BEST ALBUM SIDES EVER!

rushgoober

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 4 2012, 04:26 PM)
Rolling Stones - Tattoo You (side 2)
Def Leppard - Hysteria (side 1)

I love side 2 of Tattoo You. I remember a review of it when it was released, maybe in Circus magazine, entitled "The Stones hang up their rocking shoes," because of how mellow side 2 was.

I can't agree with Hysteria though. Side 2 of Pyromania though, absolutely.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Mar 15 2012, 08:32 AM)
QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 4 2012, 04:26 PM)
Rolling Stones - Tattoo You (side 2)
Def Leppard - Hysteria (side 1)

I love side 2 of Tattoo You. I remember a review of it when it was released, maybe in Circus magazine, entitled "The Stones hang up their rocking shoes," because of how mellow side 2 was.

I can't agree with Hysteria though. Side 2 of Pyromania though, absolutely.

There's actually a classic season 1 episode of Veronica Mars episode that references side 2 of Tattoo where a teacher (a then unknown Adam Scott) turns that side on when seducing his students. One of those students was (speaking of then unknown) Leighton Meeser from Gossip Girl.

QUOTE (Archangel717 @ Mar 14 2012, 03:29 PM)
Side one of Led Zeppelin IV
laugh.gif

http://i40.tinypic.com/34yuql0.jpg

And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible...

Ironic, that he ends up playing Kashmir (FROM PHYSICAL GRAFFITI! laugh.gif ) on his date instead.

Edited by invisible airwave

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 15 2012, 09:27 AM)
laugh.gif

And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible...

Ironic, that he ends up playing Kashmir (FROM PHYSICAL GRAFFITI! laugh.gif ) on his date instead.

classic scene! yes.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Side one of Zep IV is genius though. I rated it #2 of all time after MP side one!

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 15 2012, 12:27 PM)
laugh.gif

Apparently, they filmed the scene and then tried to get the rights from Led Zeppelin and the only song they could get was "Kashmir".

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Mar 15 2012, 08:25 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 4 2012, 10:09 AM)
Van Halen - Fair Warning Side 1

yes.gif

And side 2, for that matter.

goodpost.gif Fair Warning is a Perfect album

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Mar 15 2012, 05:20 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 15 2012, 03:22 PM)

yes.gif

yes.gif Indeed.

I love Fair Warning, but I don't think it's a perfect album, in fact, I don't think Van Halen has ever recorded a "perfect" album. Near perfect? Absolutely. As for Fair Warning, don't you think "Sunday Afternoon in the Park" and "One Foot Out the Door" seem like they were tacked on. I'd trade them for one proper song that we all know they had in the vault.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 06:50 PM)

yes.gif

yes.gif Indeed.

I love Fair Warning, but I don't think it's a perfect album, in fact, I don't think Van Halen has ever recorded a "perfect" album. Near perfect? Absolutely. As for Fair Warning, don't you think "Sunday Afternoon in the Park" and "One Foot Out the Door" seem like they were tacked on. I'd trade them for one proper song that we all know they had in the vault.

I actually like SAITP and OFOTD for what they are in the context of the album. SAITP is alot like Intruder, which I also like. Is it their best song? No. But it has a cool feel to it, and OFOTD is actually a greater album closer.

I think all the Roth era albums are perfect, in the sense that there's not one single song that I can say I don't at least like.

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Mar 15 2012, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 06:50 PM)

yes.gif

yes.gif Indeed.

I actually like SAITP and OFOTD for what they are in the context of the album. SAITP is alot like Intruder, which I also like. Is it their best song? No. But it has a cool feel to it, and OFOTD is actually a greater album closer.

I think all the Roth era albums are perfect, in the sense that there's not one single song that I can say I don't at least like.

Okay, the album's run time is around 30 minutes, right? They should've thrown in one more song for the hell of it! As A Different Kind of Truth proves, they had gems in the vault.

Anyway, I don't think it's a perfect album, but a masterpiece nonetheless.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 15 2012, 05:50 PM)

yes.gif

yes.gif Indeed.

One Foot was done at the last min because they needed 1 more song. I love it and think Ed's playing is great

QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2012, 01:23 PM)

yes.gif

yes.gif Indeed.

One Foot was done at the last min because they needed 1 more song. I love it and think Ed's playing is great

Needed one more song? They had a ton of demos to choose from!

I love the album and I listen to it from beginning to end, but the last two songs feel tagged on. IN MY OPINION!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 16 2012, 12:37 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Mar 16 2012, 01:23 PM)

yes.gif

yes.gif Indeed.

Needed one more song? They had a ton of demos to choose from!

I love the album and I listen to it from beginning to end, but the last two songs feel tagged on. IN MY OPINION!!! smile.gif

We don't know it Wasn't a demo . I just remember reading that it was the last song they did, hence the name wink.gif It might have been in the vault confused13.gif

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Mar 15 2012, 11:27 AM)
laugh.gif

Someone got the referance! Win! laugh.gif

QUOTE (Rick N. Backer @ Mar 15 2012, 05:05 PM)

While the Roth era is the real Van Halen (as opposed to Van Hagar 062802puke_prv.gif ), the only album for me that was perfect was the self-titled debut. Every other one had at least one or two weak tracks, and usually more than that. Still, 1978-1984 was a great run! yes.gif