity to devote five consecutive songs to new material. It was ballsy and just shows that while they care about their fans, they are more interested in pleasing themselves rather then cater to people who aren't interested in their current work

And from what I recall, the tour did pretty well lol.

I hope they play Clockwork Angels in its entirety.

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 2 2012, 05:23 PM)

No it was actually a great idea - I remember grinning ear to ear the entire time, knowing how pissed off some fans would be that Rush had the audacity to devote five consecutive songs to new material. It was ballsy and just shows that while they care about their fans, they are more interested in pleasing themselves rather then cater to people who aren't interested in their current work

Watch out, man. You're not allowed to like newer Rush tunes laugh.gif

if the tour did really well it certainly wasn't because of the s & a material.

they might be more interested in pleasing themselves before the fans and that's ok, but we pay their salary. if they asked the crowd would you rather hear more of s & a or more of the past, a very high percentage would rather hear more from the past.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 2 2012, 05:26 PM)

I'll be happy to see the survey you did to prove this fact cool.gif

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Apr 2 2012, 05:30 PM)

that's just the general feeling i got from sitting in the 8th row and looking around at all the people who looked not very enthusiastic and even yawning during the s & a material.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 2 2012, 05:29 PM)
if they asked the crowd would you rather hear more of s & a or more of the past, a very high percentage would rather hear more from the past.

But they don't ask, do they?

Never have, never will.

Its astonishing to me that people still wihine about having to endure a lot of new material at a Rush show.

Uhm, Its a Rush show.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 2 2012, 05:35 PM)
QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Apr 2 2012, 05:30 PM)

that's just the general feeling i got from sitting in the 8th row and looking around at all the people who looked not very enthusiastic and even yawning during the s & a material.

That's fine, but that's not certainty, IMO.

S&A isn't my favourite Rush record by far, but if even one of those songs reaches someone in the crowd, then that's awesome.

Most of the songs on SnA don't jive with being good live songs. Slow tempos and lack of jam sections. If they play a lot of CA live I think they will go over much better because I think most of these songs will be built for live performance. The way Caravan and BU2B were received last tour kind of supports this. I think they are two of the better songs on the TM video and I have a feeling there will be even better live tracks coming from CA.

Right - and everyone hates Roll the Bones, despite the fact that it receives thunderous applause every time they play it.

No one is ever going to argue that the old standards don't get the audience more charged up then new material, but the new material is always well received and the band should be commended for always including fresh material in their set rather then resting on their laurels.

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 2 2012, 05:42 PM)
if they asked the crowd would you rather hear more of s & a or more of the past, a very high percentage would rather hear more from the past.

Never have, never will.

Its astonishing to me that people still wihine about having to endure a lot of new material at a Rush show.

Uhm, Its a Rush show.

yes they do and the crowd was yelling after the 2nd song to start the second set, please no more s & a!!!!!!!

QUOTE (eshine @ Apr 2 2012, 05:51 PM)

Right - and everyone hates Roll the Bones, despite the fact that it receives thunderous applause every time they play it.

No one is ever going to argue that the old standards don't get the audience more charged up then new material, but the new material is always well received and the band should be commended for always including fresh material in their set rather then resting on their laurels.

huh.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 2 2012, 05:52 PM)

Never have, never will.

Uhm, Its a Rush show.

yes they do and the crowd was yelling after the 2nd song to start the second set, please no more s & a!!!!!!!

I doubt this actually happened. Weren't you on a pee break then anyways?

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 2 2012, 05:52 PM)

Never have, never will.

Uhm, Its a Rush show.

Any Rush fan who openly yells for the band to not play any more new material deserves to have a shitty concert experience.