Any Howard Stern Fans?

snowdogged

I love listening to Howard and how Neurotic he is. He is a funny guy. I know a lot of people don't like him but he is the most successful person ever in the history of radio personalities.

I use to a big fan of his as far back as his tv show on WOR? out of NewYork.(wish they would release some of that stuff on dvd!) Then when his national "free" radio show was in it's prime hilarious and disgusting wouldn't miss it. His trip to Cleveland with disgruntled rival station employee from WMMS cutting wires and pulling the plug on his live broadcast was a classic moment. But when Howard became more famous really got tired of his attitude and seemed to get farther out of touch with his working class audience. Just my opinion, don't have pay radio so no idea how he is now, sure he has much more freedom to do what he wants. To me that's what made his " regular radio" show great, Stern's constant battles with the FCC and pushing the limits.

QUOTE (softfilter @ Apr 6 2011, 02:25 PM)
I use to a big fan of his as far back as his tv show on WOR? out of NewYork.(wish they would release some of that stuff on dvd!) Then when his national "free" radio show was in it's prime hilarious and disgusting wouldn't miss it. His trip to Cleveland with disgruntled rival station employee from WMMS cutting wires and pulling the plug on his live broadcast was a classic moment. But when Howard became more famous really got tired of his attitude and seemed to get farther out of touch with his working class audience. Just my opinion, don't have pay radio so no idea how he is now, sure he has much more freedom to do what he wants. To me that's what made his " regular radio" show great, Stern's constant battles with the FCC and pushing the limits.

I was compelled to reply at length to this when I saw Stern's name - until I saw this post. Old-time fan from the 'free' radio days and I love the guy. But I have not heard a single word uttered from him since his move to satellite radio - and any thoughts I would have had on it have been expressed perfectly in the quoted post.

QUOTE (Pags @ Apr 6 2011, 11:53 AM)
QUOTE (softfilter @ Apr 6 2011, 02:25 PM)
I use to a big fan of his as far back as his tv show on WOR? out of NewYork.(wish  they would release some of that stuff on dvd!) Then when his national "free" radio show was in it's prime hilarious and disgusting wouldn't miss it. His trip to Cleveland with disgruntled rival station employee from WMMS cutting wires and pulling the plug on his live broadcast was a classic moment. But when Howard became more famous really got tired of his attitude and seemed to get farther out of touch with his working class audience. Just my opinion, don't have pay radio so no idea how he is now, sure he has much more freedom to do what he wants. To me that's what made his " regular radio" show great, Stern's constant battles with the FCC and pushing the limits.

I was compelled to reply at length to this when I saw Stern's name - until I saw this post. Old-time fan from the 'free' radio days and I love the guy. But I have not heard a single word uttered from him since his move to satellite radio - and any thoughts I would have had on it have been expressed perfectly in the quoted post.

Pags the opposite is true. I've been listening since '93 but his show has been 10x better since the move to Sirius. The freedom he has to pretty much do or say anything he wants has been refreshing, and he's not over the top with it. It's worth checking out. Definitely worth my $12 a month.

Big fan and daily listener (when I'm at home). Always keep tabs on what's happening via howardstern.com when I'm at work.

Love the show and all the personalities. Howard is a master showman and interviewer.

BABABOOEY!!!!!!

If you like listening to the radio then download this program. It's a program that streams P2P radio broadcasts. My favorite station is called 'The Weak'. I think that if you are into Howard Stern then you will definitely like this station. Just download and install the program and look for the station named 'The Weak'. It might take a couple of minutes for the name of the station to appear on the list but then you can set it as your favorite and will load quickly after that. It is a very small program and there is no malware with it. Once again, if you like Howard Stern, this show is every bit as good as his but I won't go so far as to say better.

StreamerP2P Radio

Edited by snowdogged

I'm listening to him right now (as I have been for 17 years).

Stern is the greatest. He is the 2.gif of broadcasting. Best ever but gets no respect from anyone other than fans.

Sure old timers talk about his days in the 80's, which I have heard, and they were great, but times have changed and those days are gone. However in my opinion even those days can't touch what he gives us on Sirius. Although the energy, spontaneity, and drive to conquer are diminished with age, he has matured into a master of his art.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u351/Discipleoflerxst/HowardKimmelEntrance.gif

Edited by Invisible To Telescopic Eye

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Apr 7 2011, 06:54 AM)
I'm listening to him right now (as I have been for 17 years).

Stern is the greatest. He is the 2.gif of broadcasting. Best ever but gets no respect from anyone other than fans.

