Obscure TV shows that no one talks about anymore

treeduck

QUOTE (librarian @ Dec 19 2011, 06:27 PM)
What about the show, Real People, anyone remember that one???

yes.gif goodpost.gif Very popular, we use to watch it every week.

Chris Elliott in Get A Life, started out funny then became strange and funny!!! laugh.gif (I have the complete series on vhs box set unsure.gif tongue.gif )

Edited by softfilter

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Dec 20 2011, 07:36 AM)
http://www.dangerousminds.net/images/uploads/ThatsincredFINAL3282123165_272fb127c8-1.jpg

I watched that show a lot as a kid. smile.gif

But I did hate how the audience screamed "That's incredible" after some piece was showed. I remember as the show got older, they seemed to run out of ideas so they'd try to FORCE some kind of incredible item ala "Watch this man eat buttered toast and iron his clothes at the same time" then the audience screams "That's incredible!" tongue.gif

I remember "That's Incredible". It's actually mentioned in the film "Poltergeist". I liked the show. It ran for just a couple of years from about 1981 to 1983.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 24 2011, 12:54 PM)
I remember "That's Incredible". It's actually mentioned in the film "Poltergeist". I liked the show. It ran for just a couple of years from about 1981 to 1983.

I vaguely remember that mention in Poltergeist.

The "Real Estate King" Buddy Kane in American Beauty reminded me of John Davidson. laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 23 2011, 11:05 PM)

The "Real Estate King" Buddy Kane in American Beauty reminded me of John Davidson. laugh.gif

I remember they profiled one character who actually dressed up in a superhero uniform and busted criminals. Not sure I ever bought into it. Seemed a bit fake.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Dec 24 2011, 01:12 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Dec 23 2011, 11:05 PM)

I remember they profiled one character who actually dressed up in a superhero uniform and busted criminals. Not sure I ever bought into it. Seemed a bit fake.

Don't remember that episode.

I read about a recent HBO documentary that profiled several "registered" superheroes including one team of do-gooders.

I consider these obscure mainly because nobody from my generation is too young to know about these shows: Miami Vice, Rockford Files, Gilligan's Island, All in the Family. I grew up watching reruns on TV and I loved these shows.

QUOTE (librarian @ Dec 19 2011, 04:27 PM)
What about the show, Real People, anyone remember that one???

Remember it? I was on it! There was a story about duck races in Southern California. My Aunt had a duck entered and my cousins and I spoke to the "reporter." laugh.gif

Here's a couple that some of you might recall, if you're old and weird like me: Quark and When Things Were Rotten. The latter was Mel Brook's Robin Hood show that he later scavenged for Robin Hood: Men In Tights. Both didn't last more than 13 weeks.... confused13.gif

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Dec 25 2011, 11:50 PM)

Here's a couple that some of you might recall, if you're old and weird like me: Quark and When Things Were Rotten. The latter was Mel Brook's Robin Hood show that he later scavenged for Robin Hood: Men In Tights. Both didn't last more than 13 weeks.... confused13.gif

Yep, I mentioned Quark already the space garbage collector ship facepalm.gif

I don't remember When Things were Rotten,possibly on ABC?

How about The Slap Maxwell story starring Dabney Coleman, liked him in Buffalo Bill but this just didn't work, toned down his sarcasm and dark sense of humor..... Lasted one season.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Dec 26 2011, 10:02 PM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Dec 25 2011, 11:50 PM)

Here's a couple that some of you might recall, if you're old and weird like me: Quark and When Things Were Rotten. The latter was Mel Brook's Robin Hood show that he later scavenged for Robin Hood: Men In Tights. Both didn't last more than 13 weeks....  confused13.gif

Yep, I mentioned Quark already the space garbage collector ship facepalm.gif

I don't remember When Things were Rotten,possibly on ABC?

How about The Slap Maxwell story starring Dabney Coleman, liked him in Buffalo Bill but this just didn't work, toned down his sarcasm and dark sense of humor..... Lasted one season.

Yes, I believe WTWR was on ABC. It was on at 8:00 which, considering the Brooks-ian humor, might have been a factor in its demise.

I vaguely recall the Slap Maxwell show....