I hate my Fiance

D3strukt

As a musician, she respects Rush' chops, so i'm fine with that.

What i'm not fine with, is listening to "It's Not Fair" b Lily Allen, and "E.T." by Katy Perry, and getting f***ing hooked on them.

I'm a drummer, so the beats from ET is what hooked me (god knows she can't sing for shit.)

Not so sure why I like Lily Allen.

How do fix? HALP! sad.gif

Wow! I feel for you! I too am a drummer. Been playing for 28 years and thanks to having a young and sexy blonde wife with two incredible daughters who love Katy Perry, I too am in the same boat.

I have to hear it all dude. Not just Perry but the GaGa, Peas, Ke$ha, Usher, Jessie J, hell you name it.

I think being a drummer you naturally just groove to the beat no matter how bad it is.

I find my self tapping to this modern shit too but I just can't help it and I don't even know I'm doing it unless someone tells me.

Just let it go and enjoy it man even if it is painful.

Sounds oxymoronic, but such is the life of a drummer.

I have to take the wife and kids to Katy Perry this November.

Can't wait.

At least she is talented and hot.

Isn't Katy Perry a real blonde?

No wonder I like her.

Cheers!

Blondes have more fun even if they dye their hair black. wink.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 17 2011, 11:01 PM)
Katy Perry is catchier than herpes. I had this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EGSlwGiXTs stuck in my head for a good portion of the weekend, and I can't listen to Firework without tapping my feet. It's awful, but it's a reality we just have to face!

Ok that's weird dude!! I just mentioned this thread to you in the other thread!!

Perry is catchier than herpes, she is hot and she married that crazy guy Russell Brand.

Watched the remake of "Arthur" last night with my woman. It was nothing special.

I didn't like the original Arthur anyway when I was a kid.

Sorry for the hijack D3.

Maybe you should watch this movie with your fiance.

trink39.gif

i could watch katy perry all day, just keep the sound off.

her husband is an unfunny arse

One of the upsides to being 43, married to a 54-year-old, and not having kids: very, very limited exposure to the current trends in pop culture.

I like my nice little insulated cultural bubble. It's safe. I've never once heard a Katy Perry song, at least not that I'd recognize it.

I don't know about Katy Perry, but Lily Allen is friggin' hilarious! She deserves her own thread.

QUOTE (Mara @ Jul 18 2011, 09:46 AM)
One of the upsides to being 43, married to a 54-year-old, and not having kids: very, very limited exposure to the current trends in pop culture.
I like my nice little insulated cultural bubble. It's safe. I've never once heard a Katy Perry song, at least not that I'd recognize it.

Me too, I'm "past 40" and live with a 14lb dog, nothing enters my house, car or environment that I don't approve of first...

Except, went to a college reunion this past weekend, and obviously the DJ at our favorite bar wasn't aware of his "past 40" audience.. it was awful!! This horrible dance, thumping, full of profanity crap assulting my ears.. I though I might die. We quickly left to a safer environment with a jukebox we could control ourselves.. walked in and the jukebox was playing Motorhead.. whew, crisis averted.

Ok, sorry, went a little bit off there, but the state of "popular" music today is deplorable!!! Almost ruined my night of drinking.

I'm 49, my wife is 45, not really a Rush fan but she accompanied me to the concert last year and had a good time, with a 14 year old son, who can't stand pop, Bieber, Jonas Brothers, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, American Idol, etc., etc. I am blissfully unaware of most of what this stuff sounds like.

teehee I like pop music=] as well as MANY other types of music! lol. Katy Perry, well......let's just say I could watch her music videos on mute.

DAMN what I wouldn't do for 10 mins. alone with that woman.

My parents, who are both 50, have just started listening to Top 40 pop since they got XM in the car. I can't stand that shit. I have to hear it at school and I just don't understand the appeal. But then again, most people have no clue how I can listen to the stuff I like laugh.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Jul 19 2011, 07:09 PM)
I'm not a drummer so obviously I know nothing about music at all but even I can tell Katy Perry sux.

Catchy music doesn't mean it sucks.

If she starting singing in a register she could PROPERLY handle, she'd be fine, instead she wails the f**k out. Feels bad man.

The vocal melodies aren't bad, at all. It's just her deplorable singing. SORT OF LIKE TAYLOR SWIFT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Also, you have no f***ing idea, how hard it is, being a drummer to NOT tap. It's a beat. Any beat, (rap/HH/Pop especially.) doesn't matter, my drumsticks agree with me.

Edited by D3strukt

I understand you. I'm 30 years old and it's so hard for me to find a girl who is good looking AND has is willing to listen to music before the 80s whose name isn't Michael Jackson,Beatles or Madonna. Christ, there are grown adults I know who actually even prefer to listen to this Disney channel junk over great music like 2.gif .

Katy Perry has an interesting voice, that's why i like her. i don't like all of her songs, but yes, ET is a pretty sweet song. sounds like it should've been a Lady Gaga song.

speaking of Gaga, PLEASE don't judge her until you'v really heard her. check this out. you might be surprised.

Edited by liddybuck01