Prediction for the next tour

LeaveMyThingAlone

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 8 2011, 01:58 PM)
As for a prediction: wouldn't it be cool if fans could vote for what songs they'd like to see played live, and for Rush to take that into account? I love getting surprised by the unexpected gems, like 'The Camera Eye' - was amazed how good it was live. I'd make a vote for 'Everyday Glory' - live, it would definitely send shivers down my spine!

Visit www.rushpetition.com

:-)

They're hot right now, why the hell would they stop touring when their probably the biggest they've ever been and they got so much on their plate right now. They still have 5-10 years left in em, no doubt. The tours will probably get shorter, but they'll stick around.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Jul 8 2011, 09:05 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jul 8 2011, 01:38 AM)
f**k Bravado. The Pass is the one that needs to be brought back. I can't stand Bravado, and don't understand why it gets praise. It is so boring.

It's my absolute favorite song ever so they better play it smile.gif

How about they just play both (like the VT tour) and make us all happy. smile.gif

trink39.gif 2.gif 1022.gif

QUOTE (sdaly @ Jul 8 2011, 03:29 PM)
QUOTE (Mika @ Jul 8 2011, 01:58 PM)
As for a prediction: wouldn't it be cool if fans could vote for what songs they'd like to see played live, and for Rush to take that into account? I love getting surprised by the unexpected gems, like 'The Camera Eye' - was amazed how good it was live. I'd make a vote for 'Everyday Glory' - live, it would definitely send shivers down my spine!

Visit www.rushpetition.com

:-)

Thanks for the link! There, got my voice heard (well, as much as it gets heard over the internet!) - let's see if they play my song next tour!!! ha ha

QUOTE (greyfriar @ Jul 7 2011, 06:38 AM)
I don't think this will be the last album or the last tour (if there is one in 2012). They seemed so relaxed and vital on this tour that I think we will also see the R40 !!!
I also didn't see a reason why they should stop as long as they play on such a high level. Maybe I'm too optimistic but that's my 2 cents.

I'm in this same boat...MY opinion is that as long as they are having fun, they will continue to tour. Sure every night isn't going to be what they want to be doing at that particular moment, but I think that in general, as long as it stays fun, they'll keep it up.... I honestly thought that during their last "hiatus" that was it, no more Rush, maybe, if we're lucky...something from the vaults, or something they've been saving to release when they decide that's it...but they came back better than ever!

I see the "R40" tour happening...I see something in 2012 to commemorate 100 years PRIOR to 2112 being a possibility (hey maybe they'll dust it off again...they did it ONCE!)

But I'll take what they give...it can't last forever..and we got a lot out of the last re-start!!!

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Jul 6 2011, 05:18 PM)
First of all, as sad as this may sound to some people, I genuinely believe Rush's last album will be Clockwork Angels and their final tour will likely follow. Whether that is 1 leg or 2 legs I'm not sure but I do believe the "Clockwork Angels" tour will be their last...mainly because I think Neil will call it quits and be a daddy and husband.

This is an interesting quote from Neil:

I feel a certain urgency, I really want to get that record made while I'm still able to," he says. "It was hard for me to set the album aside to tour, this really means a lot to me, I intend it to be my highest achievement lyrically and drumming wise, so I really want to get it done while we still can."

Sounds code for "my last hurrah and I want to go out blazing"

So with all that being said, I have some predictions about what the tour may look like. It sounds like the boys are really putting their heart and soul into this album, recognizing it may be their last. They want to bring the old school complexity and concept to their ability to play better than ever and I suspect this will be their crowning achievement, one they will be very proudly play in it's entirety on the clockwork angels tour.

I think we may all get some version of the "B-Sides" tour a lot of us have hoped for.

I think playing MP in it's entirety every night for 2 years has burned the boys out on that album, and they may in fact scrap MP as well as a lot of the other "classics" they've played forever

I see the same lengthy set with the 1st half being the Clockwork Angels album and the 2nd half being songs Rush wants to play that they haven't as often as they like.

I think the tour consists of smaller venues (4,000-7,000) since they won't play a lot of the classics. Though they may charge an arm and a leg knowing the die hards will come

Thoughts?

sounds like you put some thought into this, some good points.

lets hope you're right about some things... and wrong about others wink.gif

QUOTE (Snow-Dog2112 @ Jul 14 2011, 08:47 PM)
i think they might do 1 more album after CA, but after that album and tour theyll do small tours, i hope they do a symphony concert.

Yeah, that'll happen. eyesre4.gif

Actually, Rush already do "small concerts" in terms of how LONG they tour. Cutting it even shorter is stupid.

What they NEED to do is shorten the set JUST a bit, maybe by 10 minutes.

That extra 10 minutes could make a difference between them playing for another 5 years, vs. another 15 years.

QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jul 18 2011, 01:38 AM)
Actually, Rush already do "small concerts" in terms of how LONG they tour. Cutting it even shorter is stupid.

What they NEED to do is shorten the set JUST a bit, maybe by 10 minutes.
That extra 10 minutes could make a difference between them playing for another 5 years, vs. another 15 years.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a song cut from each set. That could definitely lengthen their career. yes.gif

But I don't know about 15 years. unsure.gif

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 18 2011, 08:09 AM)
QUOTE (D3strukt @ Jul 18 2011, 01:38 AM)

What they NEED to do is shorten the set JUST  a bit, maybe by 10 minutes.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a song cut from each set. That could definitely lengthen their career. yes.gif

But I don't know about 15 years. unsure.gif

Gotta love optimism. wink.gif

But, I agree though and I think most Rush fans would want them to tour much longer if it is at the expense of two songs cut from the setlist.

I do think the decision to have two halves to their concert with their 20-25 intermission IS the MOST BRILLIANT idea ever. That decision has and will prelonged their careers more than any other.

Long live 2.gif they rule nothing like an evening with 2.gif in concert.

All we know is CA is coming out and they are going to embark on an extensive tour in support of the album.

Then it's all about how they feel after at least a year off.

I think we will get that R-40 tour. I really do. I also believe on the CA tour the big draw will be side one of 2112 performed in it's entirety. They need a grabber because most casual fans (who make up 50-60% of their crowds) have not bought a Rush album since Roll The Bones.

Set one will be chock full of classics, a deep nugget or 2 and 2 CA songs.

Set 2 will be 2112 then tons of CA stuff, 2 classics to close and 2 big encore songs.

Really looking forward to the new album more than anything.

R-40 will be the mother of all tours as far as set-list. It will be one for the ages. Songs like Natural Science, Xanadu, By Tor & the Snow Dog, Jacobs Ladder...lot's of hardcore epics.

Edited by Todem