Kings of Leon meltdown

Looks like the singer for Kings of Leon is having some issues and they had to cancel their tour, this is a video from the last show they did in Dallas.

There have been plenty of tweets, but the overwhelming consensus is that the singer is having a hard time coming to grips with the fame that has hit Kings of Leon pretty hard and pretty quickly.

http://www.youtube.com/Trodmac

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Aug 9 2011, 07:15 PM)
Looks like the singer for Kings of Leon is having some issues and they had to cancel their tour, this is a video from the last show they did in Dallas.

There have been plenty of tweets, but the overwhelming consensus is that the singer is having a hard time coming to grips with the fame that has hit Kings of Leon pretty hard and pretty quickly.

Just watched the end of that video. The guy seems like a dick.

QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 9 2011, 07:34 PM)

I've never liked this talentless, terrible band. Hope they are done for good.

JMO

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 9 2011, 07:52 PM)
QUOTE (The_Necromancer_77 @ Aug 9 2011, 07:34 PM)

I've never liked this talentless, terrible band. Hope they are done for good.

JMO

Yeah I don't really know who they are. No wonder I haven't heard of them.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 10 2011, 06:42 AM)
Not sure what people are so pissed about with that video. Yes, even professional musicians get sick sometimes too, and can't finish a show. Am I missing something here?

I can't stand Kings of Leon, but this seems to be a pretty bizarre reason to hate on them.

Well it could be the fact that the singer cancelled the tour because of his drinking problem. I guess he is going to rehab.

QUOTE (invisibleairwaves @ Aug 10 2011, 06:42 AM)
Not sure what people are so pissed about with that video. Yes, even professional musicians get sick sometimes too, and can't finish a show. Am I missing something here?

I can't stand Kings of Leon, but this seems to be a pretty bizarre reason to hate on them.

Guessed you missed the parts where he talks about how "hot"(drunk) he is, and the talk of drinking beers and tequilla, and how "hot" he is...and that he's going back stage to vomit and drink more beer....guess he's got a bit of a problem....more power to him....one day at a time brother.

Edited by Invisible To Telescopic Eye

Yup, they canceled the tour because the singer has a substance problem. Not sure if it's alcohol, but sure seemed that way on stage.

There are worse popular bands today than Kings of Leon...they're nothing special to me, but I dont think they're as terrible as so many of you seem to think

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Aug 10 2011, 05:23 AM)
Shame. The debut was like an indie-Skynyrd, it was quite good....then they turned to shit. I'm amazed something so pedestrian could appeal to so many. Actually, I'm not.

Yeah, they kind of jumped the shark with Only By The Night. Come Around Sundown is better than OBTN but it's not saying much though.

I think Because Of The Times is their best.

Edited by invisible airwave

I was bummed to hear they cancelled their tour, but Caleb needs to get some help with his drinking. KoL is a great band. I'm not too crazy about their most popular songs like Use Somebody and Notion, but the rest of their stuff is pretty good, and Come Around Sundown is a nice raw album. Too bad, with Band of Horses it was going to be a great show.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Aug 10 2011, 09:14 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 10 2011, 03:34 PM)
This band suck the big hairy one...

062802puke_prv.gif

That elephant trunk ohmy.gif

"I was born in a trunk........."

Eddie Trunk?

Signed,

"Tobacco Road"

Spooky Tooth or DLR Band?

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 11 2011, 01:09 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 10 2011, 09:14 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif

Eddie Trunk?

Signed,

"Tobacco Road"

Eddie "The Funk Monk Hopped up on Junk" Trunk?

ohmy.gif

It's sad to see someone succumb to a drinking problem. At least he's getting help. Don't like the band, but come on...be decent and give him some kudos for that.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 10 2011, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Aug 11 2011, 01:09 AM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Aug 10 2011, 09:14 PM)

062802puke_prv.gif

Eddie Trunk?

Signed,

"Tobacco Road"

Eddie "The Funk Monk Hopped up on Junk" Trunk?

ohmy.gif

"The Funky Monks." Isn't that a Red Hot Chili Peppers dvd? "Blood Sugar Sex Magic."

Strange that my brain would think of this band.

I remember seeing the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Shoreline. Flea was so fuckkked up out of his mind that he stopped the show and started rambling.

He then told us that he was going to stick his finger down his throat and vomit.

He did. It was fuckking sick. Flea threw up all over the stage and then they started to play again.

Sorry kids, but this shit has been happening for decades. History truly does repeat itself, especially in rock and roll.

I don't wish the lead singer of this shitty band any ill will and I hope he can live a healthy life, but when it comes to the music of the Kings Of Peons, I personally want to vomit too.

The Kings Of Leon are a perfect example that says anyone can make fuckking money being in a worthless, talentless band.

JMO

Cliche but true.