Easiest Rush Song

Nate2112

Tom Sawyer is not that easy. The dum dum du dum part is obviously easy but the rest of the song is at least medium difficulty and the solo is a bit challenging due to some of the unusual licks. Closer to the Heart is probably the easiest, even the solo is very melodic and not that fast.

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Sep 6 2011, 06:11 PM)
Give In the End a shot. My grandma could probably play that (except for the solo) and she's dead. unsure.gif

Agreeing with In The End.

Making Memmories isn't so hard either.

2112 overture! The solo is the only thing difficult. The only thing that rivels that in easyness is Far Cry

QUOTE (ChiliFan @ Sep 6 2011, 11:36 PM)
The easiest song is clearly Tears.

yes.gif

That was one of the first ones I could play all the way through.

I've just picked the guitar up again last fall after a 30 year gap. There are many songs I can play bits of - anything from just a lick to most of it. But the ones I can play all the way through number about half a dozen. And if I can play them, they must be easy:

Closer To The Heart

Resist (acoustic)

Bravado

Faithless

How It Is

Tears

I'm going to try some of the other ones thath have been suggested, now wink.gif

These are what I can play on my acoustic. I'm mostly a bass player and keyboardist, so I don't do guitar solos. I do like playing without a pick, so there's a lot of songs below with finger work, so don't know if that makes it easier or harder for you. Can you read music? Or tab? Or do you go by ear alone?

These songs I consider "easy to intermediate". They aren't hard technically, you just need lots of memorization of Lerxst chords and riffs. A lot of these are singable too, which makes if perfect for solo acoustic guitar. Years of enjoyment! Guaranteed, or your money back!

Broon's Bane

The Trees

Xanadu

Jacob's Ladder

Discovery

Oracle: The Dream

Soliloquy*

Heart and Mind (easy!)*

Cygnus: Bringer of Balance

The Sphere*

Closer to the Heart

Different Strings (current favorite)

Freewill (minus solo, of course)

Tide Pool/HyperSpace* (surprise!)

Later on, you might surprise yourself by learning YYZ, Red Barchetta, and even La Villa Strangiato. Simpler versions of The Spirit of Radio, A Passage to Bangkok, and New World Man are fun. I better stop now, before I mention High Water, Chain Lightning, Dreamline, and Cut to the Chase...

coffee.gif

* easiest songs

Later on, you might surprise yourself by learning YYZ, Red Barchetta, and even La Villa Strangiato. Simpler versions of The Spirit of Radio, A Passage to Bangkok, and New World Man are fun. I better stop now, before I mention High Water, Chain Lightning, Dreamline, and Cut to the Chase...

I surprised myself when I learned to play most of La Villa. The tabs are what did it for me. The day I played the harmonics at the beginning of Red Barchetta was another moment for me. I can also do most of High Water and Prime Mover.

But you do learn that hitting the notes and playing them are not necessarily the same thing wink.gif

I teach guitar lessons and a few months ago one of my students came in and wanted to learn Working Man. Other than the solo, it is pretty straightforward and slow enough to master pretty quickly.

Believe it or not, Circumstances is a very easy song, its just a freight train that if you mess up on, its very obvious. The hardest part about it is playing the melody before the chorus. When you get it right and are on time with it, its a good feeling but you have no time to celebrate it because the chorus comes barreling in and you need to get that right.

Subdivisions is not that hard either.

QUOTE (Perchance to Dream @ Sep 6 2011, 06:11 PM)
Give In the End a shot.  My grandma could probably play that (except for the solo) and she's dead.  unsure.gif

Another vote for "In The End." Lots of power chords that are easy to play but sound really powerful. I prefer the 'All The World's A Stage' arrangement, which doesn't have the key change the studio version does (if I'm remembering correctly).

Hmmn, and the solo isn't that hard, as far as Alex solos go.