There are no aliens on Earth: White House

treeduck

'No Aliens On Earth' Says Senior Obama Official

A senior White House official has insisted there is "no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth".

And in a blow to millions of conspiracy theorists, the member of Barack Obama's administration, also said there was no credible information to suggest evidence of alien life is being kept from the public.

The unusual comments were contained in a response by senior space policy and communications official Phil Larson to several petitions lodged on a White House website.

"The US government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race," Mr Larson wrote.

"In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.

"Many scientists and mathematicians have ... come to the conclusion that the odds are pretty high that somewhere among the trillions and trillions of stars in the universe there is a planet other than ours that is home to life.

"Many have also noted, however, that the odds of us making contact with any of them - especially any intelligent ones - are extremely small, given the distances involved.

"But that's all statistics and speculation. The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth."

The statement was issued in response to two petitions, which a total of 17,000 signatures, calling on the Government to disclose knowledge of extraterrestrial beings and contact with them.

The White House has started a new initiative called "We the People" by allowing people to submit petitions to their government, and pledged to respond to some that get a significant following.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/no-aliens-earth-s...-012017299.html

cool10.gif

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course there is no extraterrestrial presence. They've inhabited Earth before us.

ph34r.gif

tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 02:01 PM)

A senior White House official has insisted there is "no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth".

I guess that official has never read the supermarket tabloids.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/1001001/men-in-black_comic.jpg

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 8 2011, 07:30 PM)

tongue.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Nov 8 2011, 02:30 PM)

Don't worry those tabloids are gonna stop printing stories after this announcement. It's a new dawn baby!

653.gif

Oh, yeah, maybe they should hide that huge ring they're keeping in Cheyenne Mountain... ph34r.gif tongue.gif

Aliens out there? Yes. Aliens here, NOW? No. Government hiding them from us? They've got enough issues as is. I don't think they would have the time.

The more people you add to a situation, the less likely it is that they can keep a secret. There have been hundreds of thousands of people involved in the US government since the alien theorists really started taking off in the 50's. Millions of people involved in other world governments.

There's no way - no way - that aliens exist on earth if the argument is "the government is keeping them a secret". The government has barely functioned in a hundred years, the idea that they could cover up aliens is silly.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 8 2011, 05:02 PM)
The more people you add to a situation, the less likely it is that they can keep a secret. There have been hundreds of thousands of people involved in the US government since the alien theorists really started taking off in the 50's. Millions of people involved in other world governments.

There's no way - no way - that aliens exist on earth if the argument is "the government is keeping them a secret". The government has barely functioned in a hundred years, the idea that they could cover up aliens is silly.

The article agrees with you. And hopefully this will quash all this UFO/alien talk for good and we can all move on to something more constructive, no?

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 8 2011, 05:02 PM)

The article agrees with you. And hopefully this will quash all this UFO/alien talk for good and we can all move on to something more constructive, no?

But it's fuuuuun.

..Okay, I get what you're saying. There are more constructive things smart people with interests in things like physics, astronomy, etc. could be doing.. like, I don't know, working for NASA. oh wait--

(But I digress.)

I think it's something we can ponder, and certainly I don't see anything wrong with letting a few satellites scan outer space just to see if anyone decides ring up. But to say that anyone's "covering up" proof is just ridiculous. Personally, I just stick to my sci-fis and keep an eye on the news. But I don't preoccupy myself with it.

...However, I do confess to watching those "UFO Files" shows once in a while.

But X-Files tends to be far more entertaining. smile.gif

What a shock they would say this! ohmy.gif

Seriously though, can you imagine them saying, "Yes, aliens do exist and we've been covering them up for over 60 years because we didn't think the world could handle it and because we didn't want to change the power structure of the world, even though it would completely change the human race's worldview on absolutely everything. And by the way, we've been either using or suppressing their superior technology since the 40's. We freely admit that we've been deceiving the entire world with this top secret information for decades."

