last movie you watched

sonicjams

duck, what'd you think of EXP2? I only liked the Van Damme/Sly showdown. Ahnold and Bruce were too cheesed out (even for them!!!)

Yeah the one-liners from Arnie were weak and stupid and his whole role was totally daft. It was like he was the retirement home incaration of Arnie gone senile, same with Bruce. Chuck Norris reminded me of the parody version of Colonel Troutman from Hot Shots. I was expecting him to start trying some Airplane-like comedy routines any minute.

Meanwhile I thought Van Damme was good in this, and Sly and Statham too and I did enjoy the Sly-Van Damme fight. All in all it was ok, fairly entertaining, but not worth the hype. The story was your typical mercenary action fodder too, just that every other character was played by a well-known action star veteran. I watched this one all the way through though so it definitely beats the first one which was mega dull.

duck, what'd you think of EXP2? I only liked the Van Damme/Sly showdown. Ahnold and Bruce were too cheesed out (even for them!!!)

Yeah the one-liners from Arnie were weak and stupid and his whole role was totally daft. It was like he was the retirement home incaration of Arnie gone senile, same with Bruce. Chuck Norris reminded me of the parody version of Colonel Troutman from Hot Shots. I was expecting him to start trying some Airplane-like comedy routines any minute.

Meanwhile I thought Van Damme was good in this, and Sly and Statham too and I did enjoy the Sly-Van Damme fight. All in all it was ok, fairly entertaining, but not worth the hype. The story was your typical mercenary action fodder too, just that every other character was played by a well-known action star veteran. I watched this one all the way through though so it definitely beats the first one which was mega dull.

Yeah, I agree with all that.

Van Damme is better as a villain anyway (he needs to be Batroc). But check out JCVD if you haven't already. Van Damme ACTUALLY acts AND does a good job of it in that

Van Damme is better as a villain anyway (he needs to be Batroc). But check out JCVD if you haven't already. Van Damme ACTUALLY acts AND does a good job of it in that

They're supposed to be bringing Van Damme back for the next installment as the brother of the guy in part 2. Also Seagal is out, but Nick Cage is in, Mel Gibson, Wesley Snipes (fresh out of jail) and Jackie Chan are in too. Meanwhile Arnie, Jet Li, Statham and Dolph return. Not sure about Bruce.

They're supposed to be bringing Van Damme back for the next installment as the brother of the guy in part 2. Also Seagal is out, but Nick Cage is in, Mel Gibson, Wesley Snipes (fresh out of jail) and Jackie Chan are in too. Meanwhile Arnie, Jet Li, Statham and Dolph return. Not sure about Bruce.

Cage, Gibson, and Snipes have all done the action stuff but I don't know, they just don't seem to fit in with these guys. Ahnold and Bruce were shite in it but they did fit in that specific genre. Chan just seems too comical or lite for all of it.

Segal is probably too round to move around these days...no idea about him. He has made a shitload of action films in Japan though; used to have a dojo in town too

Cage, Gibson, and Snipes have all done the action stuff but I don't know, they just don't seem to fit in with these guys. Ahnold and Bruce were shite in it but they did fit in that specific genre. Chan just seems too comical or lite for all of it.

Segal is probably too round to move around these days...no idea about him. He has made a shitload of action films in Japan though; used to have a dojo in town too

I'm pretty sure Chan is definitely signed up, he quibbled a bit but not about money it was about the size of his role. I think Sly wants to get every action star involved in this "franchise". Mel Gibson I agree doesn't fit, I think Snipes does though even though he wasn't purely an action star. Cage I don't know what to make of him these days.

The Life of Pi. Interesting movie. I liked it, but I kept thinking that there should be more? And the animated tiger was kind of annoying.

The Impossible

Naomi Watts is my favorite working non American actress and gives another great performance as living proof. Very touching true story about family and the human spirit.

Walk Hard

Needed something funny after watching a good yet depressing at times movie like Impossible so I re watched it since I noticed it was on Comedy Central.

"And you never once paid for drugs! Not once!" :LOL:

I watched this in XD theater, wow was I surprised. I read the mixed reviews and had tempered hopes but this kicked major azz. No let up full of action and a fresh take from the previous source material.

http://www.legendary.com/uploads/films/man-of-steel/mos_glyph_hires.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9c/Usual_suspects_ver1.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5b/Abduction_Poster.jpg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0e/Shoot_em_up_ver2.jpg

I watched this in XD theater, wow was I surprised. I read the mixed reviews and had tempered hopes but this kicked major azz. No let up full of action and a fresh take from the previous source material.

Man, I'm so glad you said that. I'm seeing this tonight however the distinct lack of a "Wow, I just saw Man of Steel!" thread here had me worried it was terrible. Rottentomatoes was so/so the other day but to me a Rush fan's review is worth like 5 critic's reviews anyhow.

The Life of Pi. Interesting movie. I liked it, but I kept thinking that there should be more? And the animated tiger was kind of annoying.

The animation is a turn-off but I keep hearing how good the movie is overall. I have to see it.

Edited by Steevo

Man, I'm so glad you said that. I'm seeing this tonight however the distinct lack of a "Wow, I just saw Man of Steel!" thread here had me worried it was terrible. Rottentomatoes was so/so the other day but to me a Rush fan's review is worth like 5 critic's reviews anyhow.

Don't know about all that but I did like 300 and Watchmen

In a strange twist, I ended up seeing MOON instead of Man of Steel last night. Damn, that was a good movie and not at all what I thought it was going to be like. Good Sci-Fi for those who like slow burners over hi-octane.
  • Like 1

In a strange twist, I ended up seeing MOON instead of Man of Steel last night. Damn, that was a good movie and not at all what I thought it was going to be like. Good Sci-Fi for those who like slow burners over hi-octane.

That was my favorite drama of 2009 not nominated for best picture at the Oscars and shame on them for snubbing the underrated Rockwell as well.

http://showwatcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/the_divide2.jpg

Definitely good!! One of the best "people trapped in a room while WWIII outside" thrillers I've ever seen. Grrrrreat acting and Michael Biehn is so badass!!!!