Nate2112

The absolute best one is Spider-Man. Hands Down

Go ahead and yell at me, but I LOVE Spider Man smile.gif

Edited by Nate2112

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 4 2012, 04:33 PM)
Noooo way. The armored Green Goblin and the organic webshooters were enough to knock that flick down a couple of notches, IMO. To me, the best superhero movie was Iron Man. I have a hard time finding any fault with that movie whatsoever.

smile.gif

Thats cool

But I like the overall concept Of Spiderman

Noooo way. The armored Green Goblin and the organic webshooters were enough to knock that flick down a couple of notches, IMO. To me, the best superhero movie was Iron Man. I have a hard time finding any fault with that movie whatsoever.

I prefer the organic webshooters. I never bought the fact a teenager, no matter how brilliant, could come up with such a device as mechanical webshooters. It makes less sense than mutating organic webshooters.

Edited by ReRushed

How could the terrorists NOT know what Stark was building? I had a hard time with that.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2012, 04:43 PM)

How could the terrorists NOT know what Stark was building? I had a hard time with that.

goodpost.gif

I never come up with these sort of Dilllemas in movies

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2012, 03:43 PM)

True, they did play them a just a little dumb. I'm not sure playing them smarter would have been a good idea from the perspective of American audiences, though. The "dumb terrorist" character is safe, after all.

Plus it would have prevented the rest of the movie from happening laugh.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2012, 03:39 PM)

I prefer the organic webshooters. I never bought the fact a teenager, no matter how brilliant, could come up with such a device as mechanical webshooters. It makes less sense than mutating organic webshooters.

I used to think that until I read Ultimate Spider-Man. Parker coming up with mechanical web shooters was pretty plausibly covered in that incarnation.

Actually, pretty much everything about Parker, Spider-Man and everyone else in that universe was more plausible, IMO. Hell of a series.

The 1975 pilot to "Wonder Woman" is my favorite super hero(ine) film.

Favorite villain would have to be Julie Newmar's version of "Catwoman" on the Batman TV series.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 4 2012, 05:39 PM)

True, they did play them a just a little dumb. I'm not sure playing them smarter would have been a good idea from the perspective of American audiences, though. The "dumb terrorist" character is safe, after all.

eyesre4.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 4 2012, 05:41 PM)

I used to think that until I read Ultimate Spider-Man. Parker coming up with mechanical web shooters was pretty plausibly covered in that incarnation.

Actually, pretty much everything about Parker, Spider-Man and everyone else in that universe was more plausible, IMO. Hell of a series.

I never read Ultimate Spider-Man, but I still can't imagine anyone coming up with mechanical web-shooters. I suspend the belief, no matter how plausible it may seem. But, it's a comic book story. They're fun.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2012, 05:23 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Oh, I'm not saying I agree with it, don't get me wrong. I just wonder if maybe the studio didn't want to make the Middle Eastern terrorists too smart for fear of how some American audiences would take it. It's just a comic book flick after all. I'm sayin', I think the studio might've played it safe.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2012, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 4 2012, 05:41 PM)

I never read Ultimate Spider-Man, but I still can't imagine anyone coming up with mechanical web-shooters. I suspend the belief, no matter how plausible it may seem. But, it's a comic book story. They're fun.

Ooooh. I'm wouldn't suggest that it would change your mind about the shooters, but if you dig the comic book medium at all, Ultimate Spider-Man is highly recommended. I wasn't reading Marvel for a long, long time, so I missed it when it was current, but I just read the first two trades of it and was very impressed by it.

QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 4 2012, 03:37 PM)

The first one was good, but suffered from weak acting. The guy who played Peter Parker fit the description of "nerd", but he sucked at acting the role. There was also some meat missing plotwise.

IMO, The Dark Knight Rises is the best one yet. The actors, script, all of it was stellar. With the exception of that poorly edited action sequence in the tunnels it was perfect. X-Men First Class and Iron Man 1 come close second in my book.

Fun fact: the original Spider Man was intended to have web shooters coming from his wrist, but the CCA (Comics Code Authority) classified that as a bodily fluid and forced the writers to change it in order to get their seal of approval (nobody would sell comics without the CCA's approval at the time). Thus the organic shooters were born. IMO, it made it more interesting that Parker had to imagine and manufacture web and to top it off that he could run out of web mid chase/fight/escape.

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Jan 5 2012, 08:55 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jan 4 2012, 05:23 PM)

eyesre4.gif

Oh, I'm not saying I agree with it, don't get me wrong. I just wonder if maybe the studio didn't want to make the Middle Eastern terrorists too smart for fear of how some American audiences would take it. It's just a comic book flick after all. I'm sayin', I think the studio might've played it safe.

You're overthinking. Back in '63, the comic book Tony Stark did the same thing to escape his captors. Hell, the movie suit of grey was pretty identical (as you probably know) to the comic's original. The only difference really is that the captors weren't Middle East terrorists.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jan 5 2012, 01:57 AM)
QUOTE (Nate2112 @ Jan 4 2012, 03:37 PM)

The first one was good, but suffered from weak acting. The guy who played Peter Parker fit the description of "nerd", but he sucked at acting the role. There was also some meat missing plotwise.

IMO, The Dark Knight Rises is the best one yet. The actors, script, all of it was stellar. With the exception of that poorly edited action sequence in the tunnels it was perfect. X-Men First Class and Iron Man 1 come close second in my book.

Fun fact: the original Spider Man was intended to have web shooters coming from his wrist, but the CCA (Comics Code Authority) classified that as a bodily fluid and forced the writers to change it in order to get their seal of approval (nobody would sell comics without the CCA's approval at the time). Thus the organic shooters were born. IMO, it made it more interesting that Parker had to imagine and manufacture web and to top it off that he could run out of web mid chase/fight/escape.

I think it was Tobey Maguire who played Spiderman, though, for me, I always thought he was a bit, well, weak (if I can use that phrase) as the character.

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jan 6 2012, 12:02 AM)
Batman Begins.

Yes, I agree. This is the greatest of all live-action superhero films.

Some thoughts...

The Good:

Watchmen

Iron Man

Superman

The Bad:

XMEN 3

Hulk ('03)

Spider-Man 3

The Lame:

Batman and Robin

Catwoman

Fantastic 4 part 2

Captain America has to be the greatest superhero movie thus far. It's epic.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 6 2012, 12:11 PM)
Captain America has to be the greatest superhero movie thus far. It's epic.

yes.gif

What about Thor

That nugget killed it for me, too.

Terrorist: "What are you building in there?"

Stark: "Not an iron suit, that's for sure."

Terrorist: "OK."

QUOTE (goose @ Jan 8 2012, 12:49 AM)

That nugget killed it for me, too.

Terrorist: "What are you building in there?"

Stark: "Not an iron suit, that's for sure."

Terrorist: "OK."

laugh.gif

The Good:

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Batman (Jack Nicholson's Joker is my favorite live action Joker)

Spiderman

Spiderman 2

The Incredible Hulk

Captain America

Iron Man 1 & 2

Kick Ass

The Meh:

X-Men First Class

The Bad:

Spiderman 3

Hulk '03

Batman Forever