SPOILER THREAD! I Am "Faithless" About This

RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 12 2011, 08:53 PM)

reading your post was like stepping in dog sh it...i didn't mean to, didn't see it comin', ya know? but once i did, it was just the worst thing you could imagine

Yup, I just spent the last 10 minutes getting the crap of my feet too . . . .

062802puke_prv.gif

But, I will know better next time. doh.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GotRush @ Jun 12 2011, 10:15 PM)
QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Jun 12 2011, 08:53 PM)

reading your post was like stepping in dog sh it...i didn't mean to, didn't see it comin', ya know? but once i did, it was just the worst thing you could imagine

Yup, I just spent the last 10 minutes getting the crap of my feet too . . . .

062802puke_prv.gif

But, I will know better next time. doh.gif

Poo hoo!

You two should get a room.

I am sure you will both have many lovely "Dog Years" together.

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 12 2011, 01:23 PM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 12 2011, 08:20 AM)
Rush has NOT become "stagnant and tired" at all..
You want stagnant and tired look at the Jethro Tull set lists in the early, mid and late 2000's.. The same same same for years. and it got OLD! Oh change a song or two but that was it... The set list this tour looks awesome and I wish i had the funds and time to go again.

However if they got close enough to me I'd be going still.. old.gif

I am off to LA next week to see Rush at the Gibson and this show will tare a hole in the roof... This will be my 3rd show of the tour and I love every second of it. Time Stand Still......

So you sold the Wednesday ticket?

Skully

Shit Tull! I forgot that you were going to the Wed show. We could have hooked up for a beer.

I am sure there will be a next time.

Well I was able to sell my tickets to the show and I never bought my Monday tickets as I was waiting until next week to pull the trigger on Stub Hub.

I'm saving time and money dude.

I've seen Rush 50 times. Tull ZERO.

They may be a tired act but I must see the band at least once.

Personally I am looking more forward to seeing Martin Barre play.

TULL ON!

Well next time is right...

You better see Tull before you can't, I'v seen them 22 times and this tour I was not able to see, plus I did not want to see the same old set for the 10th time, then they change it up on me. Oh well got a RUSH Show... trink39.gif

Martin is the man and master.. 1022.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 12 2011, 08:20 PM)
Most Rush fans know that the band changes three or four songs during the second leg of their tour.
Well they didn't do it this time so I decided to save some cash.

I wonder if their decision not to change the set list for the second leg was due to them bringing it over here to Europe in 2011 and wanting to give us fans over here the same show? confused13.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Jun 13 2011, 09:17 AM)
Most Rush fans know that the band changes three or four songs during the second leg of their tour.

I wonder if their decision not to change the set list for the second leg was due to them bringing it over here to Europe in 2011 and wanting to give us fans over here the same show? confused13.gif

A large factor IMO.

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 13 2011, 06:40 AM)
You want stagnant and tired look at the Jethro Tull set lists in the early, mid and late 2000's.. The same same same for years. and it got OLD! Oh change a song or two but that was it... The set list this tour looks awesome and I wish i had the funds and time to go again.

I am off to LA next week to see Rush at the Gibson and this show will tare a hole in the roof... This will be my 3rd show of the tour and I love every second of it. Time Stand Still......

Skully

Shit Tull! I forgot that you were going to the Wed show. We could have hooked up for a beer.

Well I was able to sell my tickets to the show and I never bought my Monday tickets as I was waiting until next week to pull the trigger on Stub Hub.

TULL ON!

You better see Tull before you can't, I'v seen them 22 times and this tour I was not able to see, plus I did not want to see the same old set for the 10th time, then they change it up on me. Oh well got a RUSH Show... trink39.gif

Right on Tull! That's a deal!! On the "Clockwork Angels" we will have a beer!!

Can't wait to see Martin!

trink39.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Jun 13 2011, 09:17 AM)

Good question.

Well to each its own! I for one completely changed my vacation to fit in RUSH in at Vegas! Reagrdless, of how many times I've already seen them (3)! I still can't ev en see why there are still some people complaining about a set list that has:

All of Moving Pictures (Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ, Limelight, The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt, Vital Signs), The Spirit of Radio, Time Stand Still, Freewill, Subdivisions, Marathon, Neil Peart & Alex Lifeson solos, Two new (Soon to be classic) songs, 2112, Far Cry, La Villa Strangiato and Working Man in it!

What's the hell is your problem?

2.gif Rules!

moon.gif

QUOTE (willowroolz @ Jun 13 2011, 12:17 PM)

I wonder why they couldn't have changed the setlist in the US only and play the same show in Europe. I enjoyed seeing the same show twice, but tickets are expensive and if I was going to a bunch of shows I'd want a different setlist too.

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Jun 13 2011, 12:08 PM)
Well to each its own! I for one completely changed my vacation to fit in RUSH in at Vegas! Reagrdless, of how many times I've already seen them (3)! I still can't ev en see why there are still some people complaining about a set list that has:

All of Moving Pictures (Tom Sawyer, Red Barchetta, YYZ, Limelight, The Camera Eye, Witch Hunt, Vital Signs), The Spirit of Radio, Time Stand Still, Freewill, Subdivisions, Marathon, Neil Peart & Alex Lifeson solos, Two new (Soon to be classic) songs, 2112, Far Cry, La Villa Strangiato and Working Man in it!

What's the hell is your problem?

2.gif Rules!

moon.gif

Wow! Tough crowd! You just assume that I am no longer into Rush simply because I don't want to go to two L.A. shows?

