Our own version of THAT METAL SHOW throwdown

BeOhBe Bob

Permanent waves or Moving Pictures better album?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Permanent waves or Moving Pictures better album?

• Permanent Waves
    • Moving Pictures

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 10 2011, 08:38 AM)

And I can't stand Witch Hunt. It's boring.

Witch Hunt? Boring? ohmy.gif I can't believe that your computer didn't blow up when you typed that. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (MCM @ Oct 10 2011, 08:48 PM)

Witch Hunt? Boring? ohmy.gif I can't believe that your computer didn't blow up when you typed that. ph34r.gif

I didn't really care for it until I saw them play it live this year. All of a sudden it just clicked for me. Epic song 1022.gif

Moving Pictures.

At their peaks, they're equals. But Permanent Waves has Jacob's Ladder, a song which I've always found to be about 3 minutes too long. The riffs are played overandoverandoverandover. I get it, we're supposed to be toking up while you do that, but I don't have anything available, so it just sounds redundant.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 10 2011, 06:59 PM)

I didn't really care for it until I saw them play it live this year. All of a sudden it just clicked for me. Epic song 1022.gif

I liked it better live, too - but that's not saying much. I just don't care for it generally confused13.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Oct 10 2011, 11:04 PM)
QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Oct 10 2011, 06:59 PM)

I liked it better live, too - but that's not saying much. I just don't care for it generally confused13.gif

I liked the lyrics initially, but after seeing it live it did become epic and one of my favorites. It was towards the top of my list before, but moved up considerably after this past tour.

As said many times, by many people, that's the beauty of this band, so much for everyone.

Voted for PW because it is the underdog. Both albums are perfect. Its very hard to decide between the two. I think Jacob's Ladder and Natural Science decided it for me. And SOTR, that song makes me mark out every time I hear it. MP may have Camera Eye and Tom Sawyer, but Witch Hunt kills it for me. I just never could get into that song. Its not bad, it just doesn't seem to fit to me.

QUOTE (SunlightOnChrome @ Oct 10 2011, 04:45 PM)
I have to vote PW. As a Rush fan I'm a non-conformist. The popular choice would be MP, therefore I am forced to vote for PW.

Plus, it has TSOR.

You filthy hipster you! beathorse.gif

tongue.gif

These and Hemispheres are my three favorite albums...11 of the songs on these two records are in my top 25...and 10 make up half my top 20. I voted for PeW, which alternates with Hemispheres as my favorite Rush album (and favorite album of all time).

Ranking the songs....

1. Nat Sci

2. YYZ

3. Freewill

4. Red Barchetta

5. TSOR

6. Entre Nous

7. Vital Signs

8. Witch Hunt

9. Limelight

10. Jacob's Ladder

11. The Camera Eye (I bet I'll catch flak for having this so low, but look at the competition!)

12. Tom Sawyer

13. Different Strings

Edited by laughedatbytime

QUOTE (Rush Cocky @ Oct 12 2011, 09:14 AM)
QUOTE (Can-Utility @ Oct 12 2011, 07:05 AM)
PeW by far, not a single bad spot on it, can't be said for MP

So what's the bad spot on MP?

Jacob's Ladder

... oh, wait. eyesre4.gif