Yeah, that's gonna happen. eyesre4.gif

From a NASA page:

...in 1999 the Hubble Space Telescope estimated that there were 125 billion galaxies in the universe, and recently with the new camera HST has observed 3,000 visible galaxies, which is twice as much as they observed before with the old camera. We're emphasizing "visible" because observations with radio telescopes, infrared cameras, x-ray cameras, etc. would detect other galaxies that are not detected by Hubble.

From universetoday.com:

When you look up into the night sky, it seems like you can see a lot of stars. There are about 2,500 stars visible to the naked eye at any one point at any one time on the Earth, and 5,800-8,000 total visible stars. But this is a very tiny fraction of the stars the Milky Way is thought to have! Astronomers estimate that there are 200 billion to 400 billion stars contained within the Milky Way.

SOOOO, 200 to 400 billion stars in this galaxy, 125 billion galaxies in the universe.

It's simple math. The numbers rapidly start approaching infinity. Using 300 billion times 125 billion, I come up with 37,500,000,000,000,000,000,000 or 37 sextillion, 500 quintillion aka a f*cking SHITLOAD of stars.

Scientists have already discovered planets around other stars in our galaxy, and we're just beginning to discover them. From wiki:

An extrasolar planet, or exoplanet, is a planet outside the Solar System. As of November 7, 2011, 697 extrasolar planets (in 573 planetary systems and 81 multiple-planet systems) have been identified.

Just because some want to believe our planet is the center of all creation supporting the only intelligent life in the universe doesn't make it so. Some people will never believe anything else exists until it lands in their living room and does a song and dance for them, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Edited by rushgoober

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 8 2011, 06:32 PM)
I'm totally on board with the idea that there is intelligent life out there, I just don't believe any of it has showed up here yet.

Well like I keep saying soon your wish will be granted and no one will talk about this anymore. Be patient, good things come to he who waits.

smile.gif

Of course there's no aliens on Earth. When people are talking about aliens, they're talking about them being out in the universe somewhere. Let's be honest, the universe is just too big and there is intelligent life out there. I'm not sure if science will ever find enough evidence to prove it but that doesn't mean that something isn't out there.

Earth is the only planet in our solar system that's inhabitable. I believe most other solar systems out there have a planet that's in the right spot like ours is where life flurishes in some form. It's rather arrogant of people to think otherwise.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 06:15 PM)
QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 8 2011, 06:32 PM)
I'm totally on board with the idea that there is intelligent life out there, I just don't believe any of it has showed up here yet.

Well like I keep saying soon your wish will be granted and no one will talk about this anymore. Be patient, good things come to he who waits.

smile.gif

I'm looking forward to it laugh.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 8 2011, 07:56 PM)
From a NASA page:

...in 1999 the Hubble Space Telescope estimated that there were 125 billion galaxies in the universe, and recently with the new camera HST has observed 3,000 visible galaxies, which is twice as much as they observed before with the old camera. We're emphasizing "visible" because observations with radio telescopes, infrared cameras, x-ray cameras, etc. would detect other galaxies that are not detected by Hubble.

From universetoday.com:

When you look up into the night sky, it seems like you can see a lot of stars. There are about 2,500 stars visible to the naked eye at any one point at any one time on the Earth, and 5,800-8,000 total visible stars. But this is a very tiny fraction of the stars the Milky Way is thought to have! Astronomers estimate that there are 200 billion to 400 billion stars contained within the Milky Way.

SOOOO, 200 to 400 billion stars in this galaxy, 125 billion galaxies in the universe.

It's simple math. The numbers rapidly start approaching infinity. Using 300 billion times 125 billion, I come up with 37,500,000,000,000,000,000,000 or 37 sextillion, 500 quintillion aka a f*cking SHITLOAD of stars.

