Headlong Flight

iluvgeddy05

QUOTE (anchorman @ Mar 30 2012, 10:25 AM)
rofl3.gif  My wife hates Rush. -- It's all about Geddy's voice.  The only song she can stomach is Time Stand Still.  She actually likes that one.  Figures.

I used to be a HUGE Rush fan and by most standards I probably still am.  But at least I've matured and become more objective.  Their music has been very average the last 20 years.    <--- Average by Rush standards.

Are you implying there is something wrong with Time Stands Still???

no.gif

Time Stands Still is one of Rush's best songs. Based on a like / dislike rating system (as vs. a creativity rating system) TSS is a top 10 song for me.

Yes you read that right, a top 10 song.

As I spend more time around this forum (and enjoy my time here!!) I am slowly starting to assemble my list of Rush sons in order of preference. One of these days I will figure out the entire thing and perhaps start a thread about it.

At this point I know my top 10 will include TSS. By the way, I am a guy.

I do agree that Rush's music over the last 20 years has not been great - by Rush standards. Very good at times with S & A and parts of Counterparts and T4E but not great.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 30 2012, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 30 2012, 08:48 PM)
Headlong Flight, is going to be a Headlong Epic and 20 days is going to be a Headlong time to wait!

I want it now!

drool1.gif

Someone doesnt know about torrent yet!

Oh I know about torrent, Has it Leaked?

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 30 2012, 08:58 PM)
Headlong Flight, is going to be a Headlong Epic and 20 days is going to be a Headlong time to wait!

I want it now!

drool1.gif

Not yet, but it sure as hell will before the official date.

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 30 2012, 09:01 PM)

I want it now!

drool1.gif

Thank God for those wonderful Pirates! I'm sure a link will show up here as well!

unsure.gif ph34r.gif cool.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 30 2012, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 30 2012, 09:01 PM)

I want it now!

drool1.gif

Thank God for those wonderful Pirates! I'm sure a link will show up here as well!

unsure.gif ph34r.gif cool.gif

No leak last time around. no.gif

Also be aware that the admins frown upon links to leaked material being posted here.* Thus concludes today's PSA.

*So just PM everyone. It should only take, oh, 6-7 hours. wink.gif

QUOTE (trenken @ Mar 30 2012, 08:01 PM)

I want it now!

drool1.gif

Possibly, I'd say the odds are no better than 50%. Trust me, being that I'm a big VH fan we just went through this same extreme anticipation of hearing something from the new album on the VH equivalent of this forum. There was at least the same level of confidence that the first single from the first VH album with David Lee Roth in nearly 30 years would leak way before the announced release date because there's no way it could be kept secret and it never did. The stories that came out afterwards that described the security around people with access to it was like something out of a James Bond movie.

Now, having said all that, I don't think we really know what the rules are regarding the new Rush song. I mean we don't actually have any official announcement about the single's release date nor do we know if the rumored April 19th date only applies to normal radio stations and such. It's possible that we'll all hear it online sooner at Rush.com or in some other way. But leaking unofficially through a torrent or something? The odds aren't very high I don't think.

Mara's right, Caravan and BU2B didn't leak before their June 1, release date.

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 30 2012, 09:12 PM)

I want it now!

drool1.gif

Possibly, I'd say the odds are no better than 50%. Trust me, being that I'm a big VH fan we just went through this same extreme anticipation of hearing something from the new album on the VH equivalent of this forum. There was at least the same level of confidence that the first single from the first VH album with David Lee Roth in nearly 30 years would leak way before the announced release date because there's no way it could be kept secret and it never did. The stories that came out afterwards that described the security around people with access to it was like something out of a James Bond movie.

Now, having said all that, I don't think we really know what the rules are regarding the new Rush song. I mean we don't actually have any official announcement about the single's release date nor do we know if the rumored April 19th date only applies to normal radio stations and such. It's possible that we'll all hear it online sooner at Rush.com or in some other way. But leaking unofficially through a torrent or something? The odds aren't very high I don't think.

30 Years between VH (Dave) songs? Has Every forgetten two little songs called:

"Me Wise Magic" and "You can't get this stuff anymore"?

confused13.gif

Why has VH ignored these two great songs?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 30 2012, 08:20 PM)

I want it now!

drool1.gif

confused13.gif

confused13.gif

Not at all and I love those songs, in fact, Me Wise Magic is one of my favorite VH songs period. That's why I carefully worded what I wrote to make it accurate:

...first single from the first VH album with David Lee Roth in nearly 30 years...

By the way, I responded to your question about the listening party over on RIAB. It looks like you're going back and forth just as much as I am looking for any scraps of info we can get! laugh.gif I want to hear the new stuff as much as anyone but you really have to appreciate the excitement leading up to all this. Even if CA is not the last Rush album it certainly could be and for the last several Rush albums I've really learned to enjoy the lead up as something special on its own. I've personally gone through this for roughly 30 years and I'm not looking forward to never experiencing it again. The anticipation is part of the fun, or should be at least. smile.gif

Edited by snowdog2112

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 30 2012, 09:37 PM)

I want it now!

drool1.gif

confused13.gif

confused13.gif

Not at all and I love those songs, in fact, Me Wise Magic is one of my favorite VH songs period. That's why I carefully worded what I wrote to make it accurate:

...first single from the first VH album with David Lee Roth in nearly 30 years...

