B.O.C.!!! B.eer O.perating C.erebellum!

RUSHHEAD666

I actually like The Revolution by Night a lot. Take Me Away, Shooting Shark and Feel the Thunder are three of my favorite B.O.C. songs of any era, and I enjoy the rest of the album, even if it reeks of the 80s. Hehe.

Club Ninja is probably down there with Mirrors, but similarly, I don't think it is as bad as some think it is. I like Perfect Water, White Flags and Madness to the Method all a lot, and Dancin' in the Ruins and When the War Comes are both enjoyable as well. The rest is pretty icky (Beat 'Em Up is particularly dreadful), though, no doubt about it.

QUOTE (The K Man @ Jan 21 2012, 11:39 AM)
I actually like The Revolution by Night a lot. Take Me Away, Shooting Shark and Feel the Thunder are three of my favorite B.O.C. songs of any era, and I enjoy the rest of the album, even if it reeks of the 80s. Hehe.

Club Ninja is probably down there with Mirrors, but similarly, I don't think it is as bad as some think it is. I like Perfect Water, White Flags and Madness to the Method all a lot, and Dancin' in the Ruins and When the War Comes are both enjoyable as well. The rest is pretty icky (Beat 'Em Up is particularly dreadful), though, no doubt about it.

I forgot about Shooting Shark- great tune and a favorite of mine. Club Ninja has some ok stuff on it, I just never listen to that album. I like TRBN too, I just think Mirrors is a little better. Honestly BOC doesn't have any bad albums to me- there are just ones I prefer to listen to than others. That pretty much goes for any band though. trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 20 2012, 09:28 PM)

I have the original Japanese pressing of "Imaginos" and it still sounds like shit.
I have the new USA reissue as well.  I was hoping they would remaster it.  Sadly it still sounds like crap.

I love the concept album storyline but the music just does nothing for me.

Do you like "Club Ninja" and "Revolution By Night?"

I do.

Yes, actually I think Revolution is a solid effort (at least the first 6 songs). After that it tends to slow down... Shadow of California is awesome! As others have mentioned, Shooting Shark is a classic.

Club Ninja seems to suffer from what I call "Side 1 Only" (where the second side seems to be nothing but filler)... I love Dancing in The Ruins and of course, Perfect Water is complete perfection... so much so I wish they would open their shows with it all the time!

It seems they went from an awesome guitar-driven "live" bar band to an over-produced synth-saturated "studio" band, which is a shame.

When I first got into the band, I thought it was mostly about Bloom/Lanier/Dharma. But as I got more into them, I realized an important part of them was the Bouchard bothers. They were the backbone, and after they left, BOC seemed to wander around the musical landscape too much for my liking.

I would love to see the Bouchard brothers re-unite and go on a tour with BOC, but not knowing their reason(s) for leaving, I can only hope it will be...

QUOTE (The K Man @ Jan 21 2012, 09:39 AM)

Love the song Take Me Away. Yeah... it reeks of '80's high school to me, too. Reminds me of playing tapes in Electronics class. cool.gif

The Bouchard bros are/have joined up and play in the band called Blue Coupe. They have a few videos of live performances on you tube and seem to do a few cult classics. Have to say the live vocals on these are pretty ropey but you get storming versions of songs such as Hot Rails to Hell and Nosferatu with Jo on guitar!

Going back to Club Ninja, it has two excellent songs in Perfect Water and Madness to the Method. Would love to hear a remaster of this album.

QUOTE (2112mjh @ Jan 21 2012, 01:50 PM)
The Bouchard bros are/have joined up and play in the band called Blue Coupe. They have a few videos of live performances on you tube and seem to do a few cult classics. Have to say the live vocals on these are pretty ropey but you get storming versions of songs such as Hot Rails to Hell and Nosferatu with Jo on guitar!

Going back to Club Ninja, it has two excellent songs in Perfect Water and Madness to the Method. Would love to hear a remaster of this album.

I wasn't aware of the brothers getting together to form another band. COOL!

Joe also has a cool solo album out called "Jukebox In My Head."

Check out some samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DID-U_WxNJo

I do.

Revolution is one of my favorite studio albums post-Agents (along with Spectres and Cultosaurus), even without ABouchard.

Mirrors I'd rank as their worst (other than Club Ninja). Mainly because it's too slick and overproduced, robbing the rockers like 'Dr Music' (which was much better live) of their energy. Also by that point they were writing individually and weren't jamming and working out tunes together as a band like on the early records. The Vigil is definitely my favorite cut.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Jan 21 2012, 10:25 PM)

I do.

Revolution is one of my favorite studio albums post-Agents (along with Spectres and Cultosaurus), even without ABouchard.

Mirrors I'd rank as their worst (other than Club Ninja). Mainly because it's too slick and overproduced, robbing the rockers like 'Dr Music' (which was much better live) of their energy. Also by that point they were writing individually and weren't jamming and working out tunes together as a band like on the early records. The Vigil is definitely my favorite cut.

Right on Lang! I will have to pull out "Revolution" tomorrow night!!!

Right now I am cranking "Cultosaurus Erectus!"

EPIC!

I have to tell you a BOC story that I might have already told on here.

It was 1982 and my neighbors asked me if I could watch their house for a week while they were on vacation.

I took the job and they paid me cash up front. I was only 14 years old. (same year I saw The Who with The Clash).

So I go over to their house and I am instantly blown away buy this guy's stereo.

Then I see his massive lp collection.

