Enough already.

garyg7133

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 18 2011, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 18 2011, 02:40 PM)
If you don't like the set list, DON'T GO. More tickets for those of us who just want to hear the music and maybe luck out and get good seats.

But tickets aren't hard to come by anyway. Sheffield was half-full on monday.

Probably because the setlist is shit, tickets are too expensive, Neil's drumkit is a pile of wank compared to what it used to be, Geddy's roots need retouching - and his new hairdye is a woeful shade, NEP is just such a miserable looking prick, the merchandise is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive, the lights aren't as good as they used to be, Alex's head is too shiny, they used too may samples, the tempos are still too slow etc. etc.

Oh, I was front row too smile.gif

they dont move around enough, they move around too much, they get up in the morning, the sleep late sometimes, they eat bad food, spell things wrong, they go to bed late, sometimes they fall asleep on the bus, Ged holds his bass a lil different, sometimes Ged holds his bass the same way he did years ago, they dont even tune their own guitars anymore, they prob dont recycle enough, whats with the motorcycle- neil didnt need to do that in 1978, they still prob laugh at cartoons, i think they drink pepsi- not coke, why doesnt geddy use his real name...whats he trying to hide, Alex definetly changes guitars too much, Neil switches grip on certain songs, stop playing 2112 its really old now, they only played part of 2112-if yer gonna do it dont cheat us out of the Oracle like All The Worlds A Stage, why didnt they play all of farewell to kings, I like that record better than MP, why didnt they play all of permanent waves, I like that album better then MP, how dare they write hemispheres and not realize in 30 something years he cant sing it anymore, they tune down songs so they can play songs that i would be really pissed if they didnt play at all, the show was at night, there were other people there WTF?, they like playing different stuff,they like playing some of the same stuff they always play that a lot of other people like more than me, they write some stuff that sounds a lil like their old stuff, they write some stuff that sounds really different than the song before it on the record, they played stuff out of order, they never say hello when I walk by they bus, real musicians would hire other people to play all the stuff they can trigger themselves, Neil doesnt use zildian anymore, Alex definitely smiles too much, Neil doesnt smile enough damn him, geddy sings too much during certain songs, and they probably drink water too those f*cks...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ May 18 2011, 05:39 PM)
If you don't like the set list, DON'T GO. More tickets for those of us who just want to hear the music and maybe luck out and get good seats.

Probably because the setlist is shit, tickets are too expensive, Neil's drumkit is a pile of wank compared to what it used to be, Geddy's roots need retouching - and his new hairdye is a woeful shade, NEP is just such a miserable looking prick, the merchandise is waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive, the lights aren't as good as they used to be, Alex's head is too shiny, they used too may samples, the tempos are still too slow etc. etc.

they dont move around enough, they move around too much, they get up in the morning, the sleep late sometimes, they eat bad food, spell things wrong, they go to bed late, sometimes they fall asleep on the bus, Ged holds his bass a lil different, sometimes Ged holds his bass the same way he did years ago, they dont even tune their own guitars anymore, they prob dont recycle enough, whats with the motorcycle- neil didnt need to do that in 1978, they still prob laugh at cartoons, i think they drink pepsi- not coke, why doesnt geddy use his real name...whats he trying to hide, Alex definetly changes guitars too much, Neil switches grip on certain songs, stop playing 2112 its really old now, they only played part of 2112-if yer gonna do it dont cheat us out of the Oracle like All The Worlds A Stage, why didnt they play all of farewell to kings, I like that record better than MP, why didnt they play all of permanent waves, I like that album better then MP, how dare they write hemispheres and not realize in 30 something years he cant sing it anymore, they tune down songs so they can play songs that i would be really pissed if they didnt play at all, the show was at night, there were other people there WTF?, they like playing different stuff,they like playing some of the same stuff they always play that a lot of other people like more than me, they write some stuff that sounds a lil like their old stuff, they write some stuff that sounds really different than the song before it on the record, they played stuff out of order, they never say hello when I walk by they bus, real musicians would hire other people to play all the stuff they can trigger themselves, Neil doesnt use zildian anymore, Alex definitely smiles too much, Neil doesnt smile enough damn him, geddy sings too much during certain songs, and they probably drink water too those f*cks...

Yup there's just no pleasing some people.

Lighten up you spoiled brats.

The first couple of times I saw the band, I had crap seats. As time went on, I got side seats all the time or sat in the back where I felt the best overall sound was. I lucked out during the S&A tour and got 3rd row. I doubt I'll ever get that close again without paying a premium. I'm certainly not going to bitch about it though the way some go off. This is the band I grew up with and I'll go to every show that I can. Sooner or later, they'll stop and then everybody who's bitched about this and that can go see nickelback.

