The Dark Knight Rises

ReRushed

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 14 2011, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 14 2011, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 14 2011, 06:43 PM)
Apparently, here's the new Batmobile.

Looks the same as the old one.

Yes. But it is "modified".

It has an extra plate or two on the side and some extra blinking lights on the interior?

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 15 2011, 10:19 AM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 14 2011, 09:11 PM)
QUOTE (USB Connector @ Jul 14 2011, 08:51 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Jul 14 2011, 06:43 PM)
Apparently, here's the new Batmobile.

Looks the same as the old one.

Yes. But it is "modified".

It has an extra plate or two on the side and some extra blinking lights on the interior?

http://www.emailvirals.com/data/media/1/batmobile.jpg

laugh.gif Jesus. What a piece of crap!

I saw the trailer during Harry Potter last night.

Seriously confused.

(I'm a terrible person and never read the comics.)

Exactly who was everyone? The music was really epic, though, and I screamed REAL LOUD (like everyone else in the theatre, haha) when it ended. Honestly I don't much care what it's going to be about, because TDK was one of the best movies I've ever seen, and I can only hope that TDKR will be at least half as good. xD

But seriously!? We have to wait a whole year!? ;~; Torturous!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jul 16 2011, 03:05 PM)
I saw the trailer during Harry Potter last night.
Seriously confused.
(I'm a terrible person and never read the comics.)
Exactly who was everyone? The music was really epic, though, and I screamed REAL LOUD (like everyone else in the theatre, haha) when it ended. Honestly I don't much care what it's going to be about, because TDK was one of the best movies I've ever seen, and I can only hope that TDKR will be at least half as good. xD
But seriously!? We have to wait a whole year!? ;~; Torturous!

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 21 2011, 01:02 AM)
So do you think Bane will kill Bats in this? It is the last one btw!

No...but I think a serious maiming is possible though ala a crippled Bruce like in the comics. It'd also allow for the title of "rising" to be used literally when Wayne recovers.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 20 2011, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 21 2011, 01:02 AM)
So do you think Bane will kill Bats in this? It is the last one btw!

No...but I think a serious maiming is possible though ala a crippled Bruce like in the comics. It'd also allow for the title of "rising" to be used literally when Wayne recovers.

Yes. I think Bane is going to kick Batman's ass and Batman later rises to be the hero he needs to be and is. Also, you have to remember, at the end of The Dark Knight, Batman is a fugitive.

I read some rumors about this version of Bane and the League of Shadows plays a role. A very cool role.

Seen the trailer - seems promising.

Just got one separate question: why is it, in all the movies, does it have to keep showing Bruce Wayne's parents dying when it was already established in the first one, or am I missing the point? It's not a criticism, just an observation.

Speculation is that Mation Cotillard is playing Talia Al Ghul!

I had the issue wherein her character was first introduced. Wish I'd hung on to it.

QUOTE (King Whompus @ Jul 20 2011, 11:02 AM)
It is the last one btw!

It's the last one until some other director and studio decide that they, too, have to make their own Batman films and reboot it again....... confused13.gif

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Aug 9 2011, 08:22 AM)
I sure hope they make a Justice League movie in 2013, like the rumors say.

They're still planning to do it but they're also saying that their Batman won't exactly be the Dark Knight - type Batman. There's also a proposed TV series in the works with Karl Urban as Batman which I'll watch because I think he'll do a good job in the role.

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Aug 10 2011, 12:00 AM)

They're still planning to do it but they're also saying that their Batman won't exactly be the Dark Knight - type Batman. There's also a proposed TV series in the works with Karl Urban as Batman which I'll watch because I think he'll do a good job in the role.

The JLA movie was originally set to be released 2 years ago. Who knows if it'll ever happen. Next year DC has Man of Steel and Dark Knight Rises but it has not set itself up for a team movie like Marvel's Avengers. Any JLA film probably would not have a "Nolan" Batman but something much lighter (simply because other JLAers are lighter).

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 10 2011, 12:03 AM)

The JLA movie was originally set to be released 2 years ago. Who knows if it'll ever happen. Next year DC has Man of Steel and Dark Knight Rises but it has not set itself up for a team movie like Marvel's Avengers. Any JLA film probably would not have a "Nolan" Batman but something much lighter (simply because other JLAers are lighter).

I thought that because of the new Batman and Super Man movies that is why the JL movie was put on hold. By 2013 they would have made a movie on most of the Justice League memebers. (Batman,Superman,Green Lantern) I also heard they were planing on making a Flash movie before The JL movie comes out.

QUOTE (bigmoney2112 @ Aug 11 2011, 02:16 AM)

I thought that because of the new Batman and Super Man movies that is why the JL movie was put on hold. By 2013 they would have made a movie on most of the Justice League memebers. (Batman,Superman,Green Lantern) I also heard they were planing on making a Flash movie before The JL movie comes out.

That probably wasn't the reason because the Superman movie has been an on and off project for the last few years following the 2006 one. There is nothing in the Nolan Bat films that'd suggest there'd have to be any continuity with all the characters.

The Flash movie had also been planned BEFORE the GL one AND with Ryan Reynolds. There are tons of hero films that are continuously "in production" that don't even come close to being made.

I'm still somewhat in shock at some of the Marvel films that have been made (and with success): Thor, Captain America, etc.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 11 2011, 09:28 PM)

That probably wasn't the reason because the Superman movie has been an on and off project for the last few years following the 2006 one. There is nothing in the Nolan Bat films that'd suggest there'd have to be any continuity with all the characters.

The Flash movie had also been planned BEFORE the GL one AND with Ryan Reynolds. There are tons of hero films that are continuously "in production" that don't even come close to being made.

I'm still somewhat in shock at some of the Marvel films that have been made (and with success): Thor, Captain America, etc.

Case in point: the Green Arrow "SuperMax" movie. I heard about this years ago but there doesn't seem to be any traction on it (thankfully, IMO, because it sounds ridiculous).

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Aug 12 2011, 01:10 PM)
QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 11 2011, 09:28 PM)

Case in point: the Green Arrow "SuperMax" movie. I heard about this years ago but there doesn't seem to be any traction on it (thankfully, IMO, because it sounds ridiculous).

Don't know about "SuperMax." I can't imagine a solo Green Arrow film doing well anyways. He seems better suited as a side character like Hawkeye in the upcoming Avengers movie.

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 15 2011, 01:14 AM)
QUOTE (King Whompus @ Aug 15 2011, 01:53 AM)
I just can't wait for a Deadpool movie.

Could easily be one of many Marvel films that never get done despite some talk about it. Besides, didn't they f**k up Deadpool enough for you in the Wolverine movie?

They did, but they don't have to play off the storyline of Origins for a Deadpool movie.