Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

The Big Money

Saw it, it's pretty interesting...but really just a set-up for a new Apes series...

Lots of nods to the original film: "Get your filthy paws of me you damn dirty ape" at the ape house, "it's a madhouse" also at the ape house and Caesar's mother is called Bright Eyes, which is what the apes called Chuck Heston in the original film.

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

John Lythgoe's character is just a plot device character. Most of the peripheral are very one dimensional.

Some very far fetched leaping ability demonstrated by the Gorilla on the bridge.

The apes were too CGI for my liking.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 11 2011, 11:24 PM)
Saw it, it's pretty interesting...but really just a set-up for a new Apes series...

Lots of nods to the original film: "Get your filthy paws of me you damn dirty ape" at the ape house, "it's a madhouse" also at the ape house and Caesar's mother is called Bright Eyes, which is what the apes called Chuck Heston in the original film.

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

John Lythgoe's character is just a plot device character. Most of the peripheral are very one dimensional.

Some very far fetched leaping ability demonstrated by the Gorilla on the bridge.

Would you have rather they used people in suits? That's some of the best CG I've seen.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 12 2011, 09:22 AM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

Would you have rather they used people in suits? That's some of the best CG I've seen.

You know, that's one great thing about Burton's Planet of the Apes. The apes looked amazing and they were basically men in suits.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 11 2011, 10:24 PM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

It's summer blockbuster man, sometimes you just have to enjoy them for what they are.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Sep 12 2011, 08:22 AM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

Yeah I just can't love the whole CGI thing in place of living characters, apes or not...

QUOTE (deadwing2112 @ Sep 12 2011, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 11 2011, 10:24 PM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

It's summer blockbuster man, sometimes you just have to enjoy them for what they are.

Well that doesn't stop me making observations...

wink.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 14 2011, 07:41 PM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

Yeah I just can't love the whole CGI thing in place of living characters, apes or not...

Me either, can't stand it. There is a place for CGI, like when there is just no way you could make something act a certain way on film at this time, for example like with all those machines in the Transformers movies. CGI all the way there, and I can expect something like that and watch it if I have to.

And like ReRushed said, Burton's film had men in suits for the most part looking very realistic. I can handle that part. So even though that film may supposedly be worse than the new one, I would watch it before I would any CGI film like this one.

A day will come when they will just churn out movies in CGI like cartoons on Saturday morning, no actors needed. The Oscars in 2015...And the award for best actor/actress goes to...some CGI piece of crap that doesn't even exist. tongue.gif

QUOTE (workingcinderellaman @ Sep 15 2011, 12:09 PM)
QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Sep 14 2011, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 14 2011, 07:41 PM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

Me either, can't stand it. There is a place for CGI, like when there is just no way you could make something act a certain way on film at this time, for example like with all those machines in the Transformers movies. CGI all the way there, and I can expect something like that and watch it if I have to.

And like ReRushed said, Burton's film had men in suits for the most part looking very realistic. I can handle that part. So even though that film may supposedly be worse than the new one, I would watch it before I would any CGI film like this one.

A day will come when they will just churn out movies in CGI like cartoons on Saturday morning, no actors needed. The Oscars in 2015...And the award for best actor/actress goes to...some CGI piece of crap that doesn't even exist. tongue.gif

Have you seen Rise?

There is a place for CGI, like when there is just no way you could make something act a certain way on film

http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/rise-of-the-apes.jpg

There's no way you could get this look from a guy wearing four inches of latex on his face or a robotic muppet.

I still think you can get that look, after a hell of a lot of time and work goes into doing it though, and that's the thing with CGI, it's like a shortcut to make things go quicker in film these days. In doing so, a lot of people's jobs are cut out in the process that used to be done.

It takes so long to do makeup to get someone to look like that anymore they just say hell with it, we can CGI it with a couple people sitting at a computer and get it done 25 times quicker. And by doing that, an actor doesn't have to sit in a chair for hours every day like he used to while the makeup is loaded onto him. It's a way out now. Ok, let's hurry up and draw that CGI so we can get this movie made faster with less cost to us and chunk it out there so we can start doing another one next week.

Very effective in sci-fi movies where they can't make actual robot machines 5 stories high fly around and crush buildings, etc. That beats those old Godzilla movies with guys in rubber suits all to hell so I don't mind that. I just don't like when they over do it and short cut things so much that a real actor gets cut out of the picture. I mean, who gets the best actor award for this movie, the Caesar CGI? That seems to be all I've heard about so far.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Sep 15 2011, 08:41 AM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

Burton's apes were the coolest looking of the lot but it was by far the worst film of all of them.

I just saw Rise of the P on a flight. It was decent. It's still nowhere near the level of the original with Heston but it's better than the others I think

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 21 2011, 07:01 AM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

Burton's apes were the coolest looking of the lot but it was by far the worst film of all of them.

I just saw Rise of the P on a flight. It was decent. It's still nowhere near the level of the original with Heston but it's better than the others I think

And the chick was hot too...

cool10.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 22 2011, 03:59 AM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

cool10.gif

hotdog millionaire

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 22 2011, 04:18 AM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

cool10.gif

hotdog millionaire

Yeah, but somehow she was hotter in this...

QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 22 2011, 06:24 PM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

cool10.gif

hotdog millionaire

made you rise eh

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 22 2011, 04:54 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Oct 22 2011, 06:24 PM)

Other observations:

The girl is hot!

cool10.gif

hotdog millionaire

made you rise eh

Aye like the planet of the duck decoys!

biggrin.gif

Got it, watched it. Fantastic movie, really good!

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Jan 29 2012, 11:26 PM)
Got it, watched it. Fantastic movie, really good!

Total agreement here!

The movie and premise to how we got to "Planet of the Apes" was brilliant. This movie needs a sequel and then a remake of the original "Planet of the Apes" but with apes, not people that look like apes. The special effects of this movie were some of the best I've ever seen. I remember going to the Columbus Zoo (in Ohio) and watching the apes swing from limb to limb and just holding my breath because I expected one of them to slip. Well watching this movie, they nailed the motion of the apes and their abilities to a T. Some of the best CGI I've seen. Even though you knew alot of it was CGI, it was hard to find it.