NBA..?

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jun 4 2012, 08:19 AM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Jun 3 2012, 01:36 AM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jun 2 2012, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ May 31 2012, 12:04 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ May 29 2012, 03:31 PM)
Short of Tim Duncan breaking his leg, nothing is going to stop the San Antonio Spurs from winning the NBA title this year. yes.gif

I hope so, cause the Heat will sweep the Celtics. Last nights Boston choke job was there last hurrah in this series to be competitive. Believe me I hope I'm wrong!!! wink.gif

There you go. You're wrong.

YEAH!!! And please Boston continue..... wink.gif

Far enough? Or do you want them to keep going?

wink.gif

......and going forward very well. The team appears to NEVER give up.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (g under p @ Jun 4 2012, 09:36 AM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jun 4 2012, 08:19 AM)
Short of Tim Duncan breaking his leg, nothing is going to stop the San Antonio Spurs from winning the NBA title this year. yes.gif

I hope so, cause the Heat will sweep the Celtics. Last nights Boston choke job was there last hurrah in this series to be competitive. Believe me I hope I'm wrong!!! wink.gif

wink.gif

......and going forward very well. The team appears to NEVER give up.

All "grit and balls," as Garnett says.

new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Go Celts take game 5 ! Held my breath that last shot by Wade.

I hope LeBron gives up on his team if things not going well like he did with us in that infamous game 5 at the Q against Boston 2010.

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jun 4 2012, 11:06 AM)
new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Go Celts take game 5 ! Held my breath that last shot by Wade.
I hope LeBron gives up on his team if things not going well like he did with us in that infamous game 5 at the Q against Boston 2010.

God he was bitching and bitching at the officiating last night. My dad and I both said "Just shut up and play!" about that time he fouled out.... moon.gif

QUOTE (softfilter @ Jun 4 2012, 12:06 PM)

trink39.gif

GO CELTICS!

yes.gif

Spurs on the brink of elimination as Thunder go into San Antonio and pull out a 108-103 win, despite trying to give the game away in the last two minutes.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 5 2012, 12:11 AM)
Spurs on the brink of elimination as Thunder go into San Antonio and pull out a 108-103 win, despite trying to give the game away in the last two minutes.

OKC....who knew they would get on top of the Spurs. Yeah, I don't see them getting one to force it to a game 7. Usually game 5 is a deciding game for the series which is why I am freaking out about tonight's game. The Heat have to take this one because there is no way they will take a game 6 in Boston. Go Heat!!!!

QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 5 2012, 08:01 AM)

OKC....who knew they would get on top of the Spurs. Yeah, I don't see them getting one to force it to a game 7. Usually game 5 is a deciding game for the series which is why I am freaking out about tonight's game. The Heat have to take this one because there is no way they will take a game 6 in Boston. Go Heat!!!!

The pressure is ramped up for both teams tonight. I'm not sure the Celtics can win a game 7 in Miami if they have to empty the tanks Thursday in Boston just to stay alive. If the Cs win tonight, I like their chances.

Someone on ESPN (I got this second hand, it was discussed this morning on Boston's 98.5 The Sports Hub) is apparently suggesting that if the Heat don't win this series, everyone but James will be available on the Heat. That seems crazy to me.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 5 2012, 10:23 PM)
Heat lose game 5 at home, 94-90.

cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif cheer.gif

2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif 2.gif

Yes! Celts one win away, Thunder one win away from putting away my two least favorite teams!

Heat turning cold...Go Celtics put Miami out!!! laugh.gif yes.gif Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jun 5 2012, 07:59 AM)
QUOTE (mazyyz @ Jun 5 2012, 08:01 AM)

The pressure is ramped up for both teams tonight. I'm not sure the Celtics can win a game 7 in Miami if they have to empty the tanks Thursday in Boston just to stay alive. If the Cs win tonight, I like their chances.

Someone on ESPN (I got this second hand, it was discussed this morning on Boston's 98.5 The Sports Hub) is apparently suggesting that if the Heat don't win this series, everyone but James will be available on the Heat. That seems crazy to me.

