There are no aliens on Earth: White House

treeduck

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (treeduck @ Nov 8 2011, 02:01 PM)
'No Aliens On Earth' Says Senior Obama Official

A senior White House official has insisted there is "no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth".

And in a blow to millions of conspiracy theorists, the member of Barack Obama's administration, also said there was no credible information to suggest evidence of alien life is being kept from the public.

The unusual comments were contained in a response by senior space policy and communications official Phil Larson to several petitions lodged on a White House website.

"The US government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race," Mr Larson wrote.

"In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public's eye.

"Many scientists and mathematicians have ... come to the conclusion that the odds are pretty high that somewhere among the trillions and trillions of stars in the universe there is a planet other than ours that is home to life.

"Many have also noted, however, that the odds of us making contact with any of them - especially any intelligent ones - are extremely small, given the distances involved.

"But that's all statistics and speculation. The fact is we have no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth."

The statement was issued in response to two petitions, which a total of 17,000 signatures, calling on the Government to disclose knowledge of extraterrestrial beings and contact with them.

The White House has started a new initiative called "We the People" by allowing people to submit petitions to their government, and pledged to respond to some that get a significant following.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/no-aliens-earth-s...-012017299.html

cool10.gif

A senior White House official has insisted there is "no credible evidence of extraterrestrial presence here on Earth".

Told ya!

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 9 2011, 08:38 AM)
I know of too many people who have had close encounters with things that were not of this earth.

Prove it.

Believing is irrelevant. Anecdotal stories are irrelevant. We need to KNOW that those close encounters were of alien origin. Please provide physical evidence - not rhetoric, but physical evidence.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Nov 9 2011, 08:53 AM)
I know of too many people who have had close encounters with things that were not of this earth.

Prove it.

Believing is irrelevant. Anecdotal stories are irrelevant. We need to KNOW that those close encounters were of alien origin. Please provide physical evidence - not rhetoric, but physical evidence.

Well that's what it really comes down to, isn't it? There's no proof, only people's words to go on - and you either believe it or you don't. Goobs believes it. I don't. It's pretty much just that simple. Ideally, it doesn't go any further than that - religion has proven over the past many thousands of years what happens when people are willing to hurt each other over their unprovable beliefs.

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 9 2011, 10:30 AM)

Prove it.

Well that's what it really comes down to, isn't it? There's no proof, only people's words to go on - and you either believe it or you don't. Goobs believes it. I don't. It's pretty much just that simple. Ideally, it doesn't go any further than that - religion has proven over the past many thousands of years what happens when people are willing to hurt each other over their unprovable beliefs.

Agree 100%. smile.gif

I never accuse anyone of lying, being delusional, or hallucinating. It's not necessary (and it's very rude). I do, however, challenge people to support their claims with real proof.

People often use faulty logic in their arguments. That's just how it is, especially when it comes to epistemological proofs. Carl Sagan said it best: "I don't want to believe. I want to know. "

Edited by Workaholic Man

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 9 2011, 12:50 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 9 2011, 11:55 AM)
Not to completely derail the topic but Worf mentioned it in the Best of Both Worlds which is not in a mirror universe.

I thought the Best of Both Worlds episode was the one where Worf had a menage a trois with a Vulcan princess and Commander Riker's kid brother.

if that's your idea of the "best of both worlds" then I guess I don't know what to say.

QUOTE (tel @ Nov 9 2011, 06:11 AM)
doubters,take 42 seconds to look at this and please explain what you are seeing, note these objects are LEAVING earths atmosphere so please NO ice crystal/space junk bullshit.

http://youtu.be/e0Ii5Rc6Sv4

I did not see a fleet. I saw light or objects reflecting light. Impossible to tell location or scale. They could have been hundreds of miles away or a few feet.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 9 2011, 12:05 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 8 2011, 07:14 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 8 2011, 09:44 PM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 8 2011, 05:47 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 8 2011, 07:56 PM)
From a NASA page:

...in 1999 the Hubble Space Telescope estimated that there were 125 billion galaxies in the universe, and recently with the new camera HST has observed 3,000 visible galaxies, which is twice as much as they observed before with the old camera. We're emphasizing "visible" because observations with radio telescopes, infrared cameras, x-ray cameras, etc. would detect other galaxies that are not detected by Hubble.

From universetoday.com:

When you look up into the night sky, it seems like you can see a lot of stars. There are about 2,500 stars visible to the naked eye at any one point at any one time on the Earth, and 5,800-8,000 total visible stars. But this is a very tiny fraction of the stars the Milky Way is thought to have! Astronomers estimate that there are 200 billion to 400 billion stars contained within the Milky Way.

SOOOO, 200 to 400 billion stars in this galaxy, 125 billion galaxies in the universe.

It's simple math. The numbers rapidly start approaching infinity. Using 300 billion times 125 billion, I come up with 37,500,000,000,000,000,000,000 or 37 sextillion, 500 quintillion aka a f*cking SHITLOAD of stars.

