The Far Cry music video

Ventris

I'm sorry, but it's a f***ing sucky video. Rush's worst. Don't get me wrong. I'm a f***ing fanboi, but this video is Yoko Ono on drugs. Don't get me wrong. I like Yoko. She just had a birthday. She's like 80 now. Rock on Yoko! Anyway, does this sound like an Earl post yet?

Signed,

Time Stand Still

P.s. No disrespect Earl, I love your posting. I've had a rough afternoon. RIP Ronnie rose.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 6 2012, 06:10 PM)
I'm sorry, but it's a f***ing sucky video. Rush's worst. Don't get me wrong. I'm a f***ing fanboi, but this video is Yoko Ono on drugs. Don't get me wrong. I like Yoko. She just had a birthday. She's like 80 now. Rock on Yoko! Anyway, does this sound like an Earl post yet?

Signed,

Time Stand Still

P.s. No disrespect Earl, I love your posting. I've had a rough afternoon. RIP Ronnie rose.gif

Agreed.

Great song. Awful video.

QUOTE (New World Kid @ Mar 6 2012, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Mar 6 2012, 06:10 PM)

Signed,

Time Stand Still

Agreed.

Great song. Awful video.

Aww c'mon, it's bad but it ain't THAT bad. Close your eyes while watching the video and it's pretty damn good! laugh.gif

confused13.gif

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 6 2012, 09:45 PM)
Its better than the Superconductor video
Its better than the Time Stand Still video

... shall I continue?

smile.gif

Good God man, stop. It is not better than Time Stand Still!

I happen to be fond of that video. Bouncing Rush! bncegrn.gif

I love the song but dont like the video at all. As a matter of fact, I dont like any of their in-concert videos either (except lil Rush lol). Like the Time Machine video of them in 1974, or any of them where they are trying to be funny. Its like they just miss the mark and go on forever. Its not really their forte now is it?

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 6 2012, 08:03 PM)
Ah how quickly we forget the video for Superconductor.

Only those fortunate enough to be blessed with bad recall can ever remove that stain from their memory.

Perhaps the most damning thing that can be said about it is that it's worse than the video for Half the World. 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (jacklifeson @ Mar 6 2012, 10:18 PM)
I love the song but dont like the video at all. As a matter of fact, I dont like any of their in-concert videos either (except lil Rush lol). Like the Time Machine video of them in 1974, or any of them where they are trying to be funny. Its like they just miss the mark and go on forever. Its not really their forte now is it?

OMG, I think it's hilarious. My boyfriend and I still laugh anytime someone brings up sausage around us laugh.gif

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Mar 6 2012, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 6 2012, 08:03 PM)
Ah how quickly we forget the video for Superconductor.

Only those fortunate enough to be blessed with bad recall can ever remove that stain from their memory.

Perhaps the most damning thing that can be said about it is that it's worse than the video for Half the World. 062802puke_prv.gif

confused13.gif I quite enjoy Half the World's music video.

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Mar 6 2012, 09:45 PM)
Its better than the Superconductor video
Its better than the Time Stand Still video

... shall I continue?

smile.gif

rofl3.gif

Much better than many of a long line of really bad vids. I kind of like this one. It's artsy and along the line of Mystic Rhythms, which is solid.

The Superconductor video at least has a plot or... something?... that ties in with the message of the song.

As far as I can tell, Far Cry doesn't. It's just Geddy-impersonator sitting at a desk and stuff? Then sometimes clips from their career. Then the last 30 seconds, and most climatic part of the song, is awkwardly represented in the video with a paper car that's driving... nowhere... on a loop?

Sorry, don't get it.

it's right up there with all the other videos - *&it!!

could never understand why they couldn't make great videos as they have all the other great ingredients - music lyrics meaning