Mad Men

Union 5-3992

Oh baby, I'm there. One of the COOLEST shows on TV, bar none.

My wife and I watched the final four eps from last season to reacquaint ourselves.

I didn't watch this show from the start, but caught on to what was being praised and was glad I did.

In addition to being a freakin' great show, there's simply Christina Hendricks. My word, that woman has got it ALL goin' on. I get dizzy with each second of screen time. biggrin.gif Sorry to sound like a 16 year old kid, but she's simply stunning. (Hey, at least my libido still works!)

Enjoy.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Apr 11 2012, 09:57 AM)
So...was I the only one fooled when Don killed Andrea?

possibly - I did think her entering the apartment at first was real, the way he kicked her out - but after that, it got a bit sketchy for me..

Other notes from the Mystery Date episode:

SO creepy to see the last scene with Sally under the couch - paralleled to the Chicago nurse murders (!)

I'm really liking Megan as a character, along with the relationship she has with Don and the dynamic of "older 1960s" meets "younger 1960s".

It's funny seeing Roger nearly powerless at SCDP - again, the over arching theme of "out with the old, in with the new".

Very glad Joan booted Greg's a$$! Though, if Kevin were really his child, I don't think she would have made that move as easily, if at all.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 12 2012, 11:57 AM)
SO creepy to see the last scene with Sally under the couch - paralleled to the Chicago nurse murders (!)

And with Don shoving Andrea's body under the bed in his dream.

Mad Men getting pretty dark there.

I have not had a chance to watch season 5 so far.

I thought seasons 1 and 2 were pretty good.

Season 3 really bogged down for me, it got to the point where I would fast forward through any Draper pillow-talk scenes. There was just no reason for me to become interested in the object of his latest conquest, the scenes really seemed to get to the point of just being filler. By the end of the season it picked up again nicely ending with a very good episode.

Season 4 was the best overall so far.

My favorite episode is "Suitcase". Although the episode was very simple. watching the 2 main characters reach a catharsis of sort was perfect.

The acting in this series is just phenomenal, there is no weak link that I can see.

Edited by burgeranacoke

What did you folks think of the Layne/Pete fight?? I almost died laughing at Pete trying to be all manly and Layne just wiping the floor with him.

So the LSD episode. Whoa. Watching the Roger/Jane scene was so wild, I felt like they did almost! So sad when they woke in the morning and Jane had no recollection of what she said.

I'm also glad when don chased Megan around the apartment it didn't turn into some s&m scene like last time. If those apartment walls could talk...

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 24 2012, 07:38 PM)
So the LSD episode.  Whoa.  Watching the Roger/Jane scene was so wild, I felt like they did almost!  So sad when they woke in the morning and Jane had no recollection of what she said.

I'm also glad when don chased Megan around the apartment it didn't turn into some s&m scene like last time.  If those apartment walls could talk...

And who else besides me thought that Don was on a raging bender when he called Peggy from the phonebooth?

Speaking of Peggy: I guess the remedy for a bad day is sparking up and giving a stranger a handjob at the movies...? Wow.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Apr 24 2012, 09:28 PM)
I've heard that there were hints that a main character will die this season. I feel we should have a dead pool going here. I'll put my money on Pete. He's getting more and more depressed and always speaks of this gun he has.

hmmm interesting point. He is certainly self-destructive in his pre-occupation with being "king" of his castle.

So after all the praise i've heard this show getting I finally got around the watching it. I haven't caught all the way up yet though, i'm currently at the begining of season 3 right now. It's a very good show and very different than stuff I usually watch. I like the throwback to the 60s and to get a glimps as to how different the world and the workplace was at that time. Does anyone know if they're exagerating when it comes to the amount of drinking they do in the office? If it was really like that back then I think I was born too late laugh.gif

I agree with Presto-digitation when it comes to Christina Hendricks. While I don't get dizzy when I see her, she is without a doubt a very sexy woman. January Jones has a real pretty face to but it's too bad her character is dumber than a box of hair and annoys the crap out of me. And I know that he cheats on his wife and stoled someone else's idendity but Don Draper is the effing man, he's just too cool to dislike.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 25 2012, 12:19 PM)
I've heard that there were hints that a main character will die this season. I feel we should have a dead pool going here. I'll put my money on Pete. He's getting more and more depressed and always speaks of this gun he has.

hmmm interesting point. He is certainly self-destructive in his pre-occupation with being "king" of his castle.

I wouldn't shed a tear if Pete went away, what a total jackass he is. He must bring in some serious business for them to put up with him. I'm glad Layne whipped his ass.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 12 2012, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Apr 25 2012, 12:19 PM)

I wouldn't shed a tear if Pete went away, what a total jackass he is. He must bring in some serious business for them to put up with him. I'm glad Layne whipped his ass.

I'm even more surprised that they put up with Sterling. He's a great character, but he and half of the partners do almost nothing for the business. Roger is desperate for work, Lane keeps talking about what a failure he is, Cooper is upset in the direction his business is going, yet doesn't really seem to do much either. Don & Pete seem to be pulling most of the weight.

And I love Don's transformation with his love for Megan. I and most others didn't expect it to work. They may have some trouble, but it seems he cares for her much more than Betty. He tells her everything about him, and he refused the urge to cheat on her. He has completely changed for her, and only comes off as more of a f***ing boss. 653.gif

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 28 2012, 10:48 AM)
What an episode last night, it'll end up a classic I think.

Pete Campbell is a slimeball to say the least...and Peggy...wow! Didn't see it coming.

Good for Peggy - no amount of money thrown at her (literally and otherwise) would keep her at SCDP - but I hope she is kept in the story lines!!

I used to think Pete was a sad troubled man - and still do - but my empathy for him went out the door this time. The fact that Joan did what she did though did surprise me a bit..

Favorite part of the episode? Seeing the scene of Don at Joan's apartment twice - before the pitch at Jaguar, and during. It was surreal and so carefully crafted.

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ May 30 2012, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ May 28 2012, 10:48 AM)
What an episode last night, it'll end up a classic I think.

Pete Campbell is a slimeball to say the least...and Peggy...wow! Didn't see it coming.

Good for Peggy - no amount of money thrown at her (literally and otherwise) would keep her at SCDP - but I hope she is kept in the story lines!!

I used to think Pete was a sad troubled man - and still do - but my empathy for him went out the door this time. The fact that Joan did what she did though did surprise me a bit..

Favorite part of the episode? Seeing the scene of Don at Joan's apartment twice - before the pitch at Jaguar, and during. It was surreal and so carefully crafted.

Yeah, good for Peggy and I really hope her story stays in the show.

I never had much empathy for Pete, from his attempted blackmail of Don to this he's always been a sneaky, greasy bastard.

I'm not surprised at Joan...she's a survivor and took advantage of the situation. Who I am a bit surprised at is Sterling given his feelings for Joan.