People with office jobs....

Lost In Xanadu

I have an office job. I have a mug for tea, and another for water. I don't drink caffeinated beverages. Others here have 1 mug for everything. Some people wash them, some people don't. What are your habits as to you mugs in the office.

For me - I wash my tea mug immediately after use because the honey makes a mess when it sits. I wash my water mug every morning cuz I don't trust the cleaning people smile.gif They spray a lot of stuff on the desks, so I don't want to end up drinking that stuff.

I have a stainless steel coffee cup. I fill it at home with real coffee. When I finish it, I refill with Starbucks that we brew in our department (The AA orders packets of Starbucks coffee for us). In the afternoon, I switch to water or unsweetened ice tea, and I use a Styrofoam cup from the cafeteria that I save from lunch.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 21 2011, 12:03 PM)
I drink bourbon. Straight from the bottle. Sometimes I take a napkin and wipe off the neck of the bottle. Or my chin. I think....

Is your company hiring? trink39.gif

I drink bourbon. Straight from the bottle. Sometimes I take a napkin and wipe off the neck of the bottle. Or my chin. I think....

goodpost.gif

I have a cup for water and a mug for tea. I don't drink coffee and seldom drink tea (which I rinse after each use).

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Oct 21 2011, 12:58 PM)
...I refill with Starbucks that we brew in our department (The AA orders packets of Starbucks coffee for us)...

You guys hiring? Primo coffee for free. Nice! I am sure this is just one perk of a successful business. yes.gif

I have a plastic lided mug for ice and water, and a ceramic coffee mug for coffee. I will give both a daily rinse out with scalding hot water from a hot/cold water dispenser in our floor's kitchenette. I don't use dish soap.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 21 2011, 12:25 PM)
...I refill with Starbucks that we brew in our department (The AA orders packets of Starbucks coffee for us)...

You guys hiring? Primo coffee for free. Nice! I am sure this is just one perk of a successful business. yes.gif

Our office use to serve free Starbucks (the only kind of Starbucks I drink). Then after they got me hooked they stopped serving it (and switched to a less expensive coffee). I almost had to go to rehab.

We get the free Starbuck's too. We have a dishwasher in the kitchen which also has a full set of mugs and water glasses, so I get a clean one every day without having to wash it myself.

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Oct 21 2011, 12:48 PM)
We get the free Starbuck's too. We have a dishwasher in the kitchen which also has a full set of mugs and water glasses, so I get a clean one every day without having to wash it myself.

HOLY CRAP!! That pretty much rocks. There was a place I interviewed at that had that setup. They had a ping pong table and a fooseball table in there too along with a smoothie maker.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Oct 21 2011, 01:09 PM)

Is your company hiring? trink39.gif

yes.gif I think we can find a spot for you. Are you good at counting lots and lots of money?

Back when I worked in an office, I washed my coffee mug out right after I was done using it, and I kept it locked in my desk drawer overnight.

QUOTE (Gompers @ Oct 21 2011, 12:25 PM)

I'm sure our company is hiring...but I'm not sure if our IT department is. The free coffee is a nice perk of being in IT. They take care of us. smile.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Oct 21 2011, 01:48 PM)

This is what I have at work too, except the coffee isn't Starbuck's. I drink my 1-2 cups of coffee at home and then drink bottled water at work. No mugs to worry about wink.gif

QUOTE (Digital Man @ Oct 21 2011, 12:48 PM)

We have the same set up. Our coffee is Green Mountain. You put your mug in the dishwasher and some guy comes around and cleans up and runs the dishwasher every day about 3oclock.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 22 2011, 11:37 AM)
No mug, cup, glass, or thermos. I just rip the next person's head off and drink straight from the throat just like I did with the last victim.

laugh.gif so, no washing up then?!

I work in a hotel. We share mugs and put them in the washing up area when we are done. I drink water from a bottle in the afternoon.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Oct 21 2011, 01:11 PM)
yes.gif I think we can find a spot for you. Are you good at counting lots and lots of money?

Got any offices in (or near) Syracuse, NY? I'm a bank teller and do nothing BUT count lots and lots of money all day.

I usually use one of the mugs in the cupboard at work (almost always the same one; I don't think anyone else uses it anymore). Usually for coffee, sometimes for water. Sometimes I'll use a disposable cup for water. Almost always wash it by hand and put it away when I'm done using it for the day. If I don't have a chance to wash it, I'll leave it on my station overnight.

Once in awhile, I won't be finished with my first cup of coffee when I leave home, and I'll bring my mug from home to work and use it the rest of the day. I either wash it at work, or take it home and rinse it out there. The nice thing about doing this is customers get to see some of my mugs from home (see the "Post Your Mugs" thread in the food section to see 'em, with the exception of my new 2112 mug I didn't have yet).

We have some off brand of coffee at work. Some people are picky about it, but I don't care. coffee.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

My company has this cheap coffee from "Trademark". Naysty.

Our coffee makers are also very dirty. I looked inside one once and it looked like it was lined with shit. I tried to clean it but it's hopeless...

I'm definitely getting my own little coffeemaker for my desk, with my own store bought coffee.

As for mugs, I don't really like styrofoam, so I prefer to have a regular coffee mug that I wash everyday. I actually made my own coffee mug out of Corian when I was still working in Connecticut. I got to get that back from my parents...