Scientists have already discovered planets around other stars in our galaxy, and we're just beginning to discover them. From wiki:

An extrasolar planet, or exoplanet, is a planet outside the Solar System. As of November 7, 2011, 697 extrasolar planets (in 573 planetary systems and 81 multiple-planet systems) have been identified.

Just because some want to believe our planet is the center of all creation supporting the only intelligent life in the universe doesn't make it so. Some people will never believe anything else exists until it lands in their living room and does a song and dance for them, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

The government release does not say aliens don't exist so I'm a little baffled by your post....

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 8 2011, 07:31 PM)
Earth is the only planet in our solar system that's inhabitable. I believe most other solar systems out there have a planet that's in the right spot like ours is where life flurishes in some form. It's rather arrogant of people to think otherwise.

I hate to be pedantic here but there's only one "solar" system because there's only one star called Sol, that's ours. Every other system in the galaxy and the universe is simply a star system, but not a solar system. If you wanted to be specific you'd refer to another system as the Wolf System or the Barnard system, or the Epsilon Eridani system and so on...

And that's just what we call them. To some entity somewhere in the middle of the Andromeda galaxy, our star is not called Sol at all, or "the Sun" it could well be called XK43546567 or Yareeeeekortapiyk or something constructed with letters that we can't even imagine or understand...

cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 08:53 PM)

I hate to be pedantic here but there's only one "solar" system because there's only one star called Sol, that's ours. Every other system in the galaxy and the universe is simply a star system, but not a solar system. If you wanted to be specific you'd refer to another system as the Wolf System or the Barnard system, or the Epsilon Eridani system and so on...

And that's just what we call them. To some entity somewhere in the middle of the Andromeda galaxy, our star is not called Sol at all, or "the Sun" it could well be called XK43546567 or Yareeeeekortapiyk or something constructed with letters that we can't even imagine or understand...

cool10.gif

Or they could commit the Star Trek fail and call our system the "Terran system."

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 8 2011, 07:56 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 08:53 PM)

cool10.gif

Or they could commit the Star Trek fail and call our system the "Terran system."

Hmmm, isn't that only in the mirror universe though??

unsure.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 06:53 PM)
To some entity somewhere in the middle of the Andromeda galaxy, our star is not called Sol at all, or "the Sun" it could well be called XK43546567 or Yareeeeekortapiyk or something constructed with letters that we can't even imagine or understand...

cool10.gif

Or Sally. I like to think that in come distant galaxy, some creature is looking at our star and calling it Sally.

Because why the hell not. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Clearly the administration is lying. An intrepid reporter and photographer have already blown their story out of the water.

http://www.concurringopinions.com/archives/images/WWN%20cover.jpg

Really, who do they think is buying the official story? confused13.gif

And in a blow to millions of conspiracy theorists, the member of Barack Obama's administration, also said there was no credible information to suggest evidence of alien life is being kept from the public.

The unusual comments were contained in a response by senior space policy and communications official Phil Larson to several petitions lodged on a White House website.

"The US government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race," Mr Larson wrote.

"In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.

"Many scientists and mathematicians have ... come to the conclusion that the odds are pretty high that somewhere among the trillions and trillions of stars in the universe there is a planet other than ours that is home to life.

"Many have also noted, however, that the odds of us making contact with any of them - especially any intelligent ones - are extremely small, given the distances involved.

"But that's all statistics and speculation. The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth."

The statement was issued in response to two petitions, which a total of 17,000 signatures, calling on the Government to disclose knowledge of extraterrestrial beings and contact with them.

The White House has started a new initiative called "We the People" by allowing people to submit petitions to their government, and pledged to respond to some that get a significant following.

cool10.gif

I was part of a petition that was removed, but completely credible.

user posted image

QUOTE (Litehawk @ Nov 8 2011, 08:27 PM)

cool10.gif

I was part of a petition that was removed, but completely credible.

user posted image

I'm assuming the evolution/creationism thing is only in public schools, correct?

Don't want to get into an argument here, just wondering.