The 'New' Rush.com

GUP1771

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but Rush kicked off their 2011 tour by also having their official site revamped. I don't know, I kinda miss the old format they had.

It's not a big deal, but I just wanted to pass it along. I think they are still adding features, some of which will come in the near future from what I read.

http://www.rush.com/rush/

Speaking of errors tongue.gif

"Fly by Night" is not in all-caps like the rest of the discography.

2112/ATWAS...No mention of 2112 by title, just the parts (didn't realize Lakeside Park was so epic on ATWAS:D)

AFTK...Just says "Cygnus X-1" no mention of Book I.

HEM...Just says "Hemispheres" no mention of Book II, or Cygnus X-1.

PeW has the "of" in SoR capitalized. The capitalizing of non-capitalized words is pretty much a problem with every song.

ESL/Chronicles has "Spirit of Radio" instead of "The Spirit of Radio."

HYF..."Time Stands Still" (the error is repeated on other discs)

ASOH..."Closer The The Heart"

Chronicles..."La Villa Stangiato"

RTB..."Where's My Thing?(Part IV, 'Gangster Of Boats')"...doesn't say trilogy.

TFE..."Colour Of Light" (Didn't even try, did they?)

DS...Missing every song after CTTH.

RiR CD..."Free Will" ...missing discs 2 and 3.

Rx3 ... Only shows ESL

QUOTE (Scars @ Mar 31 2011, 12:00 AM)

2112/ATWAS...No mention of 2112 by title, just the parts (didn't realize Lakeside Park was so epic on ATWAS:D)

PeW has the "of" in SoR capitalized. The capitalizing of non-capitalized words is pretty much a problem with every song.

Rx3 ... Only shows ESL

ohmy.gif

You know, the folks at Rush.com ought to hire you as a Beta tester laugh.gif

I tried to get in to have a look - it took ages before I could get in & when I eventually did, it more or less froze & locked my screen. So I tried again & tried to click on 'discography' (i tried 'band' first time) but it didn't seem to want to do anything. When it finally did, the screen just froze. From what I saw, I think the layout looks quite good - if only I could get the thing to work... b_sigh.gif

I have to put my screen on full (hit F11) to get the right size and format. laugh.gif Kind of a pain, but at least the layout's kind of neat.

And on Rushbackstage, what happened to the closeout section? Either it's empty or something's wrong with my computer and it's not loading. O-o

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 31 2011, 06:47 AM)
I have to put my screen on full (hit F11) to get the right size and format. laugh.gif Kind of a pain, but at least the layout's kind of neat.

And on Rushbackstage, what happened to the closeout section? Either it's empty or something's wrong with my computer and it's not loading. O-o

I think they discontinued all of the closeout items, since they released the new 2011 shirts.

QUOTE (L. Wince @ Mar 31 2011, 07:31 AM)

I think they discontinued all of the closeout items, since they released the new 2011 shirts.

Drat! D: And I was really hoping to get one... Oh well.

That seems likely. I just find it amazing they could've cleared out all those shirts so quickly.

QUOTE (Life is Just the Candle @ Mar 30 2011, 10:43 PM)
HAHAHAHA on the Caress of Steel Discography they spelled The Fountain "The Fountian"

An album so neglected, even RUSH themselves can't get it right!

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Mar 31 2011, 07:42 AM)
QUOTE (L. Wince @ Mar 31 2011, 07:31 AM)

Drat! D: And I was really hoping to get one... Oh well.

That seems likely. I just find it amazing they could've cleared out all those shirts so quickly.

On the last day of the sale, there were still some shirts available. Most of the sizes left were small and medium. I wanted to get a shirt for my dad but the XL sizes went quickly.

I'll say it again, their customer service sucks. I sent emails and messages through twitter & never got a reply.

QUOTE (Scars @ Mar 31 2011, 02:00 AM)

Rx3 ... Only shows ESL

You're my hero

QUOTE (circumstantial tree @ Mar 31 2011, 09:57 AM)
the site doesn't impress me. Looks too cartoonish.

cool look but very busy at the same time.. I was like, woah, what the! Kinda miss the old one, straight and to the point.. Guess I'll have a peek around and see how it looks.

I do like how there is no music blaring thru my speakers, that's a good benefit.

I think it's okay, I dunno where they put the cool photos and links to John Arrowsmith's smugmug site.

The site has 4 different backgrounds. refresh the site page to view all of the different backgrounds.

That's pretty cool. But, the typo's have to go.

KK

QUOTE (Phantom @ Apr 1 2011, 08:33 PM)
When I click on " Band ", ged, al and neil's heads are covered by the top of the website.

Could be something on my end??

Same on my screen, they'll pry my LG CRT monitor out of my cold dead hands, someday I'll have to get a wide screen flat thing, would be convenient, less power consumption. I have a feeling it's based on your desktop size.

Archived