News Weather & Sports

MCM

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CMWriter @ May 1 2011, 12:46 AM)

I personally loved the little story about Olivia. Just.. aww!! wub.gif It just made me smile so big. Really, I know everyone's entitled to his or her own perceptions and judgments and opinions, but how can one read that and not be touched at least a little? He really seems to care about his family. So cuuuute.

That part was downright heartwarming. He's a big lug. smile.gif

QUOTE (Scars @ May 1 2011, 12:19 AM)
So it's a horrible thing if Neil voices his dislike of religion, but it's perfectly acceptable for people to voice their dislike of him doing so? confused13.gif

I don't think Neil has ever discussed his religious views outside of his lyrics and I think it's a great that he's finally acknowledged those who constantly criticize him.

You people spend far too much time bashing Neil for his beliefs (or lack thereof) and how much he chooses to discuss it.

On-topic: I think it was absolutely beautiful when he discussed the book he made for his daughter.  smile.gif

This. Exactly this.

The part about the picture book for Olivia made me say "Aww."

Edited by teababe27

QUOTE (teababe27 @ Apr 30 2011, 11:53 PM)
QUOTE (Scars @ May 1 2011, 12:19 AM)
So it's a horrible thing if Neil voices his dislike of religion, but it's perfectly acceptable for people to voice their dislike of him doing so? confused13.gif

I don't think Neil has ever discussed his religious views outside of his lyrics and I think it's a great that he's finally acknowledged those who constantly criticize him.

You people spend far too much time bashing Neil for his beliefs (or lack thereof) and how much he chooses to discuss it.

On-topic: I think it was absolutely beautiful when he discussed the book he made for his daughter.  smile.gif

This. Exactly this.

yes.gif

For the love of your God, get over it, people. He's not Christian, he's not even religious. He writes lyrics based on his own observations, feelings and life experience. Deal with it. If it bugs you that much either don't listen or write your own damned lyrics. eyesre4.gif

I do not disagree with Neil's viewpoints on religion; I am in no way offended by them. The problem is that at this point the anti-religion lyrics are no longer creative, and lack empathy.

I'm rather interested in how the tone of the character in Brought Up To Believe (I'm not using stupid acronyms) changes through the song cycle (narrative?). I know how I would approach it, so I look forward to seeing how different what I imagine could happen verses what the will.

Oh, didn't read this blog thing. Maybe I will later?

QUOTE (zogoto @ May 1 2011, 07:18 AM)
I do not disagree with Neil's viewpoints on religion; I am in no way offended by them. The problem is that at this point the anti-religion lyrics are no longer creative, and lack empathy.

BINGO! beathorse.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2011, 09:04 AM)
And can someone please tell me if there's ANY Rush related news in his blog?  I really don't want to go read it myself to find out if I don't have to.  Anyone?  Anyone? Bueller?

Nothing new, it's just a waste of time. wink.gif

Is Neil creative? Hardly.

Edited by circumstantial tree

QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2011, 01:04 PM)
And can someone please tell me if there's ANY Rush related news in his blog? I really don't want to go read it myself to find out if I don't have to. Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Each band member "negotiates" with Ray Danniel$ for their touring requests.

A friend of daddy's skim-read it for him. I won't waste time reading the bilge.

QUOTE (Cosy Toes @ May 1 2011, 10:01 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ May 1 2011, 01:04 PM)
And can someone please tell me if there's ANY Rush related news in his blog?  I really don't want to go read it myself to find out if I don't have to.  Anyone?  Anyone? Bueller?

Each band member "negotiates" with Ray Danniel$ for their touring requests.

A friend of daddy's skim-read it for him. I won't waste time reading the bilge.

He talked about wanting to not work in the summer, and the fact that they were hitting their mark well enough on the road, that theyd put off finishing the album. He also talked about Cosy Toes daddy being a douche, and trying to avoid him whenever possible.

"I've never understood why some people obsess about what they don't believe in rather than what they do believe in. "

Given what he's gone through..... I can't blame a guy for feeling angry....

And he does speak to what he believes in.... " I believe in love, and that's faith enough for me "

QUOTE (Scars @ Apr 30 2011, 11:19 PM)

On-topic: I think it was absolutely beautiful when he discussed the book he made for his daughter. smile.gif

wonder if he'll get that book published? biggrin.gif

i love the Uncle Alex and Uncle Geddy comment... wub.gif

QUOTE (Phantom @ May 1 2011, 10:49 AM)
"I've never understood why some people obsess about what they don't believe in rather than what they do believe in. "

And he does speak to what he believes in.... " I believe in love, and that's faith enough for me "

angry... at God? unsure.gif

QUOTE (SeamusWiles @ May 1 2011, 01:01 PM)
QUOTE (Phantom @ May 1 2011, 10:49 AM)

angry... at God? unsure.gif

exactly. How can you be angry at somebody you don't believe in.

He's turning into Archie Bunker.

I'm friends with Johnny Cash's youngest sister Joanne (hey, I'm in Nashville) and she told me today that an atheist came her church and said, "I'm an atheist, but if I ever went to a church it would be this one." She smiled at him and said, "I bet you thank God that you are an atheist." The man shook his head and walked away.

I sounded better when she told it, but I thought is was pretty funny. tongue.gif

Ummm...I just finished reading Neil's new post. It seems like some of the folks around here are a little thin skinned when it comes to the subject of Neil's view on religion. I'm not going to argue that point with anyone on this board. No need really. It's his opinion. If you don't like it, too bad.

Anyway, I did not walk away from that "article" with the impression that he's putting down religion, at all. He's asking questions, not stating fact.

My personal opinion of his faith, or lack thereof, reminds me of an old Woody Allen quote: "To you, I'm an atheist. To God, I'm the loyal opposition."

As always, a good read.

I don't think there's a person out there who isn't aware of Neil's stance on religion. He's mentioned it often enough.

If you don't like the "bellow belt", please do yourself a favor and don't go there.

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ May 1 2011, 05:04 PM)
I don't think there's a person out there who isn't aware of Neil's stance on religion. He's mentioned it often enough.

If you don't like the "bellow belt", please do yourself a favor and don't go there.

I am specifically referring to his May entry.

I really don't care what he personally thinks. I want him to play that freakin' kit!