That's sort what they are saying on the radio down here in Florida. That the 3 are not compatable or compliment each other. They will look for a center or someone who can hold down the middle defensively and rebound. Hard to find a top notch center these days though.

Anyway the C's are a long way away from pulling down one more victory but it can be done.

GO CELTICS!

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jun 4 2012, 09:19 AM)

wink.gif

More?

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 6 2012, 10:13 AM)
San Antonio wins in OKC tonight....

Miami wins in Boston next.....

Game 7's for everyone! Just the way the NBA likes (needs?) it!

Spurs-Celtics in the Finals would have to be one of the oldest Finals ever (average age, of course.)

The Mavs were the oldest team last year and won, no reason these two can't make it. Sadly, I really think it'll be Thunder and Heat.. as much as i'd LOVE to see the Heat lose, they were in this situation against Indiana, and they turned it on and showed that they were the better team..

Or maybe they aren't the better team, and i'm all wrong. A definite possibility. tongue.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 6 2012, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Jun 6 2012, 10:13 AM)
San Antonio wins in OKC tonight....

Miami wins in Boston next.....

Game 7's for everyone!  Just the way the NBA likes (needs?) it!

Spurs-Celtics in the Finals would have to be one of the oldest Finals ever (average age, of course.)

The Mavs were the oldest team last year and won, no reason these two can't make it. Sadly, I really think it'll be Thunder and Heat.. as much as i'd LOVE to see the Heat lose, they were in this situation against Indiana, and they turned it on and showed that they were the better team..

Or maybe they aren't the better team, and i'm all wrong. A definite possibility. tongue.gif

The Heat are front runners, in that they're great when there's not much pressure on them, but as the pressure mounts, not so much. The Indiana series doesn't count in this regard, as being down 2-1 in a series is hardly remarkable, and they weren't facing elimination.

The Garden is one of the most intimidating places in which to play, and they can expect the crowd, and the Celtics, to be "fired" up tomorrow.

One other thing. Spoelstra doesn't belong in the same conversation with Rivers. That's a huge advantage for the Celtics.

Spoelstra may have Eric Estrada looks, but the guy can't coach. Even Mike Brown is better.

Rivers OTOH is one of the best coaches in the NBA right now. Personally, I LOVE the way both the Spurs and the Celtics play. It's the way the game is supposed to be.

As long as Miami is NOT the champion at the end, I'm good. And since LeBron continues to show he doesn't have change for a dollar, that seems a likely possibility.

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Jun 6 2012, 12:50 PM)
If they lose this series, he's out, Phil Jackson is in, and the Heat will reign for sure

I wouldn't be so sure of that.

IMO LeBron has yet to show that he responds to tough coaching. He's a selfish player, but he may mature when he realizes he's not getting that ring until he thinks of the team first.

LeBron would NEVER make it on the Spurs, for example.

Thunder take fourth straight over the Spurs to advance to the Finals, coming from 18 down.

They just interviewed the OKC owner, Clay Bennett. Wonder what the fans in Seattle were thinking at that moment...

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Jun 6 2012, 10:41 PM)
Thunder take fourth straight over the Spurs to advance to the Finals, coming from 18 down.

They just interviewed the OKC owner, Clay Bennett. Wonder what the fans in Seattle were thinking at that moment...

trink39.gif to any Thunder fans. Glad to see the EFFING Spurs gone. Now time for the celtics to take out the heat! 1287.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jun 7 2012, 04:27 PM)
My office is maybe 1 or 2 miles from the "Gahden." The green clad crowds are already filtering into the city.

Finish this now, please.

LeBron had other ideas, appaently, dropping 45 on the Celts.

What's with the DEVO glasses?

QUOTE (goose @ Jun 8 2012, 12:02 AM)
QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Jun 7 2012, 04:27 PM)
My office is maybe 1 or 2 miles from the "Gahden."  The green clad crowds are already filtering into the city.

Finish this now, please.

LeBron had other ideas, appaently, dropping 45 on the Celts.

What's with the DEVO glasses?

*Sigh* This is going to be a problem.

The glasses thing was discussed this morning on local sports talk radio. No one can figure out what this is all about.