last movie you watched

sonicjams

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb414/lyndseyg2112/null-149.jpg

Not bad... Felt a bit rushed. I didn't know it was a D C Comics though...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/Donnie_Darko_poster.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/Darkwaterposter.jpg

Hello fellow Manc !

A few questions Treeduck .

What was your thoughts on Clive Barker `s Books Of Blood ?

Have you seen the brilliant Midnight Meat Train ?

Are you a Barker fan ? (as for I am !)

And .

Was Donnie Darko the frist time you`ve watched it , if not have you worked it out yet ? (For I`m still working on it )

Sorry if I`ve asked to many questions . :scared:

Book of Blood the film? It was ok, maybe a bit of a weak ending. The Books of Blood the short story collections are excellent.

The Meat Train film was pretty good.

I was a Barker fan, at first. The Books of Blood, The Damnation Game, Weaveworld, Cabal and the Great and Secret Show are all good stuff. But he started going in too much of an out there fantasy direction for me after that. So basically I liked him in the 80's but not so much after that.

Yeah that's the first time I've seen that one. It made no sense to me really, but it was interesting to watch.

• Like 1

Elyseum (sp?)

Overall, a pretty good sci-fi movie though the ending was predictable. I thought the first 3rd of the movie was especially well-done.

• Like 1

^ Have you seen them all now? If so your fave? We should have a Batman thread really.

Out of the Tim Burton/Joel Shitemaker series definitely the 1989 one with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. I'll have to watch the first two again, I haven't seen them for over 10 years, maybe longer.

Saw Jack Nicholson Batman a few years ago and it hasn't really held up. But that one was easily the best of those Burton Schumacher films.

They f*cked up using Arnie. He was still built then so he should've been used in more of a physical way [read as: Bane]. If they had such a hard on to use Arnie then I would've had him and only him vs. Bats and Robin (since Robin was already in the films by part 4). No Poison Ivy, no Mr.Freeze, and no Batgirl

^ Have you seen them all now? If so your fave? We should have a Batman thread really.

Out of the Tim Burton/Joel Shitemaker series definitely the 1989 one with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicholson. I'll have to watch the first two again, I haven't seen them for over 10 years, maybe longer.

Saw Jack Nicholson Batman a few years ago and it hasn't really held up. But that one was easily the best of those Burton Schumacher films.

They f*cked up using Arnie. He was still built then so he should've been used in more of a physical way [read as: Bane]. If they had such a hard on to use Arnie then I would've had him and only him vs. Bats and Robin (since Robin was already in the films by part 4). No Poison Ivy, no Mr.Freeze, and no Batgirl

And no Clooney!

And no Clooney!

Of course!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/db/Donnie_Darko_poster.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/Darkwaterposter.jpg

Hello fellow Manc !

A few questions Treeduck .

What was your thoughts on Clive Barker `s Books Of Blood ?

Have you seen the brilliant Midnight Meat Train ?

Are you a Barker fan ? (as for I am !)

And .

Was Donnie Darko the frist time you`ve watched it , if not have you worked it out yet ? (For I`m still working on it )

Sorry if I`ve asked to many questions . :scared:

Book of Blood the film? It was ok, maybe a bit of a weak ending. The Books of Blood the short story collections are excellent.

The Meat Train film was pretty good.

I was a Barker fan, at first. The Books of Blood, The Damnation Game, Weaveworld, Cabal and the Great and Secret Show are all good stuff. But he started going in too much of an out there fantasy direction for me after that. So basically I liked him in the 80's but not so much after that.

Yeah that's the first time I've seen that one. It made no sense to me really, but it was interesting to watch.

Yeh, same here , I kinda lost the faith after The Great And Secret Show .

They did another "Book Of Blood " Film , Dread , which was`nt to bad . :)

WWZ.

Passable but disappointing how unlike the book it is. The book's form is better suited to a mini-series but oh well. I'll probably go and read it a third time now.

Oh, I almost always dislike Pitt but he was tolerable in this. Some good moments of tension in this at least

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/48/Clockwork_orangeA.jpg

Still perfect after watching it a billion times.I fear the day when it gets remade.

Anyone who tries a remake is an idiot!

As well as everything else I like the way it's narrated by McDowell, and I don't normally like narration in films.

Dirty Harry

I don't get why it is considered a "classic"

:finbar: :huh:

Because it's f***ing good! It has an exciting script with lots of interesting subplots, a mega cool hero, a bunch of solid performances from supporting players like John Vernon and one of the best psychopath portrayals on celluloid from Andy Robinson.

• Like 2