perhaps a time to calm down

druid13

QUOTE (Drewski @ Mar 15 2012, 02:09 PM)
Look at any fan message board of a band, comedian or TV show - all are the same when it comes to things like this. There are always complainers and fanboys and little in between. Fan boards attract complainers of new material so they can express their opinion and look for those who agree with them. People who are satisfied with new material don't come by as often because they're too busy enjoying the new stuff. It's the reason I'm an occasional message board lurker rather than poster.

And the people in between get branded fanboys or trolls by the extremes all too often...

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 15 2012, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Mar 15 2012, 12:36 PM)
If Clockwork Angels is as good as Snakes - I will be happy.

If CA is as "Good " as S&A , i will shoot myself in the F-n head

Don't do it!!!

How will we find the beer cooler tongue.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 15 2012, 09:23 AM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 15 2012, 10:40 AM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 14 2012, 04:44 PM)
Who gives a shit, it'll be dire. So relax and expect the worse. If the CD's not coaster fayre it'll be a bonus.
Not released a decent album for over a quarter of a century, why expect things to change?

<<crack!>>

Ok.

You should change your name to Ra-Ra For Rush but get this; Rush aren't reading these threads, they aren't according you mental brownie points nor planning to thank you on their next album. I can assure you that Peart would run a mile from you. If you love the post-Prog corporate Rock that Rush has been peddling for the last eon then good for you.

Bored of you trailing me round the forum like Captain Rush, honestly it's like being back at school.

Only you do this, get over yourself.

Over and out.

z7shysterical.gif spit6ph.gif laugh.gif rofl3.gif

"Trailing" you around? rofl3.gif z7shysterical.gif When I see a post by you in a thread I read and it's ridiculous, which most are, I comment on it. Just like you respond to ANY comments made by ANYONE that are made about new RUSH being good.

And if commenting simply "OK" to one of your absurd comments bothers you, then that just makes me so happy inside! And I could care less what you think my motivation is. I don't have to explain anything to anyone, especially you.

Nobody knows who I am so this notion that I think RUSH is going to "reward" me for expressing my HONEST opinion, then you are even more dense than I originally thought! yes.gif

So guess what? I don't care what you think about me or my comments or if you think I am "trailing" you around. But the fact that you think that is one of the funniest and most entertaining things you have EVER said! bekloppt.gif

The funny thing is, and where you and I differ is, if you make a comment and I see it and I agree, I sometimes will quote it and say "I agree". You on the other hand, don't have the ability to agree with someone who you dislike even if you do agree. You just aren't evolved enough. So sad. sad.gif I feel for you.

Edited for spelling...my last sentence said "I FELL for you" laugh.gif

Edited by Presto-a RUSH fan!

2.gif

All day

2.gif

All night .

And if they don't like it ?

I couldn't care less.

I'm enjoyin myself . . . .

Aint got no tiiiiiiiiime for the bullshit .

dazed025.gif Em!

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 15 2012, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 15 2012, 10:48 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 15 2012, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 15 2012, 08:23 AM)
Who gives a shit, it'll be dire. So relax and expect the worse. If the CD's not coaster fayre it'll be a bonus.
Not released a decent album for over a quarter of a century, why expect things to change?

<<crack!>>

Ok.

You should change your name to Ra-Ra For Rush but get this; Rush aren't reading these threads, they aren't according you mental brownie points nor planning to thank you on their next album. I can assure you that Peart would run a mile from you. If you love the post-Prog corporate Rock that Rush has been peddling for the last eon then good for you.

Bored of you trailing me round the forum like Captain Rush, honestly it's like being back at school.

Over and out.

laugh.gif All he said was ok. Pretty overboard reply. Clearly shows you post like you do for attention. tongue.gif

And you should change your name to Ra-Ra-For-Parf.

Seriously, you two should get a room...

Aw, do you feel neglected? I shall be your side for this one post. And in the spirit of name changing, I shall call you Britainy Spars. Okay, here goes..

"LEAVE BRITAINY ALONE. HE'S A HUMAN!!!"

trink39.gif

spit6ph.gif

How funny the guy who accuses me of "trailing" him around the forum seems to know that you and I agree more times than not...Hmmmm...wonder who's trailing who.

PS. Did you get those room reservations lined up like we chatted about the other night during our 4 hour phone call? laugh.gif

Mods:

Seems about time to lock this thread as it's definitely getting personal. I admittedly never should have responded in such a rude and personal way when I said "OK" to his comment. Sorry. oops.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 15 2012, 04:46 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 15 2012, 12:55 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ Mar 15 2012, 12:36 PM)
If Clockwork Angels is as good as Snakes - I will be happy.

If CA is as "Good " as S&A , i will shoot myself in the F-n head

Don't do it!!!

