Obscure TV shows that no one talks about anymore

treeduck

Did I start this thread?? :eh:

Oh yeah you did!!!

I was actually thinking about the series, "Kung Fu". (Which was Decades TV marathon a few weeks back).

I thought, damn, Treeduck would totally dig this.

You mean Kung Fu?

:hail:

damn autocorrect! :(

King Fu could have been the follow-up show! :sundog:

Did I start this thread?? :eh:

Oh yeah you did!!!

I was actually thinking about the series, "Kung Fu". (Which was Decades TV marathon a few weeks back).

I thought, damn, Treeduck would totally dig this.

You mean Kung Fu?

:hail:

damn autocorrect! :(

King Fu could have been the follow-up show! :sundog:

http://i.pinimg.com/736x/b7/71/35/b771358ea4b21a3dfcdac37771e5f566.jpg

"One who does not accept the original 1970s Kung Fu series as the greatest tv show of all time is as foolish as the wind which tries to blow the sun from the sky." - Master Po

:blaze:

• Like 1

I probably already mentioned this earlier in this thread years ago...

Before the enjoyable Unsolved Mysteries hosted by Robert Stack was the 1970s' In Search Of hosted by Leonard Nimoy. They covered a lot of intriguing topics.

Great nostalgia watching that intro.

A few months back I watched a couple of episodes on YouTube and they still hold up after all these years.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Larry Sanders is brilliant TV. I've been meaning to pick up the box set of that for a long time...everything else I've caught up with re-runs pretty much but that's a definite keeper.

Hey now!

Someone up thread mentioned That's Incredible! A similar show that was around longer was Real People. One of the hosts, Byron Allen, is probably one of richest behind-the-scenes people in the entertainment business. https://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/richest-comedians/byron-allen-net-worth/

That was a great dhow. In the same vein, there was Real People and Kids are People Too. Kind of prototype reality tv.

Before the enjoyable Unsolved Mysteries hosted by Robert Stack was the 1970s' In Search Of hosted by Leonard Nimoy. They covered a lot of intriguing topics.

A few months back I watched a couple of episodes on YouTube and they still hold up after all these years.

In Search Of... teleased a series of episodes on the big screen, Big Foot and UFOs being two that I specifically remember.
  • Like 1

In Search Of... teleased a series of episodes on the big screen, Big Foot and UFOs being two that I specifically remember.

Yeah? Cool!

The episodes on Bigfoot, Nessie, and UFOs sparked my interest in those kinds of topics at a very young age. Spock hosting helped as I already was a Trek fan.

Ah, Julie Brown - proving that funny and hot CAN co-exist! laugh.gif

She did a couple of her best songs in Earthgirls Are Easy...

rofl3.gif

Geena Davis was my first actress crush because of that movie and that was a good MTV show as well.

Funhouse - kids TV game show that was 2nd tier to the more popular Double Dare

Encyclopedia - Kids show on HBO that I watched in 2nd grade.

You Wrote It You Watch It - The launching pad for Jon Stewart's career.

The State - MTV's short lived sketch comedy show. Many have gone on to bigger things since then like Reno 911 and David Wain has directed movies like Wet Hot American Summer and Role Models. Michael "I'm Doug and I'm outta here!" Showalter just directed that new Tammy Faye biopic with Jessica Chastain.

Beat The Geeks - My family household ditched cable for Dish Network and I finally got Comedy Central and it was right when the show made it's debut.

rofl3.gif

Geena Davis was my first actress crush because of that movie and that was a good MTV show as well.

The State - MTV's short lived sketch comedy show. Many have gone on to bigger things since then like Reno 911 and David Wain has directed movies like Wet Hot American Summer and Role Models. Michael "I'm Doug and I'm outta here!" Showalter just directed that new Tammy Faye biopic with Jessica Chastain.

Beat The Geeks - My family household ditched cable for Dish Network and I finally got Comedy Central and it was right when the show made it's debut.

I preferred her in THE FLY!

• Like 1

rofl3.gif

I preferred her in THE FLY!

A League Of Their Own and Quick Change for me. Best role is her being badass in The Long Kiss Goodnight. Such a quotable action Christmas classic. Shane Black wrote some great action movies. The badass MFer himself, SLJ, steals the movie as her sidekick.

"I would have been here sooner but I was thinking up that ham on rye line." :lol:

Edited by invisible airwave

New Visions on VH1. My musical choices were wavering when I got into Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream, but that show sent me over the edge. Edited by pjbear05

Anyone watch Caprica on SciFi?

I started it years ago but didn't finish it.

I never watched the other shows related to it, so I was sometimes a bit confused, but I liked it.

New Visions on VH1. My musical choices were wavering when I got into Kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream, but that show sent me over the edge.

I'm seeing Kraftwerk for the first time next year and am pretty excited about it. Not a huge fan but some bands don't seem to tour very often (at least in the USA) and I can't pass this up. They're pretty iconic.

• Like 1