Sure old timers talk about his days in the 80's, which I have heard, and they were great, but times have changed and those days are gone. However in my opinion even those days can't touch what he gives us on Sirius. Although the energy, spontaneity, and drive to conquer are diminished with age, he has matured into a master of his art.

http://i519.photobucket.com/albums/u351/Discipleoflerxst/HowardKimmelEntrance.gif

I like the sound of that. I love the guy, and I feel lucky to have been a part of the listening audience from all those years ago. The only reason I don't listen to Stern now is because I don't have Satellite radio. If I had, I would have followed him from the moment he changed over. No question. It was sad for me to have to say a silent goodbye to the show. I miss it.

This one's for Pags. Although I haven't listened to Stern that much over the years, as most of his fans have, I do respect the guy. And it seems like no one is better than Stern when it comes to interviewing celebrities and getting the most out of them.

Anyway, I saw this thread and figured since it's been a bit since I have tuned into his 2 channels, Howard 100 and Howard 101, I thought I would see what was on the 101 channel that sometimes plays bits from his old shows from past years.

To my amazement, it was playing the show from waaay back where Stern first branded Gary with his now infamous Baba Booey name. I had always heard how he got his name but had never heard that show before. It was good stuff...

http://mysite.verizon.net/Assbuster/2011-04-09_SXM_Player5.jpg

Another good channel I listen to sometimes is the Bootlegs channel. Nothing but live bootlegs from various artists and genres over the years. An oldie but a goodie from The 'Pagscon' Hits album... cool10.gif

http://mysite.verizon.net/Assbuster/2011-04-09_SXM_Player4.jpg

I remember last summer and all the Mel Gibson clips. I heard them on Howard first. Then it was also Gay Week with guest star George Takai... that was great! laugh.gif

Love Howard!

QUOTE (SiriusRushFan @ Apr 9 2011, 09:26 PM)
This one's for Pags. Although I haven't listened to Stern that much over the years, as most of his fans have, I do respect the guy. And it seems like no one is better than Stern when it comes to interviewing celebrities and getting the most out of them.

Anyway, I saw this thread and figured since it's been a bit since I have tuned into his 2 channels, Howard 100 and Howard 101, I thought I would see what was on the 101 channel that sometimes plays bits from his old shows from past years.

To my amazement, it was playing the show from waaay back where Stern first branded Gary with his now infamous Baba Booey name. I had always heard how he got his name but had never heard that show before. It was good stuff...

http://mysite.verizon.net/Assbuster/2011-04-09_SXM_Player5.jpg

Another good channel I listen to sometimes is the Bootlegs channel. Nothing but live bootlegs from various artists and genres over the years. An oldie but a goodie from The 'Pagscon' Hits album... cool10.gif

http://mysite.verizon.net/Assbuster/2011-04-09_SXM_Player4.jpg

applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif applaudit.gif

THANKS!!!

I remember that day when Gary got the nickname. laugh.gif That was a riot. Some of the greatest things that ever happened with that show were unscripted.

For those of you who dig the more famous shows from his history, you should try to find "The History of Howard" on some of the filesharing websites. I forgot if they've done 3 or 4 parts by now. But, each part is 10 days of legendary clips spliced with new reflective interviews from guests and the cast. It's extremely well done and highly entertaining.

QUOTE (cfmoran13 @ Apr 12 2011, 07:44 AM)
For those of you who dig the more famous shows from his history, you should try to find "The History of Howard" on some of the filesharing websites. I forgot if they've done 3 or 4 parts by now. But, each part is 10 days of legendary clips spliced with new reflective interviews from guests and the cast. It's extremely well done and highly entertaining.

I've heard every episode of HoHS and it's great...my all time absolute fave is part 1, episode 1...I love to hear shit like that...people who grew up with someone famous and tell their side of what is was like to know that now famous person before fame.

The stuff about Roosevelt, and how it changed and how it changed him...those old tapes he made as a kid and his dad "SHUT UP, SIT DOWN, I told you not to be stupid ya moron". I love HoHS but that first episode just tops 'em all for me.

BTW he did a great (as usual) interview with Dave Grohl yesterday. Anyone catch it?

Unfortunately David Arquette is sitting in all week...I hate it when he is on...I hate his stupid laugh all the time and I hate how desperately he wants to be part of the show. At least George Takei (who is awesome) knows when to keep his mouth shut and stay in the back ground. Arquette sucks...I don't think I'll be listening for the rest of the week.