How will we find the beer cooler tongue.gif

There will be a Map , you all will get instructions as to who does what and where to go. That is all for now .

ph34r.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Mar 14 2012, 12:39 PM)
it wont be the best album ever because for the last 3 albums THE vital ingredient has been missing....M E L O D Y.

Rush biggest disapointments...snakes and arrows,test for echo and vapor trails....ALL WITH EXTRA FILLER sad.gif

Kid doesn't understand what melody is. Utter nincompoopery.

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 15 2012, 10:23 PM)

<<crack!>>

Ok.

Over and out.

http://www.morethings.com/fan/south_park/photo_gallery/eric-cartman-140.jpg

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Mar 17 2012, 04:49 AM)

<<crack!>>

Ok.

Over and out.

rofl3.gif

The part that gets me is being criticized for being a HUGE RUSH fan on a RUSH forum. If I was on the much heralded "ProgArchives" and I continually posted about how much I love RUSH, or if I was on the YES forum and did the same, I could get the criticism...MAYBE.

But criticizing someone for loving their favorite band on that bands forum? wtf.gif

The other thing that makes me scratch my head is why someone who thinks RUSH hasn't put out anything good in "a quarter of a century" continues to post on a RUSH forum. He has EVERY RIGHT to post on here and also has EVERY RIGHT to think that RUSH sucks for the last 25 years, but I don't get why he would waste his time posting about a band he hasn't liked for 25 of the 38 years they've been around. AND AGAIN...not saying he can't be a fan, post on this board, or have that opinion, just saying I don't get it. To each his own, I guess. confused13.gif

PS. If this hurts anyones wittle feewings, then I'm so sowwy! Again, it's probably just my "American" wit that isn't being understood. That or the fact that I like to "trail" certain members because I have nothing better to do. That reminds me, I have to go because I'm headed over to the the Kiss forum to tell them how all the albums after Love Gun suck and then personally insult anyone who takes issue with my "opinion"!

Sorry for beathorse.gif...actually no, I'm not. bolt.gif

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 17 2012, 10:47 AM)

<<crack!>>

Ok.

Over and out.

rofl3.gif

The part that gets me is being criticized for being a HUGE RUSH fan on a RUSH forum. If I was on the much heralded "ProgArchives" and I continually posted about how much I love RUSH, or if I was on the YES forum and did the same, I could get the criticism...MAYBE.

But criticizing someone for loving their favorite band on that bands forum? wtf.gif

The other thing that makes me scratch my head is why someone who thinks RUSH hasn't put out anything good in "a quarter of a century" continues to post on a RUSH forum. He has EVERY RIGHT to post on here and also has EVERY RIGHT to think that RUSH sucks for the last 25 years, but I don't get why he would waste his time posting about a band he hasn't liked for 25 of the 38 years they've been around. AND AGAIN...not saying he can't be a fan, post on this board, or have that opinion, just saying I don't get it. To each his own, I guess. confused13.gif

PS. If this hurts anyones wittle feewings, then I'm so sowwy! Again, it's probably just my "American" wit that isn't being understood. That or the fact that I like to "trail" certain members because I have nothing better to do. That reminds me, I have to go because I'm headed over to the the Kiss forum to tell them how all the albums after Love Gun suck and then personally insult anyone who takes issue with my "opinion"!

Probably the same reason I joined the Nickelback forum.

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 17 2012, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (ak2112 @ Mar 16 2012, 11:32 PM)
I'm looking forward to the new album, but I'm dreading that it will be another horribly mastered mess. Hope I'm wrong!

You should pray that will be the only thing wrong with it.

rofl3.gif laugh.gif z7shysterical.gif

QUOTE (An Enemy Without @ Mar 17 2012, 12:54 PM)
QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Mar 17 2012, 10:47 AM)

<<crack!>>

Ok.

Over and out.

rofl3.gif

Probably the same reason I joined the Nickelback forum.

Somehow, I believe you and that you're serious! tongue.gif wink.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (tel @ Mar 17 2012, 03:23 PM)
QUOTE (CruisingInPrimetime @ Mar 17 2012, 01:46 AM)
QUOTE (tel @ Mar 14 2012, 12:39 PM)
it wont be the best album ever because for the last 3 albums THE vital ingredient has been missing....M E L O D Y.

Rush biggest disapointments...snakes and arrows,test for echo and vapor trails....ALL WITH EXTRA FILLER sad.gif

Kid doesn't understand what melody is. Utter nincompoopery.

Could you be more patronising ?...kid? im fukcin 52 years old eyesre4.gif

laugh.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Mar 14 2012, 02:44 PM)

<<crack!>>

That's my thinking. Honestly, i don't even care that much. When it comes out I'll give it a listen and a fair chance though....