I know those songs are great IMO. I wonder why they've ignor them live! Maybe Dave has a hard time reproducing them live? To tell you the truth I really expected to hear them when they reunited in 2007. But Nope!

confused13.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Mar 28 2012, 02:48 PM)
And over 7 minutes, too. Awesome.

Just because its over 7 minutes long doesnt mean its going to be a great or even good song. Remember, most of the songs on Vapor Trails were over 5 minutes....and almost every song on that album sucked ass. Lets hope the mew album is as melodic and awesome as Snakes and Arrows. Thats what I'm hoping for at least.

QUOTE (ak2112 @ Mar 30 2012, 09:46 PM)

Just because its over 7 minutes long doesnt mean its going to be a great or even good song. Remember, most of the songs on Vapor Trails were over 5 minutes....and almost every song on that album sucked ass. Lets hope the mew album is as melodic and awesome as Snakes and Arrows. Thats what I'm hoping for at least.

VT was bad because of the Mix, THE MIX!

beathorse.gif

I want it now!

drool1.gif

Woah there skippy!!!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 30 2012, 09:47 PM)

VT was bad because of the Mix, THE MIX!

beathorse.gif

The compression, THE COMPRESSION!

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 30 2012, 08:41 PM)

I want it now!

drool1.gif

confused13.gif

confused13.gif

I know those songs are great IMO. I wonder why they've ignor them live! Maybe Dave has a hard time reproducing them live? To tell you the truth I really expected to hear them when they reunited in 2007. But Nope!

confused13.gif

I can only guess that even though most VH fans love those songs they came during that weird "almost reunion" disaster with DLR in 1996 and maybe they just don't want to relive that. I don't know, it's just a guess. However, they've been going nuts on this tour pulling out rarities every few shows like Hear About It Later, Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High, The Full Bug, etc. They may still do one of them live before the tour is over.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 30 2012, 09:49 PM)

I want it now!

drool1.gif

confused13.gif

confused13.gif

confused13.gif

I can only guess that even though most VH fans love those songs they came during that weird "almost reunion" disaster with DLR in 1996 and maybe they just don't want to relive that. I don't know, it's just a guess. However, they've been going nuts on this tour pulling out rarities every few shows like Hear About It Later, Girl Gone Bad, Hang 'em High, The Full Bug, etc. They may still do one of them live before the tour is over.

Well their South Florida show is coming up on April 10th, They've had a long break since the last show to give Dave's voice a break. I hope they drag out either one and if they don't I hope they play "Girl Gone Bad"! My Favorite VH song!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Speak for yourself. I like VT better than SnA.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Mar 30 2012, 10:28 PM)

Speak for yourself. I like VT better than SnA.

VT had at least 6 good tracks on it:

One Little Victory

Earthshine

Secret Touch

Vapor Trails

Ghost Rider

Sweet Miracle

angry.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Mar 30 2012, 08:53 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Mar 30 2012, 09:49 PM)

I want it now!

drool1.gif

confused13.gif

confused13.gif

confused13.gif

Well their South Florida show is coming up on April 10th, They've had a long break since the last show to give Dave's voice a break. I hope they drag out either one and if they don't I hope they play "Girl Gone Bad"! My Favorite VH song!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

Possibly. Girl Gone Bad is a great song to me, too. During parts of the Diver Down tour they played a bit of it as an instrumental in the middle of Somebody Get Me a Doctor, you can see one example of that on the 1983 US Festival show. I love that. Of course, you probably already know that. smile.gif

And I hate to just quote myself but we were going so fast in our posts that by the time I went back and edited one of mine we were already on the next page so I don't know if you saw it. I'll just copy it again here:

By the way, I responded to your question about the listening party over on RIAB. It looks like you're going back and forth just as much as I am looking for any scraps of info we can get! I want to hear the new stuff as much as anyone but you really have to appreciate the excitement leading up to all this. Even if CA is not the last Rush album it certainly could be and for the last several Rush albums I've really learned to enjoy the lead up as something special on its own. I've personally gone through this for roughly 30 years and I'm not looking forward to never experiencing it again. The anticipation is part of the fun, or should be at least.

Quite frankly.. i'm tired of "comparisons" to the other albums. I mean, let's be honest. In the past 30 years, what album have you been able to compare with another album..? The great part about Rush is that they change it up through each album..

It's prolly not going to sound anything like P/G, Signals, PoW, HYF, Presto, RTB, CP, T4E, VT, or SnA..

It's going to be it's own type of "Rush" that "Half the World hates, and Half the world loves".. (hehe.) Don't sweat about how bad or good its going to be. It's going to be listenable, and most of the forum is going to argue about how good or bad it is.. for me, I'll love it. I know I will. But i know people are going to hate it.. It's as simple as that.