I have absolutely no problem, life is good.

Rush will always be the greatest band in the world to me. Duh.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Jun 13 2011, 08:17 AM)
QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 12 2011, 09:08 PM)
...have a great night cleaning your anus.

If that doesn't belong on a t-shirt then nothing does.

laugh.gif

Aye!

Shit, people are a little rough on Earl huh ?

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 13 2011, 11:02 AM)

Skully

TULL ON!

trink39.gif

Which show you going too. The Greek was a good show I hear.. Need to look for some youtube vids.. wink.gif

QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 14 2011, 05:29 AM)

Skully

TULL ON!

trink39.gif

Which show you going too. The Greek was a good show I hear.. Need to look for some youtube vids.. wink.gif

Hey Tull!

The show is tonight! I'm about to take off from work and get ready to head down to Saratoga with my woman.

It's at the Mountain Winery. A beautiful intimate venue to see the greatness of Ian Anderson and Martin Barre!

I was just doing some research on Ian. Did you know that he and his wife Shona own salmon fisheries? Their estate was worth 10.7 million pounds back in the 1990's! They are the only shareholders of their company. Plus Ian is still getting royaltiy checks, touring cash and merch revenue.

The dude is the Scottish version of Samm Hagar! LOL!

Aqualung tonight!!! I'm not "Faithless" about Jethro Tull!! wink.gif

Cheers!

I think Earl made a good choice.

Same reason I didn't go to see them for this leg either...because I already saw them on the first leg.

I'm saving money up so I can see them on the tour for Clockwork Angels when the setlist will be re-vamped.

QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 14 2011, 08:24 PM)

Same reason I didn't go to see them for this leg either...because I already saw them on the first leg.

I'm saving money up so I can see them on the tour for Clockwork Angels when the setlist will be re-vamped.

Same set list as the Time Machine tour, except they are swapping out Moving Pictures for Clockwork Angels ... unsure.gif

** Ducking the vegetables being thrown ** bekloppt.gif

QUOTE (capoetc @ Jun 14 2011, 09:39 PM)
QUOTE (Rush! @ Jun 14 2011, 08:24 PM)

Same set list as the Time Machine tour, except they are swapping out Moving Pictures for Clockwork Angels ... unsure.gif

** Ducking the vegetables being thrown ** bekloppt.gif

Yeah but it'll be new music from Rush- that's the main reason I'm going for.

I love the setlist as it is now anyway so it's all good.

Edited by Rush!

Earl, you never fail to entertain! It wouldn't be the same around here without you. trink39.gif

JUST STAY THE F U C K OUT OF MY PORTNOY THREAD YA TROUBLEMAKER!!! atickhum.gif bacon.gif

Earl = burger2.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

QUOTE (RUSHHEAD666 @ Jun 14 2011, 01:57 PM)
QUOTE (TullSkull @ Jun 14 2011, 05:29 AM)

Skully

TULL ON!

trink39.gif

Hey Tull!

The show is tonight! I'm about to take off from work and get ready to head down to Saratoga with my woman.

It's at the Mountain Winery. A beautiful intimate venue to see the greatness of Ian Anderson and Martin Barre!

I was just doing some research on Ian. Did you know that he and his wife Shona own salmon fisheries? Their estate was worth 10.7 million pounds back in the 1990's! They are the only shareholders of their company. Plus Ian is still getting royaltiy checks, touring cash and merch revenue.

The dude is the Scottish version of Samm Hagar! LOL!

Aqualung tonight!!! I'm not "Faithless" about Jethro Tull!! wink.gif

Cheers!

Yes I did know Ian was fishy.

Can't wait to hear a review... and no fish stories.. biggrin.gif

Slightly off topic, but...

Isn't Mountain Winery the most beautiful venue around? My wife and I love going there.

Although we were a little disappointed in this summer's offerings, you could see almost anyone there and have a good time.

The last time we were there we opted for the dinner before the show. The views from the terrace were unbelievable.

Hope you enjoyed the show.

QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 13 2011, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 13 2011, 04:23 PM)

Aye it's cos they're all NOOBS!

biggrin.gif

That and they don't finish reading the post first. He makes no mention of ending his Rush fandom or never seeing them live again.

I forget who was it that penned the line "quick to judge, quick to anger,

slow to understand" wink.gif

That line describes perfectly anyone who's attacking Earl for his decision.

QUOTE (tick @ Jun 14 2011, 08:02 PM)
Earl, you never fail to entertain! It wouldn't be the same around here without you. trink39.gif

JUST STAY THE F U C K OUT OF MY PORTNOY THREAD YA TROUBLEMAKER!!! atickhum.gif bacon.gif

Earl = burger2.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

Hahaha! Thanks Tick! I try to bring something different to the table even if I get bashed for it! I can dish it out too if I have to!

I will do my best to stay away from your Mike Portnoy thread, but you never know! Once those beers kick in it's fair game!

Cheers!

trink39.gif 1287.gif

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 15 2011, 06:43 AM)
QUOTE (treeduck @ Jun 13 2011, 04:45 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jun 13 2011, 04:23 PM)

Aye it's cos they're all NOOBS!

biggrin.gif

That and they don't finish reading the post first. He makes no mention of ending his Rush fandom or never seeing them live again.

I forget who was it that penned the line "quick to judge, quick to anger,

slow to understand" wink.gif

That line describes perfectly anyone who's attacking Earl for his decision.

Well said my friend. Your post sums it all up for me.

I will be a Rush fanatic until the end!!!!!

trink39.gif