Hollywood Walk of Fame BANS Reality TV stars

ALifeson85

Nice to hear that Hollywood made ONE right choice lately, and decided to exclude reality TV stars from being eligible to make the Hollywood Walk of Fame....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/25/h...l?ncid=webmail2

Also kinda makes me respect Hollywood a bit MORE, since they recently gave RUSH a star on the WoF trink38.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

Smart choice. "Reality stars" don't belong there.

Rush does, however, and there's another example of "Hollywood making a right choice lately."

I'm just waiting for a reality star to scream "discrimination!"

I mean aren't we supposed to all be equal? wacko.gif

Edited by circumstantial tree

Thankfully someone decided to look up the definition of acting and compared it to the definition of being yourself on camera. Luckily for us the administration all agreed on the logical course of action.

I'll have to tell this to all the dummies I was talking to at the ice cream shop who watched Jersey Shore instead of Burn Notice tonight.

Jeffrey Donovan will be in the HoF WAAAAAY before any of those idiots from "Jersey"! tongue.gif

(Not to mention he's way hotter than any of those poser guys.)

Does it really make a difference? There's no "integrity" that would be lost. Look at some of the people that do have a star... it's not about movies or TV anymore, it's about paying enough money to get one.

QUOTE (invisible airwave @ Aug 26 2011, 12:20 PM)
QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Aug 25 2011, 07:59 PM)
Smart choice.  "Reality stars" don't belong there.

Rush does, however, and there's another example of "Hollywood making a right choice lately."

Now, if Cleveland would just wise the *%&$* up and take the hint.

R&RHOF is owned by Rolling Stone, it won't happen...ever.

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 26 2011, 04:47 AM)
I'll have to tell this to all the dummies I was talking to at the ice cream shop who watched Jersey Shore instead of Burn Notice tonight.
Jeffrey Donovan will be in the HoF WAAAAAY before any of those idiots from "Jersey"! tongue.gif

Don't go forgetting Bruce Campbell cool.gif

It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if there were a few reality stars...you know who you are, Kardashians, cast of Jersey Shore...were under the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 27 2011, 10:30 AM)
It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if there were a few reality stars...you know who you are, Kardashians, cast of Jersey Shore...were under the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

Don't hurt the Kardashians! Last I checked one of them made a very popular video that made it's way to the internet tongue.gif

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 27 2011, 09:23 AM)

Don't hurt the Kardashians! Last I checked one of them made a very popular video that made it's way to the internet tongue.gif

Well, their golden years (at least Kim's) have long passed.

Any use the Kardashians may have had in the past has long been superceded by the sheer annoyingness of their reality show...

QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 27 2011, 11:41 AM)

Any use the Kardashians may have had in the past has long been superceded by the sheer annoyingness of their reality show...

I never knew they took a recurring role on any televised program of quality. I just wanted to make a joke about Kim's sex tape.

Edited by USB Connector

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 27 2011, 09:53 AM)
QUOTE (laughedatbytime @ Aug 27 2011, 11:41 AM)

I never knew they took a recurring role on any televised program of quality. I just wanted to make a joke about Kim's sex tape.

trink39.gif

QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Aug 27 2011, 08:31 AM)

YESSS

He makes me laugh. laugh.gif I love him.

Probably my favourite character on the series, but of course Mikey and Fi are pretty awesome~ (;

Groovy! cool.gif

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Aug 27 2011, 12:46 PM)

YESSS

He makes me laugh. laugh.gif I love him.

Probably my favourite character on the series, but of course Mikey and Fi are pretty awesome~ (;

Wicked good series! I hate the wait between seasons.

And Sharon Gless as Michael's mother, Madeline (ooh, alliteration), is terrific. Her portrayal really is Emmy-worthy.