Kickass and obscure guitar solos

Good,bad,andrush

I wanted to start this thread for guitar solos that most people will unfortunately never hear, but should.

I can't provide a link due to a mobile device but if you know what's good for you, search laboratories of the invisible world by maudlin of the well and check out the solo at 6:26.

wub.gif 1022.gif

Max Webster - In The World of Giants and Paradise Skies

Kim Mitchell is such an underrated guitarist and Max Webster is an amazing band. I recently discovered that Mitchell is from Sarnia, Ontario which isn't too far from my hometown in Michigan.

UPDATED CLIP

Kazumi Watanabe - We The Planet 3:07 to 3:52

^ this clip (the whole song is ridiculous) is an apex (*give it a moment to buffer, it's megavideo not YouTube)

but we're talking guitar solos here - this is the perfect example of technical precision and heartfelt emotion at work, in seamless combination

if you're an electric guitarist (or a fan of electric guitarists) and you can't name-drop at least ten favorite Kazumi Watanabe songs, you're dead to me smile.gif

Kazumi Watanabe - guitar

Bill Bruford - drums

Jeff Berlin - bass

Peter Vettese - synths

Edited by ghostworks

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Nov 23 2011, 04:01 PM)

Kim Mitchell is such an underrated guitarist and Max Webster is an amazing band. I recently discovered that Mitchell is from Sarnia, Ontario which isn't too far from my hometown in Michigan.

Agreed!! Just saw him a few weeks ago in my hometown with April Wine, Kim is still on fire!!!

Another GREAT Max solo from him is Beyond The Moon, from their Mutiny Up My Sleeve album.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Nov 23 2011, 07:19 PM)
Kazumi Watanabe - We The Planet (3:07 to 3:52) (*give it a moment to buffer, it's megavideo not YouTube)

^ this clip (the whole song is ridiculous) is an apex

but we're talking guitar solos here - this is the perfect example of technical precision and heartfelt emotion at work, in seamless combination

if you're an electric guitarist (or a fan of electric guitarists) and you can't name-drop at least ten favorite Kazumi Watanabe songs, you're dead to me smile.gif

Kazumi Watanabe - guitar
Bill Bruford - drums
Jeff Berlin - bass
Peter Vettese - synths

that link upset my antivirus.

starts at 2:15 but watch the whole thing!

starts at 2:06

Deep Purple/Lazy starts at 2:19

PinkFloyd/Dogs starts at 3:41

starts at 2:22

starts at 10:44 (k we've been playing for over ten minutes, time for a solo lol) don't know why but I've always loved this one. so fitting to the song and beautifully simple. from before Alex "learned too much" if you know what I mean...

Jimi Hendrix/Stone free it's Hendrix, watch the whole video!

Edited by MMCXII
  • Like 1

I'll throw in cannibal corpse since there is so much love here for them....

song - staring through the eyes of the dead

solo - Rob barrett and jack owen in their hay-day doing awesome trade off's

QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Nov 23 2011, 02:01 PM)

you might already know this but Kim Mitchell is a DJ on Q107 in Toronto. sometimes I listen online, they play a decent amout of Rush for a commercial station..

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Nov 24 2011, 10:39 AM)
"Canyons of Your Mind"

laugh.gif laugh.gif these guys are awesome! I never heard of the Bonzo dog band before.. the two saxaphones make up for no bass guitar tongue.gif

according to wik, Eric Clapton played with these guys ohmy.gif

Edited by MMCXII

QUOTE (MMCXII @ Nov 24 2011, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (jesse2112 @ Nov 23 2011, 02:01 PM)

Kim Mitchell is such an underrated guitarist and Max Webster is an amazing band.  I recently discovered that Mitchell is from Sarnia, Ontario which isn't too far from my hometown in Michigan.

you might already know this but Kim Mitchell is a DJ on Q107 in Toronto. sometimes I listen online, they play a decent amout of Rush for a commercial station..

Hes a great DJ too! 1022.gif

the best guitar solo ever, And in honour of queen.

melt banana's cover of we will rock you....

please enjoy the solo @ 1:31