I spent hours and hours over there cranking his lps. Hell maybe that's why I am so anal retentive with my stuff these days. I was very careful when I played his albums.

Well there are three albums that stick out the most which influenced me back when I was just a kid. Hell my daughter is 14 now. She hates my music and is brainwashed by the radio and all of that hip hop pop shit. Oh well. At least she has see RUSH twice.

So the three albums that I fell in love with that summer back in 1982 was:

"Cultosaurus Erectus"

I remember that creepy album cover catching my eye. Then the record took over from there.

"Fire Of Unknown Origin"

When I saw this album cover by the same artist I was intrigued.

The album cover was really trippy. I didn't know what to expect.

I put that sucker on and instantly fell in love.

Speaking about this record when the hell will EPIC/SONY wake up and continue the BOC remasters????

They have only done them up to "Specteres." Makes no dollars or sense???

So the third album was my first introduction to The Alan Parsons Project.

"Eye In The Sky"

Although many of you might find this record quite commercial, I fell in love with this one too.

It was fun to go to the Record Factory or The Record Exchange back then in the early Eighties and hunt for all of the older releases by BOC and Alan Parsons Project.

Damn I need help.

Time for some "I Robot" and "Agents Of Fortune."

Life would be silent without music.

trink39.gif

Cultosaurus Erectus definitely stands out to me as their best studio album ever. It has some of the band's best songs - Black Blade, Monsters, Deadline, The Marshall Plan and Lips in the Hills - and the rest is damn good (although Hungry Boys is pretty average).

Back to Mirrors, I forgot that the title track is pretty catchy, albeit very cheesy. tongue.gif

Edited by The K Man

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 21 2012, 09:12 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jan 21 2012, 03:20 AM)
QUOTE (goose @ Jan 20 2012, 11:40 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYg3vvVwj4Y&feature=related

The Great Sun Jester

Wow Goose!

My wife is up in Woodland for our youngest daughter's State Cup this weekend. Soccer.

I'm stuck home with Zoe our other daughter. Zoe is a freshman and made the Varsity Soccer Team so we had to split up this weekend.

I'm blasting Mirrors right now.

Damn I'm hooked.

Hell I like "Dr. Music!"

"The Great Sun Jester" rules!!!!

"In Thee" is brilliant too.

Varsity as a frosh! Awesome! cheer.gif

Thanks goose!!!

She is playing great so far!!!

Very proud and very pumped!!!

Cheers!!

trink39.gif

A few weeks ago I was out of the studio working with one of our camera men & I played Cultosaurus Erectus to him on the journey home from the shoot. He was totally appalled by it (the only B.O.C. that he had heard before was "(Don't Fear) The Reaper") and he couldn't beleive that it was the same band.

Oh well, can't win them all.

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 20 2012, 11:40 PM) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYg3vvVwj4Y&feature=related

The Great Sun Jester

Wow Goose!

My wife is up in Woodland for our youngest daughter's State Cup this weekend. Soccer.

I'm stuck home with Zoe our other daughter. Zoe is a freshman and made the Varsity Soccer Team so we had to split up this weekend.

I'm blasting Mirrors right now.

Damn I'm hooked.

Hell I like "Dr. Music!"

"The Great Sun Jester" rules!!!!

"In Thee" is brilliant too.

Wow!! What a title! Was I drunk?????? LOL!

The good old days! 2012 was a good year for me.

"Don't Fear The Weeper." That's me.................

BOC RULES!!!

BOC wouldn't let KISS use their lighted KISS logo when KISS was opening for them

So what did KISS do ?

Well, you know the story

Who ended up opening for who ?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/abbath_/Kiss/992986_10151566263093579_1091133330_n_zps0fb7ae6d.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

BOC wouldn't let KISS use their lighted KISS logo when KISS was opening for them

So what did KISS do ?

Well, you know the story

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/abbath_/Kiss/992986_10151566263093579_1091133330_n_zps0fb7ae6d.jpg

Lucas!

I am so glad I brought this thread back up to the surface!! ARE YOU SERIOUS????

In my mind that means that Buck and the boys were scared that KISS was going to blow them away!!!

That is so funny! I didn't know the hand changed and BOC opened for KISS! Makes sense buddy!!

KISS HATERS CAN TAKE A FUKKING HIKE!

More obvious knowledge.

Some three piece Canadian band open up for KISS over 100 times!!!!!!!

It was never reversed!!!

KISS RULES!!!!!!

If you really twisted my arm & I was forced to choose, I'd pick BOC as my fave US rock band. From the debut up to The Revolution By Night they were absolutely awesome.

Yep!

"Revolution" is their last great record.

Fukk Aerosmith.

KISS

MOTLEY CRUE

VAN HALEN

RATT

Hmmmmmmm...........

BOC have a much larger canon then those other bands.

Crue had 5 classic.

VH 6

KISS 7

RATT 5

By the numbers it's BOC.

BOC 12

So what did KISS do ?

Well, you know the story

Lucas!

In my mind that means that Buck and the boys were scared that KISS was going to blow them away!!!

That is so funny! I didn't know the hand changed and BOC opened for KISS! Makes sense buddy!!

More obvious knowledge.

It was never reversed!!!

KISS RULES!!!!!!

I like Kiss' mid 80s albums, Lick it Up, Animalize and Asylum more than their 70s albums, other than Destroyer and Love Gun.

So what did KISS do ?

Well, you know the story

Lucas!

More obvious knowledge.

It was never reversed!!!

KISS RULES!!!!!!

***takes hike. Doesnt listen to Kiss***