Obscure TV shows that no one talks about anymore

treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 15 2011, 07:06 PM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 15 2011, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 15 2011, 07:01 PM)
What about Hunter, featuring former LA Rams defensive end Fred Dryer and Stephanie Kramer...?

It worked for me!!

cool10.gif

Fred Dryer, the best actor ever to record two safeties in an NFL game. yes.gif

And over 100 sacks!

cool.gif

Only because they didn't record sacks when Bubba Smith and Dick Butkus played.

And because the great thespian Bob Golic (STTB: The College Years) fell 88.5 sacks short of triple digits...

Speaking of Butkus, here's another great series he was in...Hang Time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hang_Time_(TV_series)

Oops, can't forget the late Lyle Alzado as Robert Randall in "Learning the Ropes"...

Unfortunately, he fell 3 sacks short of the century mark.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 15 2011, 08:08 PM)
What about Hunter, featuring former LA Rams defensive end Fred Dryer and Stephanie Kramer...?

It worked for me!!

cool10.gif

And over 100 sacks!

cool.gif

And because the great thespian Bob Golic (STTB: The College Years) fell 88.5 sacks short of triple digits...

Bob Golic? He did UK TV NFL coverage as an analyst back in the 90s for a while, andhe acted like he was the all time bad ass sackmaster MVP too! laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 15 2011, 07:18 PM)

It worked for me!!

cool10.gif

And over 100 sacks!

cool.gif

Bob Golic? He did UK TV NFL coverage as an analyst back in the 90s for a while, andhe acted like he was the all time bad ass sackmaster MVP too! laugh.gif

If you've never seen Saved by the Bell: The College Years, I strongly suggest you do. It's more riveting TV than Jacksonville Jaguar football...

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Dec 15 2011, 08:22 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 15 2011, 07:18 PM)

It worked for me!!

cool10.gif

And over 100 sacks!

cool.gif

If you've never seen Saved by the Bell: The College Years, I strongly suggest you do. It's more riveting TV than Jacksonville Jaguar football...

I saw it back in the day, Screech by now is some kind of super geek legend and Mario Lopez was like the new Erik Estrada-lite. Bob Golic was actually pretty good in it.

Mario these days does boxing interviews and presentation for some latin HBO channel.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 15 2011, 07:31 PM)
Hey that reminds me C.H.I.P.S!

ohmy.gif

Don't forget about the CHIPS spinoff, Enos... wink.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 15 2011, 11:17 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 16 2011, 10:31 AM)
Hey that reminds me C.H.I.P.S!

ohmy.gif

They should've had a dream sequence in Saved by the Bell where Slater is Ponch and Zack is Jon.

http://dumbbaby.net/a/i/055/02.jpg http://www.moviestore.com/library/photos/271/271547.jpg

cool10.gif

Son of Ponch!

laugh.gif

I always liked In Search Of hosted by Leonard Nimoy. The theme music reminded me of one of the keyboard parts in The Camera Eye. The show was pretty much the predecessor to the more successful Unsolved Mysteries and every other documentary/investigation program that came after. Bigfoot, Nessie, UFOs, ghosts, the Knights of the Round Table, the Holy Grail, etc. , In Search Of covered all of that rubbish tongue.gif Edited by JohnnyBlaze

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b216/spirit3trails/011BrownsBobBW300h361w.jpg notworthy.gif

Bob's bar in Cleveland's warehouse district good place to hang out before heading to the factory of sadness known as Browns stadium, and afterward drown your sorrows and bitch about how much they suck!! yes.gif

Ignored Saved by the Bell completely, once again I remembered another NBC failure the short lived "Quark" starring Richard Benjamin aboard a outer space garbage collecting ship. facepalm.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 17 2011, 04:54 PM)
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/4840/thegreatestamericanhero.jpg

Best theme song, ever!

Oh, that's not it...try this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_ZUSQQdoS4

Friday the 13th: The Series (1988-1990 I think)

Thankfully this great show has zero to do with the Friday the 13th movies with Jason Voorhees.

Two cousins inherit an antique shop from their uncle who had made a deal with the devil to sell cursed items to the public. Now with the help of an ex-occultist Jack Marshack they team together to get the objects back before they kill any more people.

I watched this all the time as a kid, and am almost done with re-watching them all again through Netflix. It's a little cheesy in places but I really like the chemistry of the main 3 characters Ryan, Micki, & Jack. Some of the episodes are pretty scary too like Scarecrow, And now the News, Double Exposure, and Better Off Dead.

QUOTE (Presto-a RUSH fan! @ Dec 14 2011, 07:21 PM)
I love the show Wings. Occasionally, I will see it on and watch it and it still makes me laugh.

But how about this for a pound of obscure(sorry), with Jason Bateman,

It's Your Move

Does anyone remember that one? It was geared towards teenagers and I was in 8th grade at the time and I loved that show. When they canceled it I was so pissed. My first experience of how horrible network tv can take something great and discard it, well at least it was great to me as an 8th grader.

But from what I remember it was always funny and a teenage scam artist concept was so great. But just reading the wikipedia entry I linked to, it got canceled because it was up against Dynasty. Yeah...that makes sense to put that show up against a popular adult show like Dynasty and expect it to get great ratings.

Good show. He was conning everyone with his buddy Eli. The janitor, of the apartment complex where he lived, was scared to death of the kid... laugh.gif

GRAND...I saw this one on another list, i loved this show.

It started out as kind of a comedy soap opera.It was centered around 2 families, one on the rich side of town and the other that lived in a trailer park.It was set in Grand, Pa. The town was named that because the main industry was a piano factory. Hated when it was cancelled.

Damn, gotta make sure the girlfriend doesn't see this thread. She loves all these older programs and will end up on Amazon buying them.

For me, there have been quite a few mentioned already:

Son of the Beach

Perfect Strangers

Hunter

Fall Guy

Titus

Larry Sanders

ALF

Quantum Leap

and a few not mentioned yet:

Northern Exposure

Evening Shade

Lou Grant

QUOTE (metallithrax @ Dec 19 2011, 05:05 PM)
Damn, gotta make sure the girlfriend doesn't see this thread. She loves all these older programs and will end up on Amazon buying them.

For me, there have been quite a few mentioned already:

Son of the Beach
Perfect Strangers
Hunter
Fall Guy
Titus
Larry Sanders
ALF
Quantum Leap

and a few not mentioned yet:

Northern Exposure
Evening Shade
Lou Grant

The Fall guy yeah!

With Heather Thomas! wub.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Dec 19 2011, 06:12 PM)
http://images1.makefive.com/images/entertainment/television/favorite-tv-show-about-doctors/marcus-welby-md-7.jpg

We have the first two seasons of Marcus Welby on DVD. Very good show. Fave episode is about Consuelo's mother who is dying of cancer. Tear jerker of a story.