Time Machine DVD

MCM

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Aug 4 2011, 05:54 PM)
Blu ray finally available for preorder on amazon, $17.49. bncegrn.gif

Sure yes, i'm a kind of stupid: I don't have a bluray player yet but I think I'll preorder it instead of the dvd.

My dvd player is something like 10 years old and it might burn/explode/whatever before christmas.

.... so yes I'm a 10000% stupid (you can add at least one or two 0) but I'm sure I'm about to preorder both the dvd and the bluray!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Aug 4 2011, 01:56 PM)
Blu ray finally available for preorder on amazon, $17.49.  bncegrn.gif

Sure yes, i'm a kind of stupid: I don't have a bluray player yet but I think I'll preorder it instead of the dvd.

My dvd player is something like 10 years old and it might burn/explode/whatever before christmas.

.... so yes I'm a 10000% stupid (you can add at least one or two 0) but I'm sure I'm about to preorder both the dvd and the bluray!

You'll see the big difference with the Blu-Ray, not only for the picture, but also the sound. Snakes and R30 in blu-ray are quiet good!

QUOTE (RUDT @ Aug 4 2011, 08:18 PM)
You'll see the big difference with the Blu-Ray, not only for the picture, but also the sound. Snakes and R30 in blu-ray are quiet good!

Whatever the sound or anything I want to get the R30 thing. I know they put so much more songs on it!

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Aug 4 2011, 01:56 PM)
Blu ray finally available for preorder on amazon, $17.49.  bncegrn.gif

Not stupid! Unless, I'm stupid. I bought the R30 blu ray when it was released, and I had no blu player. I figured that was just a technicality, because I knew I would have one one day. Sure enough, I finagled a price match deal and had my blu player by that Xmas. trink39.gif

QUOTE (tontonfranck @ Aug 4 2011, 03:24 PM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Aug 4 2011, 08:59 PM)
trink39.gif

I like that!!! trink36.gif (belgian beer inside!) laugh.gif

Oh goody! a good belgian beer is a lot better than this pepsi shit!... trink39.gif

QUOTE (RUDT @ Aug 4 2011, 03:46 PM)
trink39.gif

Oh goody! a good belgian beer is a lot better than this pepsi shit!... trink39.gif

Lining up Stellas, if you please trink38.gif trink38.gif trink38.gif

QUOTE (RUDT @ Aug 4 2011, 03:46 PM)
trink39.gif

I've always wondered about that......is pepsico paying the Admins a bit of ad revenue? Is this intentional product placement? rofl3.gif

Bonus Features

Alternative ending for The Real History Of Rush: Episode 2

Outtakes from History Of Rush: Episodes 2 & 17

Outtakes from I Still Love You Man

Live from Laura Secord Secondary School (full clip from BLTS)

Live from Passaic, NJ (full clip from BLTS)

This is from amazon.co.uk's Time Machine Blu-Ray page. Looks pretty good. Is the NJ footage the "2112" B&W footage?

Yay, I pre-ordered the Time Machine blu-ray and the Taking Center Stage dvd. They'll be here in late October. I think for Halloween I'll blast them both and just give out ear candy this year. 1022.gif

QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jul 27 2011, 04:29 PM)
According to RIAB, according to Amazon.com, the release date for Rush's upcoming Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland concert DVD/Blu-ray has been pushed back one month from September 27th to Tuesday, October 25th. Amazon.com started accepting pre-orders for the DVD last week. The Blu-ray is not yet available for pre-order through Amazon but should be soon, and can currently be pre-ordered through other outlets.

I think we all saw this coming trink38.gif 2.gif

Did they post the set list?

QUOTE (Cato76 @ Aug 6 2011, 08:42 AM)
QUOTE (Lerxster @ Jul 27 2011, 04:29 PM)
According to RIAB, according to Amazon.com, the release date for Rush's upcoming Time Machine 2011: Live in Cleveland concert DVD/Blu-ray has been pushed back one month from September 27th to Tuesday, October 25th. Amazon.com started accepting pre-orders for the DVD last week. The Blu-ray is not yet available for pre-order through Amazon but should be soon, and can currently be pre-ordered through other outlets.

I think we all saw this coming  trink38.gif  2.gif

Did they post the set list?

Still no details have been released, but I think it's a lock that it will contain the entire Cleveland show. The first and second legs of TM tour had the same set list.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Aug 11 2011, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 11 2011, 04:30 PM)
I think that a 60 minute run time for the Time Machine Tour really Sucks!

fists crying.gif

This is the DVD that should be complete! Imagine if it didn't have The Camera Eye!

