Who will produce Rush's next album

ioc

With few exceptions, after the fall of Broon, Rush albums have been produced in pairs (although if you want to be nit-picky, you could say Broon produced 5 pairs of albums).

Examples:

Power Windows.......Peter Collins

Hold Your Fire..........Peter Collins

Presto......................Rupert Hine

Roll the Bones..........Rupert Hine

Counterparts............Peter Collins

Test for Echo............Peter Collins

Different Stages.......Paul Northfield

Vapor Trails..............Paul Northfield

Snakes & Arrows......Nick Raskulinecz

Clockwork Angels.....Nick Raskulinecz

So, if the pattern were to hold, CwA will be Nick Raskulinecz' last album. Who's next for the producer's chair? Who would you like it to be?

QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 22 2011, 12:18 PM)
There probably won't be a next album unless you count CA live or possibly R40.

Yeah, I guess I should have seen that coming.

Personally, as of right now, that doesn't seem probable. Especially considering the band has expressed that they feel they are in their prime right now, I don't think they have in mind to throw in the towel any time soon.

QUOTE (ioc @ Apr 22 2011, 01:27 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Apr 22 2011, 12:18 PM)
There probably won't be a next album unless you count CA live or possibly R40.

Yeah, I guess I should have seen that coming.

Personally, as of right now, that doesn't seem probable. Especially considering the band has expressed that they feel they are in their prime right now, I don't think they have in mind to throw in the towel any time soon.

Maybe, only time will tell.

I guess I needed to add the disclaimer that this is all hypothetical. I have no knowledge of future events, at least as far as the band is concerned, nor can I read their minds.

Given that the universe could implode sometime between now and infinity; and assuming that it hasn't by the time you read this and won't by the time the band makes another album*, who then would or should produce the new album?

*additional disclaimer: it is also unknown IF the band will definitively make another album; but for the purposes of this discussion such will be assumed, barring personal tragedy, etc. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited with or without the express written consent of MLB. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final.

This supersedes all previous notices.

QUOTE (ioc @ Apr 22 2011, 12:52 PM)
I guess I needed to add the disclaimer that this is all hypothetical. I have no knowledge of future events, at least as far as the band is concerned, nor can I read their minds.

Given that the universe could implode sometime between now and infinity; and assuming that it hasn't by the time you read this and won't by the time the band makes another album*, who then would or should produce the new album?

*additional disclaimer: it is also unknown IF the band will definitively make another album; but for the purposes of this discussion such will be assumed, barring personal tragedy, etc. This product is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. List each check separately by bank number. Batteries not included. Contents may settle during shipment. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to approval. This is not an offer to sell securities. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your physician. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if eaten before date on carton. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For off-road use only. As seen on TV. One size fits all. Many suitcases look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-tobacco ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem to be right for you. Slippery when wet. For office use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any mailbox. Edited for television. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating locations only. Not the Beatles. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your cancelled check is your receipt. Add toner. Place stamp here. Avoid contact with skin. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of dog. Contestants have been briefed on some questions before the show. Limited time offer, call now to insure prompt delivery. You must be present to win. No passes accepted for this engagement. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of carton. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flame. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited with or without the express written consent of MLB. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs, or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Restaurant package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free before digging. Driver does not carry cash. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Record additional transactions on back of previous stub. Decision of judges is final.
This supersedes all previous notices.

rofl3.gif

That disclaimer is classic!

Also, I'm jumping in before the inevitable "Terry Brown"! eyesre4.gif

Don't get me wrong. The Broon albums stand alone. Collectively the best work the band has ever done.

But what worked so well then might not 30 years later. I have a feeling it might prove to be a mighty disappointment.

QUOTE (Mara @ Apr 22 2011, 01:01 PM)
Also, I'm jumping in before the inevitable "Terry Brown"!  eyesre4.gif
Don't get me wrong. The Broon albums stand alone.  Collectively the best work the band has ever done.

But what worked so well then might not 30 years later.  I have a feeling it might prove to be a mighty disappointment.

Still, Rush never says never. I think 'Return of the Broon' is most fans' secret dream, while deep down believing that it will signal the 'end of days' or something.

Also, I'm jumping in before the inevitable "Terry Brown"! eyesre4.gif
Don't get me wrong. The Broon albums stand alone. Collectively the best work the band has ever done.

But what worked so well then might not 30 years later. I have a feeling it might prove to be a mighty disappointment.

if terry came back he couldn't do any worse than s & a and the two new one's. ph34r.gif

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Apr 22 2011, 04:19 PM)

Also, I'm jumping in before the inevitable "Terry Brown"!  eyesre4.gif
Don't get me wrong. The Broon albums stand alone.  Collectively the best work the band has ever done.

But what worked so well then might not 30 years later.  I have a feeling it might prove to be a mighty disappointment.

if terry came back he couldn't do any worse than s & a and the two new one's. ph34r.gif

I agree. Terry hasn't been sitting on his duff. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=08LDs_ONqvc

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Apr 22 2011, 05:24 PM)
I was going to jokingly suggest Justin Bieber's producer, but it turned out that he has something closer to ten. laugh.gif

rofl3.gif Even with TEN producers, he still sucks...

It would be great to see Terry back but I really don't think that it would work. Nick R. did a good job on the 2 new tracks. Chances are it wouldn't be the same bringing back Terry Brown. Rush seem content with their current producer. If they do release another album after CA (which I don't see happening), I'd like to see them keep Nick R.

If Rush managed to make another album after Clockwork Angels (what a delight it would be but I am really not counting on it). I would love for them to have Steve Wilson (of Porcupine Tree) sit in the console for their next studio project.

QUOTE (Todem @ Apr 22 2011, 04:36 PM)
If Rush managed to make another album after Clockwork Angels (what a delight it would be but I am really not counting on it). I would love for them to have Steve Wilson (of Porcupine Tree) sit in the console for their next studio project.

Hmmmm......I like the cut of your jib.

QUOTE (ioc @ Apr 22 2011, 12:10 PM)
With few exceptions, after the fall of Broon, Rush albums have been produced in pairs (although if you want to be nit-picky, you could say Broon produced 5 pairs of albums).
Examples:

So, if the pattern were to hold, CwA will be Nick Raskulinecz' last album. Who's next for the producer's chair? Who would you like it to be?

rick rubin

QUOTE (hughes&kettner @ Apr 22 2011, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (ioc @ Apr 22 2011, 12:10 PM)
Examples:

So, if the pattern were to hold, CwA will be Nick Raskulinecz' last album.  Who's next for the producer's chair?  Who would you like it to be?

rick rubin

+1 OMG yea! new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Archived