New Single, New Album, New Tour

losingit2k

I know people give a lot of flack to Rush for periods in between albums, but really, I can't think of any bands that are 40 years into their careers releasing music like Rush is. I really can't think of any. I mean, 5 years is a chunk of time, but it's really quite something when I see some of my favourite bands of today taking 3-4 years to release something new, and they don't even scratch the same touring surface that Rush does.

I am just as eager as anyone to hear this album! But I'm loving that we're getting anything.

Besides, where are the threads talking about how the album would never come out? The album's in post-production and close to being pushed out for a Spring release.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Ovningskora @ Jan 22 2012, 09:31 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 21 2012, 07:58 PM)
So according to this,us salivating Rush fans will have a new  2.gif  single, new 2.gif album and new  2.gif  tour all within the next 5 months!

looks like we went back in time to 2010!!!

drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 23 2012, 03:28 AM)
WOW! ohmy.gif

RIAB has great sources of info, so this sounds pretty reliable. This is almost as cool as when Rush performed at the Olympics! yes.gif

wink.gif

smash.gif

Haha...Goobs. THAT was the best rumour to end up being FALSE. Never been happier.

THIS one however, will be great!

wink.gif

QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jan 22 2012, 09:19 PM)

Besides, where are the threads talking about how the album would never come out? The album's in post-production and close to being pushed out for a Spring release.

Yeah.

I'm still thinking about the $5 bucks that some troll promised to everyone that replied: that Rush would never have another album or tour.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Jan 23 2012, 08:51 AM)
QUOTE (HemispheresserehpsimeH @ Jan 22 2012, 09:19 PM)

Yeah.

I'm still thinking about the $5 bucks that some troll promised to everyone that replied: that Rush would never have another album or tour.

That was Neil Pert. I think he actually said that Rush would never tour again. He is going owe a lot of people five bucks soon.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jan 23 2012, 02:28 AM)
WOW! ohmy.gif

RIAB has great sources of info, so this sounds pretty reliable. This is almost as cool as when Rush performed at the Olympics! yes.gif

wink.gif

yeah, and they played "tom sawyer". Shocker choice of material!

WOW! ohmy.gif

wink.gif

I actually remember getting excited about that! Oh Well!

2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif

WOW! ohmy.gif

RIAB has great sources of info, so this sounds pretty reliable.  This is almost as cool as when Rush performed at the Olympics! yes.gif

wink.gif

RIAB does have good sources. Here's what Geddy said about them not playing: "We had an opportunity to play but there were all kinds of crazy rules going on about lip-synching and all stuff like that and that's just not our bag, man."

So, more or less, it appeared they would play but opted out after finding out they would be required to lip sync. And they couldn't talk about it until afterwards due to signing non-disclosure agreements.

QUOTE (ALifeson85 @ Jan 22 2012, 08:49 AM)
QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jan 22 2012, 02:02 AM)
and then, let me guess, another live DVD?

If so, I'm buying it! yes.gif

Agreed...I happen to like the "follow up" live releases to each tour.

Kind of an audio/visual souvenir of the show.

QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 23 2012, 04:48 PM)
like I said before...it was a great move by them.

If I had to sit there and watch Rush lip-synch and pretend to play, then I would've lost alot of respect for them.

It was the RIGHT move, and only assured me why I truly love this band.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Jan 24 2012, 11:21 AM)
QUOTE (EmotionDetector @ Jan 23 2012, 04:48 PM)
like I said before...it was a great move by them.

If I had to sit there and watch Rush lip-synch and pretend to play, then I would've lost alot of respect for them.

It was the RIGHT move, and only assured me why I truly love this band.

goodpost.gif

goodpost.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Well now it looks like RIAB is stating that it;s going to be a Fall tour! I guess us salivating RUSH fans will be even hungrier once the Tour commences! I truely wish it would have begun in MAY though! That would have been perfect! Oh well, I'll be more familiar with the album by then!

drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif drool1.gif

Edited by losingit2k

QUOTE (ACL @ Jan 27 2012, 10:40 AM)
My "sources" have told me no tour until the fall ... 2.gif

Who are your "Sources", a Cystal Bll? Tarot cards? Germina the Great Seer of All?

Nostradamus? Edgar Cayce? who?

confused13.gif

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 29 2012, 09:40 AM)
My "sources" have told me no tour until the fall ...  2.gif

Who are your "Sources", a Cystal Bll? Tarot cards? Germina the Great Seer of All?

confused13.gif

rushisaband.com

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jan 29 2012, 07:40 AM)
My "sources" have told me no tour until the fall ...  2.gif

confused13.gif

http://www.x-entertainment.com/updates/pics/hc08-2/2.jpg

I'm good w' fall.... summer, fall.. doesn't really matter to me. I'm there. The only thing that I like about summer tours is depending vacation time, a summer tour makes it a bit easier to think about travelling to a few shows.