This is a joke, right?

wacko.gif

Nope, you can check for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/Time-Machine-2011-Li...13107584&sr=8-1

I just hope that this is a mistake due to lack of released information. I would presume the entire concert will be on that disc.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 11 2011, 06:07 PM)
QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Aug 11 2011, 07:09 PM)
QUOTE (losingit2k @ Aug 11 2011, 04:30 PM)
I think that a 60 minute run time for the Time Machine Tour really Sucks!

fists crying.gif

This is the DVD that should be complete! Imagine if it didn't have The Camera Eye!

This is a joke, right?

wacko.gif

Nope, you can check for yourself: http://www.amazon.com/Time-Machine-2011-Li...13107584&sr=8-1

I just hope that this is a mistake due to lack of released information. I would presume the entire concert will be on that disc.

No, I know what it says. I mean losingit's reaction was a joke, right?

The 60 minute run time is not a mistake, nor is it accurate. It's simply meaningless.

How can anybody not know how Amazon does this by now? This has been explained several times. It's the same reason that the so-called delayed release date from September to October is bogus. Amazon regularly puts default info up early all the time because they want to make products available for preorder, they put up guesses as far as release dates which they narrow down later and they fill in other data regarding number of discs, running times etc. with filler until the info is available.

Nothing has been delayed and the odds of it being 60 minutes are less than zero.

Here. Amazon's UK's page lists it as 164 minutes.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rush-Time-Machine-...12651587&sr=8-2

Here's a better example. Sometimes they never update that info.

This is Amazon's page for the R30 Bluray.

Oh no! It's 90 minutes long and it's fullscreen (1:33)! ohmy.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Rush-R30-Blu-ray/dp/...I/ref=ed_oe_blu

So, chill with the 60 minute stuff. smile.gif

Edited by snowdog2112

ha it would be like in the 80's cut a 2 hr show down to 60 minutes and cut out camera eye ect. naw. it will be a complete show trust me.. Rush took shit for r30 being cut down 8 songs... so i doubt that it would be cut. since its a special show.. Amazon doesn't have all the facts, all they got is a possible release date which most likely will be subject to change..

QUOTE (reani14 @ Aug 11 2011, 10:03 PM)
ha it would be like in the 80's cut a 2 hr show down to 60 minutes and cut out camera eye ect. naw. it will be a complete show trust me.. Rush took shit for r30 being cut down 8 songs... so i doubt that it would be cut. since its a special show.. Amazon doesn't have all the facts, all they got is a possible release date which most likely will be subject to change..

It still isn't hard to google the approximate length of the setlist. They should know what they're selling to customers. 1 hour isn't even close.

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 11 2011, 08:54 PM)

It still isn't hard to google the approximate length of the setlist. They should know what they're selling to customers. 1 hour isn't even close.

But that's my point and why I said 60 minutes is not a mistake. To be a mistake would mean someone actually put any thought or time into that at all. They didn't. I doubt anybody even entered in that "60". Someone just added a page for a product they expect to come out sometime in the near future and any info that's not manually added or altered is just filled in by the computer until somebody goes back and edits it. It's just simply default boilerplate stuff to fill in the blank. They do this all the time when they first put up listings, I commonly see 60 or 90 minutes for feature-length movies listed when they're first put up for sale months before release. That doesn't mean anything. Amazon's great but anybody who looks to 3rd party retailers for accurate release dates, contents, and technical specs before there's even an official product press release is just begging to be misinformed.

It's impossible for it to not have the Camera Eye. The tour was promoted based on the fact that they were playing Moving Pictures in its entirety.

QUOTE (snowdog2112 @ Aug 11 2011, 11:51 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Aug 11 2011, 08:54 PM)

But that's my point and why I said 60 minutes is not a mistake. To be a mistake would mean someone actually put any thought or time into that at all. They didn't. I doubt anybody even entered in that "60". Someone just added a page for a product they expect to come out sometime in the near future and any info that's not manually added or altered is just filled in by the computer until somebody goes back and edits it. It's just simply default boilerplate stuff to fill in the blank. They do this all the time when they first put up listings, I commonly see 60 or 90 minutes for feature-length movies listed when they're first put up for sale months before release. That doesn't mean anything. Amazon's great but anybody who looks to 3rd party retailers for accurate release dates, contents, and technical specs before there's even an official product press release is just begging to be misinformed.

Ok, I get ya. I've never checked retailers for info before release so I wouldn't know tongue.gif