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ May 18 2011, 06:39 PM)

Supreme piece of work.

applaudit.gif

QUOTE (ucsteve667 @ May 18 2011, 11:39 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 18 2011, 11:24 AM)
One of my buddies and I go at it all the time over Counterparts and T4E but neither of us go on and on about it. I am not a fan of those albums outside of 2 or 3 songs between them therefore I don't listen to them. He happens to be a fan of both and while we jokingly get on each other about it once in a while, it doesn't compare to what I see here sometimes.

Counterparts and/or T4E over Hold Your Fire any day of the week my friend. 653.gif

QUOTE (32Ford @ May 19 2011, 09:29 AM)
QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 18 2011, 11:24 AM)
One of my buddies and I go at it all the time over Counterparts and T4E but neither of us go on and on about it. I am not a fan of those albums outside of 2 or 3 songs between them therefore I don't listen to them. He happens to be a fan of both and while we jokingly get on each other about it once in a while, it doesn't compare to what I see here sometimes.

Counterparts and/or T4E over Hold Your Fire any day of the week my friend. 653.gif

um, that's my buddy. Why not go take a piss yourslf.....

QUOTE (TheBluePhoenix @ May 19 2011, 10:31 AM)
I say we've had enough of this kind of thread. I think you should take your own advice. If you don't like someone's comments then go take a piss!

I take it you're the board police? Read above. We're all entitled to opinions.

I think I understand where the OP is coming from. I personally have stopped posting in internet forums altogether

1. Because my opinion is only an opinion and I dont think it is worth anything more than another, I give it now and then, but dont expect anyone to care.

2. I think it is a waste of time because either positive or negative posts dont change much if anything at all in reality, and most forums simply get overpowered by people who seem to think that it does change something in the real world.

That is actually all.

I have never understood why anyone would take something personally when someone posts a negative opinion about a band. If they are not taking something personally and are just mad about it, I also wonder why. Is said person worried that it will hurt the bands feelings and cause a premature breakup or something? I dont understand. Yes I suppose that if I was to go to a social gathering in the real world, and everyone was bitching I guess I would be disappointed and would leave. But here, on the internets, a simple click and you are gone. No more seeing negativity. I guess some would find it annoying that their outlet to praise the band would be cluttered up by negativity, but then again, do people need to have their opinion validated? If I like a band, no amount of bitching will convince me to not like the band. On the flip side, if I dont like an album, or the current output of a band, feeling lucky that a band it at least out there doing something will not make me like it. Why would I feel lucky that a band is still going if they are not making music I like to hear? Great for them, but to me, my life stays the same. Fortunately I am still into Rush, though.

But... yeah, one of the rare times I actually take 5 min to give my opinion...

In short... its only the internet.

comp26.gif

QUOTE (Solitudeix @ May 19 2011, 10:16 PM)
I think I understand where the OP is coming from. I personally have stopped posting in internet forums altogether

Oh no you haven't!!!!!!

i've read through this all and i must say i'm with the original poster.

this is a fan site - nothing more - nothing less - i simply don't believe the people who set this up did it with the intention of creating a forum for the argument of whether rush are a good band or not.

i'm sick fed of people feeling a need to post negativity and vitriol on a variety of forums.

if you don't like stuff musicians do - fine - don't go to the gigs - don't buy the records - here is a novel idea - instead of going to a forum for that band and bitching about that - why don't you go to the forum of something you do like and post something positive about them

life is too short to listen to people moaning in my opinion

d x

Their is always The Bacon Forum. No one complains about bacon. If they do they are immediately banned. atickhum.gif bacon.gif

QUOTE (Ceiling Limited Squishy @ May 19 2011, 06:00 AM)
QUOTE (Ancient Ways @ May 18 2011, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (eshine @ May 18 2011, 11:08 PM)
This forum is like a collective ass kiss compared to some of the others out there.

Kiss the azz

hahaha you f**k baby

laugh.gif

QUOTE (garyg7133 @ May 19 2011, 11:31 AM)
Up yours douchebag. banghead.gif

I love this post because it is so angry and apparently just directed out to the entire world. Nice work friend. trink39.gif

the way I see it, I'm not missing out on much by not going to see them in concert. First of all, I ain't got the money to spend, secondly, their more recent tours haven't exactly been as good as their older tours.

And I may not even buy the new album if I don't like it. So what?

Right now, I'm in Kate Bush heaven and can't wait to get her new album next week.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 19 2011, 08:18 PM)
the way I see it, I'm not missing out on much by not going to see them in concert. First of all, I ain't got the money to spend, secondly, their more recent tours haven't exactly been as good as their older tours.

And I may not even buy the new album if I don't like it. So what?

Right now, I'm in Kate Bush heaven and can't wait to get her new album next week.

I think their recent tours have been superb. When I saw them last summer and at MSG they played aggressively and intensely. The best I've seen them since the early 80's.

And that "new" Kate Bush album, if Rush did what she did...oh boy...