Can anyone sing??

Lost In Xanadu

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. No one can sing. No one anywhere. Singing is a myth. Autotune has made sure of that.

Seriously though, what range and style are you looking for?

Male? Female? Tenor, alto, soprano, bass?

Throw us a bone, man! tongue.gif wink.gif

I can sing basso profundo.

Ticky has been telling me about his new blues band, "The Blues Harvesters of El Tickre" It features Ticky on vocals, marimba and elbow-tuned glockenspiel.

Ticky wears a polar bear outfit for the first half of the show and a purple rubber tux for the second half...

cool10.gif

Yeah I can sing pretty decent....in the shower..like everyone else!! laugh.gif

J/k..I can imitate Geddy fairly well,but thats imitating..Not the same

as lead vocal, obviously...but I enjoy singing just the same.

Edited by go2wrk@95974

While we're on the subject, how do you know if you can or can't sing? I think i can sing well, but my husband tells me I can't lol i never really sing good in front of others because I'm afraid to be told by others that I can't. I'll just be embarrassing myself lol

If you can't tell if you can sing or not then chances are more likely to be "no" rather than "yes." Many people can sing in a very limited range, meaning the distance from their lowest note to their highest note is not very wide. Someone like Kate Bush is alleged to have a 3-4 octave range which is extremely rare. I would estimate that Geddy's voice is somewhere around 2 octaves, give or take the era.

My personal range is probably an octave to and octave and a half, depending upon how much I've been at it and time of day. Later in the day is generally better for me after talking and warming up. If I am lucky.

The best way to tell if one can sing is to record and hear one's self. This is not for the faint of heart.

QUOTE (CygnusX-1Bk2 @ Aug 10 2011, 06:18 AM)
If you can't tell if you can sing or not then chances are more likely to be "no" rather than "yes." Many people can sing in a very limited range, meaning the distance from their lowest note to their highest note is not very wide. Someone like Kate Bush is alleged to have a 3-4 octave range which is extremely rare. I would estimate that Geddy's voice is somewhere around 2 octaves, give or take the era.

My personal range is probably an octave to and octave and a half, depending upon how much I've been at it and time of day. Later in the day is generally better for me after talking and warming up. If I am lucky.

The best way to tell if one can sing is to record and hear one's self. This is not for the faint of heart.

I don't need to record it - I know I sound like a yowling cat! tongue.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 9 2011, 02:11 PM)
Ticky has been telling me about his new blues band, "The Blues Harvesters of El Tickre" It features Ticky on vocals, marimba and elbow-tuned glockenspiel.

Ticky wears a polar bear outfit for the first half of the show and a purple rubber tux for the second half...

cool10.gif

Hey you dickhead! You could have said, SPOILER ALERT!!! rage.gif

pokey.gif

atickhum.gif bacon.gif

Edited by tick

QUOTE (tick @ Aug 10 2011, 07:42 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Aug 9 2011, 02:11 PM)

cool10.gif

Hey you dickhead! You could have said, SPOILER ALERT!!! rage.gif

pokey.gif

atickhum.gif bacon.gif

Whoops...

laugh.gif

moon.gif

ohmy.gif

cool10.gif

QUOTE (Draco @ Aug 10 2011, 04:20 PM)
If you can hear it, you can sing it.

If you can sing it, you can play it.

- Dizzy Gilespie.

unless you have had surgery on your vocal chords that is. I have. Can;t really sing. One side doesn;t vibrate correctly.