What songs did you love

ILSnwdog

Here's a few songs that I used to love...until FM radio played them into the ground. sad.gif

Peter Gabriel - Your Eyes

Blue Oyster Cult - Burnin For You

Pink Floyd - Young Lust

Bob Seger - Turn The Page

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight

I'm sure there are a lot more...but those popped right into my head.

I don't listen to FM radio EVER!

And I never overplay stuff.

People who do are not thinking ahead and need to badly re-valuate.

And hey Snowy, don't blame radio you have two hands there don't you? Reach for the dial or the off switch once in a while, you're not a zombie! You're a snowman!!

tongue.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2011, 11:56 AM)

And hey Snowy, don't blame radio you have two hands there don't you? Reach for the dial or the off switch once in a while, you're not a zombie! You're a snowman!!

tongue.gif biggrin.gif

Sound advice. I did one better. I have satellite radio now. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 24 2011, 12:15 PM)

tongue.gif  biggrin.gif

Sound advice. I did one better. I have satellite radio now. biggrin.gif

Cool

trink39.gif

1022.gif

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2011, 12:56 PM)

Me too.

FM radio? What is that? Since I got a car stereo from my son for Xmas two years back, I load up an 8Gb thumbdrive with MP3s and hit randomize.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 24 2011, 12:56 PM)

Me either...Had Sirius for 6 years and it's the best thing when it comes to radio.

As for songs I can't stand to hear again.

Number 1 with a bullet is Bohemian Rhapsody...I used to love that song until Wayne's World now I turn it off every time it's on...I can't stand that song!!!

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Jun 24 2011, 05:52 PM)
Number 1 with a bullet is Bohemian Rhapsody...I used to love that song until Wayne's World now I turn it off every time it's on...I can't stand that song!!!

Yep, I never cared for that song and Waynes World intensified my hate for it.

That's the nature of radio though. That's why songs get on the charts and then leave because everybody gets sick of hearing them and are ready for something else.

Rinse and repeat.

Eagles - Hotel California.. used to love that song, 'til the feckin' radio overplayed it. I really can't listen to it on the radio any more, now, when i hear it played, i get an uncontrollable urge to kick the radio.

The lone classic rock station here (loved by rednecks and dadrockers, the only two groups dumb enough to NOT buy a stereo with a CD player/auxiliary port) has resorted to playing "new" music - meaning Pearl Jam and Soundgarden - because many longtime listeners, such as myself, simply do not give a shit about it anymore.

I love having a car with an auxiliary plug-in biggrin.gif

The only time I really listen to FM radio is in my dad's car, since the other car has XM, so I'm sick of the usuals - Slow Ride, Hotel California, Dream On, Bohemian Rhapsody, and so on. They're good songs, but I'm pretty much sick of them.

I love satellite radio though. The Boneyard and Deep Tracks are great. I've discovered quite a few bands from listening to XM.

QUOTE (ColdFireYYZ @ Jun 24 2011, 11:02 PM)
The only time I really listen to FM radio is in my dad's car, since the other car has XM, so I'm sick of the usuals - Slow Ride, Hotel California, Dream On, Bohemian Rhapsody, and so on. They're good songs, but I'm pretty much sick of them.

I love satellite radio though. The Boneyard and Deep Tracks are great. I've discovered quite a few bands from listening to XM.

This.

But to answer the question:

I remember a few years ago that "Dani California" was one of those songs. I agree with "Hotel California." "Layla" is probably another one.

QUOTE (Fred Star @ Jun 24 2011, 07:23 PM)
Eagles - Hotel California.. used to love that song, 'til the feckin' radio overplayed it. I really can't listen to it on the radio any more, now, when i hear it played, i get an uncontrollable urge to kick the radio.

Strange, I get the urge to do the same whenever I hear an Eagles song anywhere.

I don't listen to FM radio unless I'm driving around with my father. The only time I listen to the radio by myself, I have it tuned to ESPN Radio.

I try to avoid radio but sometimes you dont have a choice. My car got stolen last year and my dad kindly let me use his '88 Blazer for the entire winter as a second vehicle. Unfortunately it only has radio so I try to avoid the overplayed songs like Zeppelin, Floyd, Skynyrd, etc...Bands I love but dont want to hear Freebird every other day, ya know. Edited by Bastille Dave

Two by Toto: "Africa" and "Roseanna" come immediately to mind. I was quite fond of them when they were first released, but they became SO overplayed in a matter of weeks

"Rock Me Amadeus"

"Don't You Forget About Me" - gah, that one got done to death and I still hit skip on the CD

Radio ruined for me..............

The first 4 Led Zep albums

Aerosmith -Dream On

Walk This Way

Kiss - Beth

Rock and Roll All Night

Detroit Rock City

Alice Cooper -No More Mr Nice Guy

Schools Out

Deep Purple -Smoke On The Water

Woman Frm Tokyo

Van Halen -Runnin With The Devil

You Really Got Me

Jump

Panama

Boston -Everything

Eagles -Everything

Years and years of FM radio (been on Sirius for 3 years now) has caused me to have somewhat disdain for:

Boston - all

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell, Another Brick Part 2, Money

tongue.gif biggrin.gif

That's what I did ten years ago. When FM radio started making me sick of songs I loved it was time to turn it off. It was cool when I was younger because I used it to help me get into bands but as time went and they kept playing the same old, same old, it was time to move on.

I only listen to the radio now while going to and from work which is only about a 15 min trip. A lot of the time i'll just put on the local news or sports talk station we have here.

Not listening to FM radio has made me regain the love I onced had for songs that I was getting sick of. It's really that simple, just avoid the radio as much as you can and over time the songs won't bother you as much when you hear them. At least that's how it worked for me.

I don't mind when radio over plays songs that are undeniable calssics, I get that. What I don't get is when they over play songs that make me wonder why on earth they were hits in the first place and why anybody would still wanna hear them today.

Someone mentioned the song 'Slow Ride' and that's the perfect example of the type of song i'm talking about. That song was actually a hit and people still wanna hear it now? Seriously?