Scientists have already discovered planets around other stars in our galaxy, and we're just beginning to discover them. From wiki:

An extrasolar planet, or exoplanet, is a planet outside the Solar System. As of November 7, 2011, 697 extrasolar planets (in 573 planetary systems and 81 multiple-planet systems) have been identified.

Just because some want to believe our planet is the center of all creation supporting the only intelligent life in the universe doesn't make it so. Some people will never believe anything else exists until it lands in their living room and does a song and dance for them, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

The government release does not say aliens don't exist so I'm a little baffled by your post....

It's more directed to the people on the board who refuse to believe alien life have visited earth or even exists at all. This isn't the first time this topic has been broached on Random Samples, so forgive me for viewing this as a continuation of this discussion as opposed to a brand new topic.

I do admit it didn't occur to me that they weren't saying no alien life exists period, just that it hasn't visited earth to their knowledge. That really doesn't change what I've said. I still maintain that if they have been covering things up (the government cover things up - no way! wink.gif ), they wouldn't admit to it. That kind of goes against the whole definition of a cover-up.

With the millions and millions and millions of people who've had some kind of experiences with UFO's, some of whom are on this board even, I refuse to believe that they haven't been visiting us for quite awhile, and that the government (or many governments) don't know about it. Many governments have even released mountains of paperwork about unexplained or unexplainable phenomena. You either think it's all BS, that millions of people are lying or deluded and that everything can be scientifically explained or you don't.

And, just because it's screamingly obvious to me that not only alien life exists and that they've been visiting us for a long time, the exact opposite is screamingly obvious to other people. Welcome to the human race and our current state of evolution - extreme polarization.

I wasn;t being argumentative, I really didn;t understand your point. The amount of information you added kind of shows why...

Well I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If you're implying I have a major agenda on the topic, then of course you're absolutely right.

No, it sounded like you were arguing with someone saying that the government was saying there were not aliens when they were only saying they had no evidence of aliens. of course, at this point you have people arguing so go at it.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Nov 9 2011, 07:53 AM)

Prove it.

You know I can't give you physical proof you'd believe any sooner than I can give you proof that God exists. Sorry that no one gave me any artifacts that would make you happy. wink.gif

You believe or disbelieve based on your individual experience. If that means you won't believe anything you can't see, smell and taste based on your individual criteria, then that's your life and you're entitled.

From my perspective, belief is not required for something that exists to exist. My worldview often incorporates Shakespere from Hamlet: "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Nov 9 2011, 08:30 AM)

Prove it.

Well, while I enjoy a good fiery debate, I hardly would come to blows over the issue! tongue.gif

Seriously, people are entitled to believe or disbelief whatever they want. I do have a strong opinion, and I express it, but like I said before, no one's really going to convince anyone of much of anything on this issue in the end.

This quote from Simon & Garfunkel goes for everyone (myself included): "A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest."

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 10 2011, 07:39 AM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Nov 9 2011, 12:50 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Nov 9 2011, 11:55 AM)
Not to completely derail the topic but Worf mentioned it in the Best of Both Worlds which is not in a mirror universe.

I thought the Best of Both Worlds episode was the one where Worf had a menage a trois with a Vulcan princess and Commander Riker's kid brother.

if that's your idea of the "best of both worlds" then I guess I don't know what to say.

No man you got me wrong. MY 'best of both worlds' would be 7 of 9 and one of those sexy green alien chicks. What Worf does in his free time is his own business. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Nov 9 2011, 06:22 PM)
You believe or disbelieve based on your individual experience.  If that means you won't believe anything you can't see, smell and taste based on your individual criteria, then that's your life and you're entitled. 

Believing or disbelieving has nothing to do with it. Scientific scrutiny is all about KNOWING that something is true. Give me real physical proof, and I will KNOW that alien life exists. I will then jump for joy, because I think it would be fantastic! 1022.gif

My "individual criteria" ? confused13.gif I have no individual criteria. Proving the physical existence of something requires empirical evidence. This holds true for anyone....in the scientific community as well as in daily life. No one can bullshit their way around it.

If you have no artifacts or physical proof of an alien encounter, then you have NOTHING. It has nothing to do with my believing or disbelieving.

If you can't back up your claims with physical evidence, then you're just wasting everyone's time. schla03.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Nov 8 2011, 10:23 PM)
It was my understanding that in Star Trek (regular universe) they called Earth's star system the "Sol System".
Not sure about the Mirror Universe but they were called "Terrans" for sure over there.

The sol system is what we actually call our solar system today. Other science fiction shows/games have used it too such as Star Trek and Mass Effect. In the mirror universe, anything revolving around humans is Terran, Terran system included. It was mentioned in one of the DS9 Mirror episodes, I think it was in "Crossover".