Escalators

Mr. Not

How to Use an Escalator  

32 members have voted

1. 1. How to Use an Escalator

• Escalators were invented for our convenience. With the machine's help, you walk up / down to your destination even faster.
    • Escalators were invented for our convenience. Just stand there and get to where you need to go, then continue walking.

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Jul 21 2011, 02:39 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 21 2011, 12:24 PM)
Escalators are for standing on. If I wanted to walk, I would have taken the stairs.

There were no physical stairs through the entire mall. So sometimes, it's not an option

wow - that's weird!

The mall by me has 4 staircases near the 4 escalators. A lot of the 2 story dept. stores (like Kohl's, Sears, JC Penney,etc) all have escalators without stairs inside the store, but the main mall has both... and I always take the stairs. Like here at work, I never take the elevator. I try to make sure to get the extra exercise when I can.

My grandmother would stand at the top of an escalator for a long time waiting for just the right moment to step on. It would cause her great anxiety. I can still see her foot making pretend stepping motions while myelf and the line behind her growing more and more impatient with each passing opportunity.

For me, it depends. If I'm carrying a ton of heavy stuff and exhausted, I'll stay put (but I get over so people can pass). If not, or I'm pressed for time, I'll walk as far as I can, but I don't stress if I can't go any farther.

Unless you're REALLY old or have some kind of registered condition: walk.

It's strange; as physically lazy as I can be at times, I loathe the idea of elevators and escalators. Give me a good old fashioned set of stairs (unless it's like 5+ floors)

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jul 21 2011, 10:32 AM)
QUOTE (Your_Lion @ Jul 21 2011, 10:27 AM)
Of course, the best thing is walking up the down escalator, and walking down the up escalator biggrin.gif
Classic

One night, my friend and I were at a nearly empty mall and we raced up on 2 down escalators. Neither of us won because my friend got his toe caught on a stair and fell down. He recovered in time as to not get hurt, but we decided it was stupid after that.

Me & my younger brother did this lots, Years ago dazed025.gif

About 25 years ago, I had to go to a shopping mall, early before store's opened, to fix a cash register. There was about 20 people going up the down escalator, All basically stationary, using it like a stair climber . . . . for 20 !! confused13.gif

I will walk down an escalator most times, rarely up, unless I'm in a hurry.

?? . . . . I wonder if those who need walk up escalators because they can't stand still,

Walk in circle's while in an empty elevator ?? fing.gif

bekloppt.gif

It's hard to understand why it bothers some of you guys that much whether or not someone walks up them or not. Wherever you're going, it can wait. WTF is so important [at the mall especially] that you can't wait an extra 30 seconds on escalators if necessary?

Take it easy and all that jazz

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080904/big-lebowski_l.jpg

when my older brother was little, his shoelace got caught while walking up the escalator. my parents say he was dragged on his stomach and it looked like spaghettios when he was done lol

If i don't have my kids with me, i walk up as it is going