Dave Grohl Is My NEW HERO!!! FOO YOU FAN!!!

RUSHHEAD666

I don't really see what the fuss is about this band Earl...

A bland post-grunge band with an array of tuneless songs (bar maybe one)

A drummer trying to be a guitarist and a singer?

Let's get Bobby Blotzer to sing in a band and try and be a guitar legend, makes about as much sense...

My advice to Dave? Get back behind the kit and stay there, oh and shave the overgrown Fu Manchu beard off too...

trink36.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jul 16 2011, 10:09 PM)
Not a big Foo Fighters fan but I dig the new album and I absolutely love David Grohl.
This could be old news gang but check this shit out.

Grohl is one bad mutha fukka:

EXPLICIT! WATCH AT OWN RISK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl9GMOTaqtc

This is recent Earl, I saw it when it popped up on an entertainment website a few days ago.

Not a big fan of the band but good on him for kicking the idiot out who was making the trouble!

QUOTE (LaFellaStrangiato @ Jul 17 2011, 01:17 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 17 2011, 01:28 AM)

Technically, drums are his second instrument. He was a guitarist before he picked up the sticks.

Regardless he doesn't do anything that impresses me with a guitar, song writing or playing.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 17 2011, 12:21 PM)

Technically, drums are his second instrument. He was a guitarist before he picked up the sticks.

Regardless he doesn't do anything that impresses me with a guitar, song writing or playing.

and his drumming impresses you? tongue.gif

QUOTE (WCFIELDS @ Jul 17 2011, 01:39 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 17 2011, 12:21 PM)

and his drumming impresses you? tongue.gif

More than his guitar playing...

laugh.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 17 2011, 01:21 PM)

I'm sure it escaped a lot of radar, but Dave's drumming on the Killing Joke album (2003) is above reproach

Killing Joke - Seeing Red

why make such a big deal about the fight?

first, he doesn;t know why it as happening. maybe they guy was

protecting his girlfriend. I don't necessarily want to see security play guitar and I don't want to see guitarists doing security. What's next? Bitching at people arriving late or going to bathroom?

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Jul 17 2011, 09:38 AM)
Tuneless? biggrin.gif Funniest, least accurate label I've read in quite some time.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 17 2011, 03:42 PM)
why make such a big deal about the fight?
first, he doesn;t know why it as happening. maybe they guy was
protecting his girlfriend. I don't necessarily want to see security play guitar and I don't want to see guitarists doing security. What's next? Bitching at people arriving late or going to bathroom?

To add: I was involved in a scuffle at a show last year.

Someone ran into me really hard and when I presses back to maintain my position and continue standing I ended up in a pile of 8-10 people who also got ran into. The main perpetrators were thrown out and the rest of us were talked to by security. Had the band gotten involved I may have been thrown out for doing nothing.

QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ Jul 17 2011, 02:42 PM)
What's next?  Bitching at people arriving late or going to bathroom?

No, that's usually a stand up comic thing laugh.gif

He wants people to have fun at his show. Regardless of how or why the fight was started, there's no place for garbage like that at a rock show.

There's also the possibility of people who weren't even involved in the fight getting hurt by being near it. I think what Dave was trying to do was to stop something before it got too out of hand.

So what if he was playing security guard or not? From where he stands on the stage he's got a better view of what's happening than the security would from the floor.

I was once at a show where the band stopped playing in the middle of a song because somebody got hurt and landed on the ground while crowd surfing. If they didn't do that the person may have gotten hurt worse. Instead medics were able to come in and strecher the person out.

It's not exactly the same situation but I understand why Dave did it.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Jul 17 2011, 12:17 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 17 2011, 01:21 PM)

I'm sure it escaped a lot of radar, but Dave's drumming on the Killing Joke album (2003) is above reproach

Killing Joke - Seeing Red

I don't even need to see this link to know that Dave is a great drummer!

I don't care if Dave started on the guitar first.

Fukking Alex Van Halen started on the guitar first too and Eddie played the drums.

They switched and made a shitload of cash.

I was lucky enough to see Nirvana open at a New Year's Eve show in SF at the Cow Palace. Soundgarden and the Chili Peppers were there too.

Nirvana blew my mind as they did a nice homage to The Who and destroyed their instruments. Grohl beat the shit out his kit and smashed it up nicely. Keith Moon style.

Anyway, I saw The Crooked Vultures live at The Fox. We have talked about that band on here a lot.

They fukking kicked ass. Dave is a monster on the kit. I can see why John Paul Jones wanted to play bass with him. Very Bonzo if you ask me.

Serious power and straight ahead timekeeping. Forget Dave on vocals and the guitar!!

That being said, Dave is one smart businessman.

The man can write commercial songs and make a fortune.

After seeing that video of Dave going off on that fukking asshole you can tell that he still has his EGO intact and doesn't give a shit about the fame and fortune of making millions in a rock and roll band.

The checks keep coming in the mail. Fukk all of that hero worship shit.

That's what I get from the Grohl video. Good for him.

I can't wait for that second Them Crooked Vultures album!!

trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif 1022.gif