Greatest bassist of all time, past & present

Babycat

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I really liked and respected your comments on my other poll thread, so, buoyed by such positivity, I thought I'd create another one, this time omitting Geddy Lee in fairness to the forum, and included some of your choices.

This, I hope, will make this poll thread much more fairer and interesting for everyone!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 10 2011, 03:51 PM)
No Chris Squire? fists crying.gif

Really sorry about that, Goobs, his name was accidentally omitted - how do you add him to a poll once it's been posted..?

QUOTE (Babycat @ Jul 10 2011, 08:56 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Jul 10 2011, 03:51 PM)
No Chris Squire?  fists crying.gif

Really sorry about that, Goobs, his name was accidentally omitted - how do you add him to a poll once it's been posted..?

you don't. tongue.gif

that is, unless a kind admin steps in and fixes it, but once votes are already cast, the numbers are already skewed...

Jaco is the choice that I want to pick, though I don't like everything he has done. Chris Squire has the best sound to my ears and his lines are fluid and inventive...ditto Geddy Lee. Phil Lesh is a powerhouse and can turn a groove better than most. That being said, I am going to go with Tony Levin based on the fact that he can play with anyone and play what the song requires, be it a ballad with John Lennon, a prog adventure with King Crimson, or an assault on Heart of the Sunrise with the funk fingers. Tony is the man.

From the list, I voted John Entwistle.

If Squire or Geddy were on there,they

might have been considered, as well.

Good poll, babycat. wink.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 10 2011, 04:52 PM)
From the list, I voted John Entwistle.

If Squire or Geddy were on there,they
might have been considered, as well.

Good poll, babycat. wink.gif  biggrin.gif

Thanks! smile.gif

I imagine that by adding Ged in would've meant a biased vote. I think.

There are probably other great bassists I could've added, but I don't know what the poll limit is.

As it is, I'm still new to creating polls, and your feedback (pardon the expression) is greatly appreciated!

1022.gif trink39.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (fledgehog @ Jul 10 2011, 12:02 PM)
didn't know wooten ever played in DMB confused13.gif

My vote would have to go to either him, Jaco, or Stanley Clarke.

that would be news to me as well??

i guess geddy is my fave and i recognize other players like wooten are superior but I am going with Bootsy Collins!

To play with James Brown and P-Funk pretty much says it all to me.

I am Rick James fan too! cool10.gif supertangy!

Edited by tangy

No mention of Marcus Miller??

I object to Victor Wooten being labelled with the Dave Matthews Band tag, he only did that for the money! It should be Victor Wooten (Bela Fleck and the Flecktones)!

1287.gif

There's a ton of bass players not on the list, but there's not much point in me listing them, because I know it's gonna fall on deaf ears on here...

trink38.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 10 2011, 12:25 PM)

I object to Victor Wooten being labelled with the Dave Matthews Band tag, he only did that for the money! It should be Victor Wooten (Bela Fleck and the Flecktones)!

1287.gif

There's a ton of bass players not on the list, but there's not much point in me listing them, because I know it's gonna fall on deaf ears on here...

trink38.gif

did he actually play in DMB? all is see is that he opened shows for DMB. i can see him jamming live but was he ver a memeber of DMB?

secondly, i had no idea victor recorded a disc with greg howe?

did you know victor teach survival skill courses?

edit- he did record a live disc with DMB alongside Maceo Parker! gotta love you some maceo! common001.gif 1022.gif

Edited by tangy

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 10 2011, 12:30 PM)

1287.gif

trink38.gif

did he actually play in DMB? all is see is that he opened shows for DMB. i can see him jamming live but was he ver a memeber of DMB?

edit- he did record a live disc with DMB alongside Maceo Parker! gotta love you some maceo! common001.gif 1022.gif

I don't know to be honest, I just assumed the OP knew what they were talking about? Who was it babycat? Whoops? laugh.gif

Yes The Greg Howe/Victor Wooten/Dennis Chambers Extraction album is a good rock/fusion CD, I was listening to it the other day...

1022.gif

No I didn't know about the survival courses either...

What's the story??

unsure.gif

Edited by treeduck

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 10 2011, 12:37 PM)

1287.gif

trink38.gif

I don't know to be honest, I just assumed the OP knew what they were talking about? Who was it babycat? Whoops? laugh.gif

Yes The Greg Howe/Victor Wooten/Dennis Chambers Extraction album is a good rock/fusion CD, I was listening to it the other day...

1022.gif

What's the story??

unsure.gif

http://www.bassnaturecamp.com/

QUOTE (tangy @ Jul 10 2011, 12:46 PM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jul 10 2011, 12:37 PM)

1287.gif

trink38.gif

1022.gif

What's the story??

unsure.gif

http://www.bassnaturecamp.com/

Intriguing...

cool10.gif